Sick of the B.S.

Hey you guys like my Luger?

Great Luger.

What is it.

I have a 98% BYF Black Widow.

+1 on the fitting the hand.

Did you know the term "Black Widow" was coined in the 60's possibly by Ralph Shattuck?

They look nice with the black plastic grips.

Is your's a 41 or 42 date?

Mine is a 42 and was one of the last made.

Hey you guys like my Luger?

Great Luger.

What is it.

I have a 98% BYF Black Widow.

+1 on the fitting the hand.

Did you know the term "Black Widow" was coined in the 60's possibly by Ralph Shattuck?

They look nice with the black plastic grips.

Is your's a 41 or 42 date?

Mine is a 42 and was one of the last made.

I think you are right. The P-08 was finally replaced by the P-38 around 1943. The P-08 was expensive to make, a little finicky and not very tolerant of dirt. They are a great looking pistol. I had a 1914 DWM.

Here is mine

really nice I want one but can't afforded yet.

I've a K98 with German WWII scope mounted.

Nice rifle. I have a Russian Capture K98, couldnt afford one that wasnt.

I bought my luger years ago, gave 350 for it back then. To much but I wanted it. Even as a mismatched shooter its worth that these days, so at least I lived long enough to see it gain enough value to earn my money back. Its a byf 42.

Oh yeah, nice bullshit post! :haha:

Mine also a Russian Capture S/147 . $350 for Luger was a good deal.

indexep8.jpg

Mine is a CE 43 Great rifling but frosty, Shoots better than my eyes can see. Its right on at 100 yds. No Capture X and non peened.

Looks like the Germans have invaded this thread. When will they learn! :rolleyes:

k98-1.jpg

DSCI0001-3.jpg

DSCI0002-1.jpg

Nice to see other who are like minded.

Banshee Is that Arisaka ? I have a type 38.

I also just bought a Siamese Mauser in excellent condition.

Looks like the Germans have invaded this thread. When will they learn!

Waltham at least we stop the BS on the thread.

Nice to see other who are like minded.

Banshee Is that Arisaka ? I have a type 38.

I also just bought a Siamese Mauser in excellent condition.

Looks like the Germans have invaded this thread. When will they learn!

Waltham at least we stop the BS on the thread.

yea, it is a Type 38 Carbine. I am kinda fond of the Arisaka rifle. I have 3 Type 38s and 2 Type 99s and 1 Type 38 trainner. I also have a Nambu Type 14 pistol

nambu.jpg

Really sweet weapons Banshee. Wanna swap Mausers? ;) I have always wanted to check out the Japanese weapons, but so many weapons, so little money :(

I am thinking about a British SMLE as my next rifle. Then I will have to stock up on .303 rounds. A rifle is useless to me if I dont have 1000 rds for it.

25uqi4p.jpg

Sweet!!!!! I always wanted one, but screwed around back when they were affordable and didnt get one and now they are kind of on the pricey side.

How does she shoot?

I always wanted to get the wooden stock for my P08, but its always a money deal LOL

This is my latest. I got my form 1 back a week ago:

IMG_3206.jpg

Nice looking weapon, please excuse my ignorace, what does the form 1 do? I am assuming that is a semi auto correct?

It is a short barreled rifle. The barrel is around 8". You can't have a pistol with a rifle stock or a rifle with a barrel less than 16" unless you register it as a SBR via an atf form 1 and purchase a $200 tax stamp. The pic below shows what the rifle looked like when I got it. It originally accepted 10rd single stack mags and now it takes 25rd double stack mags as the lower is now an HK UMP lower instead of the original USC lower.. (the pic below is not my gun)

pix149311609.jpg

Edited by SaigaFodder

IMG_3206.jpg

Nice looking weapon, please excuse my ignorace, what does the form 1 do? I am assuming that is a semi auto correct?

It is a short barreled rifle. The barrel is around 8". You can't have a pistol with a rifle stock or a rifle with a barrel less than 16" unless you register it as a SBR via an atf form 1 and purchase a $200 tax stamp. The pic below shows what the rifle looked like when I got it. It originally accepted 10rd single stack mags and now it takes 25rd double stack mags as the lower is now an HK UMP lower instead of the original USC lower.. (the pic below is not my gun)

pix149311609.jpg

Thanks for the info. So if I wanted to get the wooden stock for my Luger with the 6 inch barrel I would have to get the form 1 and pay the tax stamp? Or is that different because the pistol is designed for the stock and it is an accessory?

IMG_3206.jpg

pix149311609.jpg

Thanks for the info. So if I wanted to get the wooden stock for my Luger with the 6 inch barrel I would have to get the form 1 and pay the tax stamp? Or is that different because the pistol is designed for the stock and it is an accessory?

I have no idea really. It may be treated differently because it is a C&R. You could not take like a ar15 pistol and slap a stock on it legally, but older stuff like your luger may be a different story.

Quick question about that UMP project of yours. It's fantastic, I love it. ..... Two grand?

It was over 2 grand. I think about $2400 for the gun, parts, and for ED at HDPS to do some mods to the lower I purchased from him.

Then $200 for the tax stamp

Then each of those 25rd mags were $60.

DON'T REMIND ME :eek:

I've kinda found it's just best to get exactly what I want rather than buying cheaper stuff that I kind of want. Otherwise I end up selling stuff and losing money. I don't get stuff as often as I would otherwise but that's ok.

Edited by SaigaFodder
25uqi4p.jpg

Sweet!!!!! I always wanted one, but screwed around back when they were affordable and didnt get one and now they are kind of on the pricey side.

How does she shoot?

I always wanted to get the wooden stock for my P08, but its always a money deal LOL

Shoots great. I replaced all the springs when I first got it and it's going strong.