Hey you s-12 owners this guy has a message for you

I watched BOTH of his videos...

I see no problem with him or his views... he is welcome to them... and the constitution guarantees he can tell us his OPINION! He was very calm, presented his opinion with clarity and no disrespect to anyone... he even admitted to ENJOYING GOING TARGET SHOOTING!!! He never said he was AFRAID of them... just that he HATES guns...

OK... so...

We LOVE guns...

SO WHAT?

As he states... he is not trying to "DO" anything, other than point out a situation that, by the sounds of it, in the FIRST video... he was in, and responsible for... ( true... it may be a farce as well, but lets give him the benefit of the doubt... )

He asks ( and I DO NOT QUOTE VERBATIM) "have you ever pulled a gun on someone and blown their face off and watched them die, then watched the reaction of their family to that action?" maybe he was an ex police officer? ex military? ex security? victim of a crime? Whatever...

Ya know... I think if I had to do that... I might think twice about carrying too... I have NEVER had to kill another human being, much less blow their face off and watch them die right in front of me, and then deal with the families' reaction... I think that certainly would lead to some form of emotional scarring...

Could I pull the trigger on someone if I or my family or friends were in danger??? ABSOLUTELY!!! would I be bothered by it after the fact?? I dont know... but I am willing to bet, YES... I would...

I might even be bothered by it enough that I too could announce " I hate guns" .... but I hope and pray to God that I NEVER have to find out...

:smoke:

Yeah! I think he had a bad experience. He must have had to blow someone's face off and watched his family's reaction. And he also talks about counseling. I don't think i would hate guns if I had to do that. I would be prepared to do it all over again. specially if they threatened my family or neighbors. And that's that. Lots of balls this guy has.

I don't see why everyone's so upset, not like he wants to ban guns or anything. He just shared his negative opinion, that's all. Now how about y'all represent the gun community as reasonable and polite people, instead of trying to bite the guy's head off in the comments?

If someone has to kill to save a life, then that someone should not feel remorse or sorrow, but joy that a life was saved. There are people on this earth that need to be dead. That's just the way it is. Threaten a life, and yours becomes forfeit. No need to hate an inanimate object. It makes as much sense to hate the stove for burning your dinner.

I don't uderstand why this is for S12 owners. This guy likes to target shoot but hates guns....I love guns and love to atrget shoot, I hate the gas prices but drive my car. so.

I canceal carry every where to protect me and mine. But since we are on the subject.......

CAUTION.... Long winded opinion follows........

If I think someone is going to injure me or mine, they will be injured. Will I cry for his soul. No. He could have been a druggie desperate for a fix or a family man desperate to feed his family, I don't know, don't really care. if he was trying to hurt somenone I love, I am not going to stand by and let them be injured... Spent six years in the service, thought long and hard when I joined, I was a professional soldier, I may have been ordered to kill, tough decision, I joined so my decision was OK, I can do that,.... but once you make that kind of decision, you need to be prepared for the nightmares that may come with it. I kind of have a flexible morality about it. I carry a weapon to use it if need be, not to be cool and impress any body. If a hurricane Katrina situation comes knockin on my door, and the government responds like they did for New Orleans, at least me and my family will be able to protect our selves and our supplies.

I know.... BLAH BLAH BLAH just my 2 cents

It would be interesting if he would give a clue as to what happened to him. War vet? Police officer? Ex con? He said kill someone right in front of their family, I cant think of too many other scenarios that jump up.

From the way the guy talks, it sounds like he had to kill someone in self defense and now it's haunting him.

If that's the case, I can understand that he's upset... but he can't blame himself OR the gun. If the bad guy didn't bring it on himself in the first place, then "Chuck" wouldn't have had to blast him.

Well i'll tell you i've had some bad actors break into my house late at night, heard them in the house my son of 5 was across the house in his room. my big caliber weapons where in the safe but had my 22marlin by the bed as i was out shooting earlyer in the day. well i woke up shaking like crazy (scared as shit) loading the feed tube with shaking hands,and no sooner then i chambered a round they kicked in my bedroom door.two men with a shotgun,I raised my weapon and shot one little bastard in the mouth he went to screaming and they both took off like little girls. Screaming he has a gun. I live in a rural area and it took the police almost an hour to show up! Thank god I took responsibility for me and my familys security and had the right to do so! If they hate guns so be it, but for me I will take care of me and mine! I'm not macho for owning firearms as he says for owning guns. They are just a fact of life. Just as people without a care for the law are a fact of life. Yea i wish this was a better place to live no murderers or thieves etc... but that is just not the case. I feel no remorse for him or his family, they had a choice and they forced mine. Bob.

