FYI:: NEW SHIPMENT OF SAIGA"S ARE IN!

The Lord giveth (my saiga) and He taketh away ($599.00 out of my bank account)!

Yes thats right Gilberts has charged my card $618.00 for a 109 people! The lady also said that next time it will be a lot worse.

Somebody tell me everything is going to be alright please...

Exchange rate is only a minor part... shipping is also a very minor part... the real driver is supply and demand. The Russian ruble has only gained 19% against the dollar since January 2004. In 2004, you could buy all the S12s your bank account could afford for $199 from CDNN. They had hundreds if not a few thousand at that time. Look at the market for the Saiga 12 since the expiration of the AWB in the U.S.... it has exploded, and there aren't a lot of them coming in. The Russians aren't stupid... they see the market; they see what people are bidding on web boards; they see what dealers and current owners are selling them for, and they see how many freakin' dollars we fanatics spend on them. Hence... they are maximizing profits and (somewhat) discouraging entrepeneurs from just manufacturing U.S. versions by keeping them 'just affordable enough' to prevent competition.

It is starting to surprise me that no one (e.g. Arsenal) is tooling up in America to build 12gauge AK shotguns. At over $600 and getting worse for a sporter configuration, a domestic manfacturer with a good reputation could charge $900 for a pistol-gripped, folding stock, std handguard variation and be back-ordered forever. Hell, the SLR-107FR can be had for that price all day long and 60 to 70% of the parts are compatible.

I realize the political landscape is somewhat risky for the R&D... but damn.

Edited by RDSWriter

Yes thats right Gilberts has charged my card $618.00 for a 109 people! The lady also said that next time it will be a lot worse.

Is that one of the companies that everyone was on a $399 S12 waiting list?

Is that one of the companies that everyone was on a $399 S12 waiting list?

I think center fire systems was what most was on for 399.00 I order 2 on 4/18/08 and was still given that price. But know I don't know if orders are still being taken. I think it was like 800+ at that time.

Oh man! I cant wait to call my dealer in TX tomorrow to see if I'm one of the lucky few to get the saiga-12 that I've had on backorder for the past 3 months...

I already paid them $460 for it (card was charged months ago)....but was told that the price *might* go up and they would let me know.....I wont pay a dime over $600....and even at that I will be hesitant to pay 600 bones..... we'll see :beaten:

First of all, don't start a landslide when you haven't spoken with anyone about a new shipment of shotguns! There are still a few surfacing here and there for sale, but not from a new shipment of shotguns.

.....and everything is going to be alright. :)

I contacted Centerfire this morning. They told me they have not received their shipment yet and don't know when they will be getting it. "Soon" is all I could get out of them. I've had a 109 on order since February 14th. They told me I was on the list to get one in the next shipment. Then I asked the most important question... "How much will they cost?". The nice lady told me $399.99, BUT if there was a change to that I would be notified... hmmm... waiting still.

Interesting factoid. It is taking so long to get this that my dealers FFL date expired. LOL.

"Interesting factoid. It is taking so long to get this that my dealers FFL date expired. LOL." unquote

Yep, that happens! Almost like waiting for that buck of a lifetime to come into bow range! It sure is a great feeling getting excited all over waiting for a new shotgun. That says a lot for the shotgun: well worth waiting for.

......It is starting to surprise me that no one (e.g. Arsenal) is tooling up in America to build 12gauge AK shotguns. At over $600 and getting worse for a sporter configuration, a domestic manfacturer with a good reputation could charge $900 for a pistol-gripped, folding stock, std handguard variation and be back-ordered forever......

Me as well, the only problematic parts would/should be the bolt, carrier, trunnions and gas tower. Those parts could just as easily be made overseas without any 922R issues. Everything else is available aftermarket or easily manufactured. Plus the gun could be available in a pistol grip configuration and built to US quality control standards.

Russian steel may be better then ours these days. :(

Just an FYI - I spoke to RAAC two or three times this past week, about a number of things, and the shotguns will be out to distributers here the first week of July, is still the projected time.

There has been a price increase, that is supposed to remain stable for a while, but that isnt proof positive.

Also, those that prepaid to Cadiz Gun Works at the price I quoted, WILL NOT incur a fee when we get the guns in. I said it in my business section, and Mr Cole and myself stand by the belief that you do not backcharge people when you have a deal made already. If we cannot forecast our pricing, then that is our fault, not the consumer's.

Just an FYI - I spoke to RAAC two or three times this past week, about a number of things, and the shotguns will be out to distributers here the first week of July, is still the projected time.

There has been a price increase, that is supposed to remain stable for a while, but that isnt proof positive.

Also, those that prepaid to Cadiz Gun Works at the price I quoted, WILL NOT incur a fee when we get the guns in. I said it in my business section, and Mr Cole and myself stand by the belief that you do not backcharge people when you have a deal made already. If we cannot forecast our pricing, then that is our fault, not the consumer's.

Bvamp, you seem to always be sure of delivery dates pertaining S12's. However all of them come and go. We'll see what happens this time. FMJ.

...well, the 12's would already be here this week if they hadn't have gotten hung up in German customs, which is why the date got pushed up to the first week of July. Not much I can do about that, except explain the delay's reason. The reason people are being charged now by some of the distributors and retailers, is because they are on the Atlantic ocean, or sitting in port, awaiting customs clearing. there is another container to help fill rifle back orders sitting in port right now, as well. Those guns wont be shipping to distributors for a couple of weeks, as well, for various reasons, as well, also for reasons I cannot say, but know are justified.

