need help on bullet guide install

hey guys i dont have a drill press so i was hoping anyone in the socal area could help me out. What other methods did you guys use to install it if you did not have a drill press available? anyone know of a gunsmith that will do it for not so much change or anyone in my area willing to lend a hand?

+1 for the hand drill method, in case you don't have a drill press. That's what I did. Just make sure you go straight and slow. Back the tap out often, to get the metal chips out of the bit. If starts to bind up, back it out. If you keep going, your tap will break off in the hole :ded: .

Sloooooooooow and straight.

anyone have a vid of someone drilling it by hand? i want to see how they hold it or if they hold it with something(vice) to keep it level and perfectly still. i want to avoid doing it myself and possibly breaking something, but if i have too i will

anyone have a vid of someone drilling it by hand? i want to see how they hold it or if they hold it with something(vice) to keep it level and perfectly still. i want to avoid doing it myself and possibly breaking something, but if i have too i will

1) insert your bullet guide

2) mark the spot on the trunnion where the hole in the bullet guide is

3) center punch the mark

4) drill the hole

5) tap the hole

6) attach bullet guide with screw

7) PROFIT

• 3 weeks later...