Buggy Huntung

Hello,

First time poster here.

Was wonderign the effective range of a Saiga 12 with full choke and 22" or 19" barrel. My friends and I commonly hunt on a buggy and the game is usually 30-60 yards out.

I really like the look and reviews I have read about the Saiga 12, and was wondering if it would be effective in the above the scenario.

Thanks in advance for you assistance.

Mad,

My 19" holds a great pattern for bunnies with a full choke even past 60 yards.I use 3" shells with 4 shot and can blast through brush to reach those little bastards with no problem.I have also found the gun to be very accurate with slugs for deer, after switching chokes to cylinder and sighting in my scope I can keep hittng a pie plate at 100 yards everytime with 3" breneke slugs.Hope this helps.

Hoofster

• 3 weeks later...

you really should avoid firing slugs through any kind of choke. you can damage the gun like that. 22" full choke would be perfect for what you need for patterns at that distance while moving. can i come out with ya one time? LOL sounds like a blast.