• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He has been diagnosed with cirrhosis of the liver now, on top of the cancer he was already under radiation treatments for.

His condition right now is Critical but stable. She took him in Thursday and he was Critical and unstable, so he has improved somewhat...

He has not been able to speak or even open his eyes since thursday and Maude told me he is fighting it. She said she will let us know how he's doing as she finds out more. She will be talking to the doctors tonite or tomorrow about the new liver disease problem. Hopefully now that they know about that too, they can do more to help him.

He's really frail now and has lost a lot of weight. I sure hope he stays strong and pulls through this. He's a fighter and I know he will give it his best.

Juggs I told her what you told me to say and she thanked you, as well as their daughter whom I talked to first.

Keep em comin' bros. (and sisters)

Prayers out and up. If unresponsive due to cirrhosis it's quite grave.

They didn't realize he had cirrhosis. They've just been treating him for cancer. He's one of the most special people I've ever met in my life and I've never prayed so hard for any one person.

I'm gonna post a few pics here from a couple of summers ago when Dave came over with his Italian Carcanos and Astra pistol and we went shooting out back. He belongs to some other gun forums too and wanted me to shoot some pics of him in action with his carbine and his helmet that he restored himself.

post-1293-1214885178_thumb.jpg

post-1293-1214885188_thumb.jpg

post-1293-1214885197_thumb.jpg

He's really a fireball that Aethelbert! :smoke:

It's with a very heavy heart that I have to post this news. I just spoke to David's daughter and he is being moved to hospice care today. His liver disease is very progressed. His blood is bad and his kidneys are shutting down. Yesterday he opened his eyes some and recognized some visitors. He ate some fruit with his juice and even said thank you. Today it looks grim. His family is there with him and Sandi and I are going over tomorrow to visit our friend for what will most likely be the last time.

I will hate to see him in such a state, since only a week or so ago he was sitting in my den with his mother, wife, and sister, and asking me to get ready to weld up some high cap mags for his 410 so he could be ready when the zombies come.

But I know it will mean the world to him to open his eyes and look at us again.

This is a very sad time. :(

At least he will soon be in a better place and be pain free.

To my knowledge we are about to lose our first Saiga brother since I've been a member of this forum. :cryss:

Macbeau I'll tell him that ALL of you said hello.

I'm scanning through his posts now trying to find all the pictures he has posted of himself here. There are only a few.

I had forgotten that Dave was a member here since 2003, before I even joined.

This is the last one he posted. That's him standing proudly by his edged weapon collection, and sporting his new cap that his sister brought him from Ohio I believe.

post-1293-1215112705_thumb.jpg