308 pistol grip conversion FCG

I am just getting started on a 308 PG conversion and am trying to figure out the FCG. Will a normal tapco G2 work for this project. I have heard that if you use the bolt hold open you have to take a little off the hammer. But other than that do I have anything else to worry about in the FCG for the 308? Thanks for the help. This is my first post here.

First off, Welcome!

Yeah, I believe you have to grind down the hump at the base of the hammer so it'll clear one of the crossbars.

Hope your conversion goes smoothly, and if not, we're here to help! Well, most of us are... <_<;)

Acer

I am just getting started on a 308 PG conversion and am trying to figure out the FCG. Will a normal tapco G2 work for this project. I have heard that if you use the bolt hold open you have to take a little off the hammer. But other than that do I have anything else to worry about in the FCG for the 308? Thanks for the help. This is my first post here.

I really encourage you to look at the 308 FCG's that guys like Dinzag have. From what I've read the 308 is different than the others.

here is a thread.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showto...e+control+group

+1 on what zone1935 said. Go to dinzagarms.com and check out his PG conversion .308 FCG. Dinzag notes all of the modifications he does. Take particular note of the modification he does to ensure that the safety functions properly (a common problem with .308 conversions). My advice is to get Dinzag's .308 FCG, as it addresses ALL of the FCG issues associated with a .308 conversion. I got one from him. It was a "drop-in" assembly, and it works great. Welcome to the forum!