Serious Factory Defect YIKES!!!!!!!!&

I pressed the gas block off this new S-12 and found this.

The top cross pin hole was drilled too low and cut a trough right through the top of the barrel.

Looking down the bore you could see the pin protruding through it. I wonder if that will screw up your pattern?

Tony

PinHole.jpg

I pressed the gas block off this new S-12 and found this.

The top cross pin hole was drilled too low and cut a trough right through the top of the barrel.

Looking down the bore you could see the pin protruding through it. I wonder if that will screw up your pattern?

Tony

PinHole.jpg

Found the same problem on one of the last shipments

SBS takes care of the barrel but the gas block requires repairing before relocating :dollar:

:huh::eek:

Holy shit!

I wouldn't want to be the one to try and shoot a slug through that!

Man their fucking QC went out the window with after EAA stopped importing....

I was reading this thread and was going to ask what would happen if you shot a slug out of it. Would it rupture the barrel?

:huh::eek:

Holy shit!

I wouldn't want to be the one to try and shoot a slug through that!

Man their fucking QC went out the window with after EAA stopped importing....

I was reading this thread and was going to ask what would happen if you shot a slug out of it. Would it rupture the barrel?

Only one way to know for sure and I ain't gonna hang onto it to find out... :ded:

If anything it would make for a nice lawsuit,who knows you could end up owning the company if you got hurt or or get a bunch of cash . Thats one factory defect there, and negligence.

I'm not sure suing them would do any good since I doubt Russian courts would give a damn if someone got hurt.

I just looked at my barrel and I do not have a bolt through it.

I do see what looks like 3 holes near where the adustment for the gas tube is. The middle of the 3 is the largest, while the other two appear to be the same size. It looks like there is a little ridge from the machining of these holes. The ridge may just be a shadow effect. These holes are for the gas to cycle the gun right?

Maan that looks bad. What the hell, IZHMASH said they test every weapon before shipping.

Guess they throw away the test target and spent casing or shell.

Nope, if its in the original factory box they attach the test target in there. Well at least for the euro market, dunno about USA. Or maybe they only attach it to military orders, i'm not really sure. I know they attach them for something.

Edited by Agias
Maan that looks bad. What the hell, IZHMASH said they test every weapon before shipping.

Nope, if its in the original factory box they attach the test target in there. Well at least for the euro market, dunno about USA. Or maybe they only attach it to military orders, i'm not really sure. I know they attach them for something.

Haven't seen a target or shell case in either of the ones I have received in the box.

Haven't seen a target or shell case in either of the ones I have received in the box.

Mine did not have one either. The only paper was wrapping paper which the user manual Borat wrote said was "toxic".

Was it an IZHMASH marked box though? I suspect that the US importers repackage it, like KBI did with the SVD's they imported.

Can't say if it is or isn't. I have two in-house here, one from about 18 months ago and one from the last few months and both boxes are identical. I don't have the guns here though to confirm who the importer was but I think they were imported by different companies. I checked my box and there was no target or shell.

They might on a few weapons in a batch or something, but they couldn't do every one. On my last Saiga, the factory mag didn't even fit! In fact, the mag catch was too long for ANY mag to fit, so there's no way in hell they test fired it.

I do see what looks like 3 holes near where the adustment for the gas tube is. The middle of the 3 is the largest, while the other two appear to be the same size. It looks like there is a little ridge from the machining of these holes. The ridge may just be a shadow effect. These holes are for the gas to cycle the gun right?

Correct, those are your gas ports. Some guns come with 4. If yours only has three, and one is larger, then maybe they have gone to that style in an attempt to eliminate the problem of canted gas blocks covering or partially covering the ports. :unsure:

Correct, those are your gas ports. Some guns come with 4. If yours only has three, and one is larger, then maybe they have gone to that style in an attempt to eliminate the problem of canted gas blocks covering or partially covering the ports. :unsure:

Thanks bro. It might have 4 but I am looking down the barrel, so I may only see 3