I apologize that I cannot say much more than that, but I have a privacy agreement on some information. I am, however, TRYING to share what I can, but I just want to let you know that it is not as easy to do this as one might think. I know I didn't think it would be this involved or difficult when I took the step into the pond of the gun world. I will tell you all this, however... I'm not playing games, here. I am not dangling a carrot in front of a rabbit here, like has been implied by a number of the members of this forum. It is frustrating because the information I CAN share, blatantly demonstrates that I know more than I am letting on, and it is frowned upon by a lot of people. I'm sure someone else could communicate what the public needs to know, and still keep confidential information secret, and have no one suspect that that is the case, but that someone is not me, and at least I am honest about it, no matter how it is perceived. I apologize that some feel that I am waving this in their faces, but honestly, I am not. There is information that needs to get out there, and it is part of information that is not supposed to be out there, but it is in fact the real deal nonetheless.

I also understand how frustrating it is for EVERYONE, from the importer all the way down to the end consumer, to have to deal with shortages, delays, and dry spells - however, from what I have been told, that should be ending in the near future. Think about how many emails and PMs I am getting with inquiries from potential buyers of all kinds, as a distributer AND retailer of Saigas, and having no product in hand to get started with, although that is about to change real soon, as well.

I can assure you that the warehouse is 99.9% empty.

Myself and the orginator of this post just bought from Gilberts. Mine should have arrived today, but there was a hailstorm in Nebraska and that held up UPS.

To BVAMP. I believe you and am not challenging your statement, but what is Gilbert's Guns selling? Did the one I ordered come from a new batch, or was it some batch that was held back by him until now? Maybe I should wait until tomorrow if it arrives and see that exactly is in the box.

I dont know about gilbert's practices or amount they have in storage in the company.

The price is only going to go up in the future, and LORD HELP US if the damnocrats get in office. This brand of guns is HIGH on their list, apparantly, which, along with the drum problem, will cause bigger distributors and retailers to withhold SOME stock on the 12 gauges, until they can be replentished, which is what I think is happening with them, if I had to extrapolate. The guns are COMING is what that tells you.

I put a batch out there that I CAN AND WILL deliver on out of the next container, at a reduced rate because of the prePAID thing I did with guaranteed price hold and such etc etc, but I cannot say that my next stock gun offerings will remain at the same price level, or even if there will be ANY stock gun offerings from Cadiz Gun Works again, in the future. I will know when they arrive, for that point, as well.

speculation? without going over bounds? gilberts is selling off company stock guns in anticipation of refilling their racks, which is a savy business sense, and shows that they are a permanent player in the Saiga market.

to all: I am only trying to add clarity to this mess, and help let it be known that the guns are coming soon! I hope that my post here does not violate the people at Gilbert's guns' confidence or opinion of me professionally for trying to clarify some logistical issues that are unique to the saiga-12 market, in particular. If that is the case, I will retract my entire statement, here........PM sent in regards to this very issue, as well.

Don't mean to insult you Bvamp. But you really didn't clarify anything. Just double talked us to death. Only thing that made sence was Gilbert's selling of their stock 12's. That's it. FMJ.

Edited by saiga12fan
Don't mean to insult you Bvamp. But you really didn't clarify anything. Just double talked us to death. Only thing that made sence was Gilbert's selling of their stock 12's. That's it. FMJ.

I dont mean to be rude, but exactly what do you want from me? Number of containers, arrival dates, number of each model in each container, my cost, information about the factory, or projected delivery schedule for the remainder of this year, new product information?

I am unsure of what I was unclear about. If you go look in my business section, and other places, I have said the SAME thing. The next batch was supposed to be here mid june. they got stuck in german customs. they were released from german customs, and will be in distributers hands HOPEFULLY the first week of july.

Me personally? I think you do mean to insult me. But thats fine and dandy, if thats what rocks your world.

I dont mean to be rude, but exactly what do you want from me? Number of containers, arrival dates, number of each model in each container, my cost, information about the factory, or projected delivery schedule for the remainder of this year, new product information?

I am unsure of what I was unclear about. If you go look in my business section, and other places, I have said the SAME thing. The next batch was supposed to be here mid june. they got stuck in german customs. they were released from german customs, and will be in distributers hands HOPEFULLY the first week of july.

Me personally? I think you do mean to insult me. But thats fine and dandy, if thats what rocks your world.

You're saying alot about not being able to disclose Top Secret information. And wish I could this and that. What's that? God Damn if I had a Saiga-12 everytime you said that. And If you want to test me I'll CC them for you. Just say what you want to say. Don't give us the run-around. If you can't release info than don't bring the shit up. Take it how you want to. Comprende, Bvamp. FMJ.

I stand behind the arrival date that I have been saying all along. Hows that? I am sure you will comment on that AGAIN, as well. I dont have time to bicker with you about nothing, I know that much....

Bitches bicker and that's not I. About the delivery date, we'll see. If it comes when you said it will in your previous posts than I stand corrected, until then I'm out. FMJ.

Edited by saiga12fan

Gilberts has always had S 12's in stock,they just sell them one at a time on Gunbroker for $800.Ive called them more than once about getting a 12 and it would always be (we only have one,and its on G.B...you can bid on that one) Then theres always another gun listed right after that one sells.

You're saying alot about not being able to disclose Top Secret information. And wish I could this and that.

it's the same cloak and dagger BS he's been spewing for years. it's basically a guy who has never been (or felt) important in his life. now he gets a chance to pretent to know something and is milking it with every post.

during the last round of his dribble, i "released" the same info he had. I spoke with the guys at RAA at the SHOT show and they gave the low down on the increased production plans, new tooling, etc.

BVamp is such an important guy with the firearms industry, i'm sure he'll be at the SHOT show next year and can give us a full report. :rolleyes:

Many, like you have seen his true colors.

Caspian