Another would be media whore trying to say something provocative to attract attention, big deal.

I am just grateful that he did not decide to make the video about how much he loves guns.

Another would be media whore trying to say something provocative to attract attention, big deal.

I am just grateful that he did not decide to make the video about how much he loves guns.

No doubt. I can here it now "Have you ever blown someone's face off and watched the reaction of their family? It kicks ass!!! I love guns!!!"

If someone has to kill to save a life, then that someone should not feel remorse or sorrow, but joy that a life was saved. There are people on this earth that need to be dead. That's just the way it is. Threaten a life, and yours becomes forfeit. No need to hate an inanimate object. It makes as much sense to hate the stove for burning your dinner.

Well said!

Just my guess - judging from his age and some of what he said - could be he is a Vietnam vet who killed people there and has not yet found closure on it. I have known a few who had similar views.

It doesn't bother me that he hates guns. I hate soccer. As long as both of us realize that our own personal feelings about something are not and never should be the basis for legislative changes to ban those things there is no problem.

I sent him a respectful response via pm, he is not interested. He said that he wants to keep it public, don't bother unless you want to post a video.

Same here. He only bothers with a proper reply if you make him a video response. Picky old fart.

I think this man's opinion is stellar. its a right, not a requirement, and the situation he mentions is an unpleasant one i dont think everyone could, or should have to deal with, but in fact one most gun owners should realize that they may be putting themselves into, and should also realize its one many people in the general populus dont want to be reminded of. People like him (when respectful) are the reason i only carry concealed when going to someone elses house, not because im ashamed that i "like guns", but because i respect that not everyone does.

his point is the stellar argument used against gun control nuts by law abiding and rational gun owners for decades, i can't believe anyone would hold it against him when he comes up with it on his own. "If you dont like guns, dont take mine away, just dont buy your own." Problem solved.

I only watched the first video - but that was enough. This guy has some issues that he has never been taught to deal with (not that most people are). But he seems to be coming from the sheep mindset of most people that being forced to kill to protect yourself or your family will destroy you mentally and emotionally. That is no something I believe - I hope I never have to find out but I am mentally prepared.

He should probably check out some of Dave Grossman's writings. Or at the very least - this one here:

On Killing

I actually wrote to him, on the "post a reply" section... ( I was under my daughters name, and didnt know it.. LOL ) but he replied to mine, and its all good... As I said above... he is just a guy who I think had a really shitty experience with guns, and now doesnt like them. So be it... lets all move on, fella's...

NOTHING to see here... MOVE ALONG... NOTHING TO SEE, move along...

:smoke:

I dont care who this guy is or what he's done. I dont go on youtube and make a video about how much I love guns.

Im sick of hearing people bitch about guns, If you dont want one, dont buy one. Let the criminals come rape your wife, beat your kids, and kill your dog before the police even have a chance to show up.

The police only respond to things that have already happened and only when called.

If you dont see the need to be armed and able to defend yourself in this world, I would like to know what your smoking.

Edited by mike123456

Chuck is a guy with a web cam with an opinion. Big deal. I watched his part one and part two and for a guy that hates guns and obviously has some very personal trauma associated with handgun usage he is still reasonable. He isn't asking for bans and he acknowledges individual rights. I would not classify him as sheeple who has not even thought about it or just adopt the attitude of their equally uninformed peers or gurus. He implies he killed someone with a handgun in defense of his family. If that had happened to me his I HATE GUNS conclusion would not have been mine. I like me and LOVE my family thank you very much. Does this mean in hindsight he would prefer he or his family die instead of defending life? What about the next time? His will is shattered.

I couldn't agree more, well said.

The act of using extreme force affects all of us differently, this guy is clearly troubled by some event in his life involving a gun, if he had used a car to run the person down, then it would have been "I hate cars" . Its obvious this guy is tormented over this event!