Sneaking in the goods! How to bring new guns in

Either make it a gun she wants (or would like), or get something that she wants at the same time.

Of course, my wife has won the Texas Lady's Three-Gun Championship title a couple of years running, so your milage may vary :haha:

Alex

My first Saiga was placed on layaway just before our wedding....i informed her of this on the honeymoon - just after purchasing her a nice diamond necklace.....seemed to have been well timed....she was not happy, but with the glitter of gems nearby....i got away with it.

Other than that....i don't know what to tell you....sneak them in when you know she is going to be out of the house??

I have a huge advantage. My wife works weekends. So, I could easily bring in a gun and put it in the safe on Saturday or Sunday (of course, I would never do this, I just suspect I could if I wanted to).

Usually I trade. Something for me, something for her. That usually works, but it doubles the cost of your purchase.

Next, you can always try the "its an investment" approach. Buying guns seems to be a better place, at least right now, for money than buying shares in a mutual fund.

Or, sneak it in while she is in the shower. I could do this if the kids are not home. If they are home they will immediately rat me out. Also, they cannot be trusted to keep a secrete unless heavily bribed. Even then, it is risky.

Lastly, tell here there is a huge sale at Victoria's Secret. Give her a $100.00 or more, send her out the door, and then spring into action.

WJ

Simple. You tell her you are going to the range to do some shooting and walk out of the house carrying several gun cases. However, one of them is empty. Then you go pick up your new gun, put it in the empty case and you're home free. You just walk in the door with the same shit you left with.

Tony

Simple. You tell her you are going to the range to do some shooting and walk out of the house carrying several gun cases. However, one of them is empty. Then you go pick up your new gun, put it in the empty case and you're home free. You just walk in the door with the same shit you left with.

Tony

Alternatively, leave with one gun (or no gun - riskier) in a double gun case, and come back with more than you left with . . .

I was going to say the exact thing as Tony and nalioth said. Somethings a empty gun case can be your bestest friend in the whole world :)

Hell Juggernaut, every time I bring in a new toy it goes horribly wrong. Wife gets mad at me and I pay the price. But I want the gun, am not getting any younger, so dammit im gonna get it!

I got my new saiga 12 last week and I left it in the truck until I could sneak it in. The problem is that I couldn't wipe the shit eatin' grin off my face...>LOL. She knew something was up, so I told her I bought a new gun....she asked,"how much was it?" I replied that it was only 175.00 thinking it wouldn't be that much of a big deal. She stormed in the bedroom and started throwing all my clothes around like a mad woman telling me to leave.....LOL, I wonder what would have happened if I told her how much I actually spent. She got over it, but it was a very harsh four days. If I could have kept a straight face and waited until she fell asleep all would have been well, because she has no clue on how many guns I have, or what they all look like.....but hey, it was a Saiga 12, you try keeping a straight face.

I find that if I buy all black guns, she can't really tell them apart anyway.

Buying her something nice is also a pretty good bargaining chip.

Also, taking her shooting every once in awhile makes it something she can enjoy as well. Just make sure you don't sleep with her sister, otherwise that whole "teaching her how to shoot thing" might be a bad idea. :ph34r:

I also find that the easiest way to sneak two guns into the house is to duct tape each of them to a stilt, and then walk into the house on stilts with very baggy long pants covering them. Might have to duck through doorways though.

I find that if I buy all black guns, she can't really tell them apart anyway.

Buying her something nice is also a pretty good bargaining chip.

Also, taking her shooting every once in awhile makes it something she can enjoy as well. Just make sure you don't sleep with her sister, otherwise that whole "teaching her how to shoot thing" might be a bad idea. :ph34r:

I also find that the easiest way to sneak two guns into the house is to duct tape each of them to a stilt, and then walk into the house on stilts with very baggy long pants covering them. Might have to duck through doorways though.

Oh, hey, yeah. That.

For twenty-seven years I have purchased my own gifts because my bride is an abysmal failure at picking out things I like. Twenty seven years ago she got me a fireplace poker, brush, scoop set that she thought was wonderful. She became aware that she simply didn't have the talent to pick out things I like (conversely I can always delight her with my ideas). So I have several opportunities through the year (i.e. - Christmas, Birthday, Fathers Day, and Anniversary) to select something she would like to give me. :) For our 27th anniversary this year she got me a Bob Marvel Custom 1911. She and I were both impressed with her generousity and excellent taste. :) The way the game works is I order it and when it comes in I give it to her unopened, she wraps it and hides it, then we are both surpised as hell. She rarely asks what it costs and when she does she is amazed at her generosity. Like Bob said, she also gets rather exhorbitant gifts. Works for us. Subterfuge would never work here and it simply wouldn't be worth the loss of trust. You do what you neeed to though bro.

I have never had to worry about "sneaking in a new gun"... However, I have had a few run ins with spending too much... you wanted stories... so heres a couple....

I needed cash for the mortgage a while back... so I took a RRA AR15 receiver with bushy internals, and an ACE ARFX stock to the gun show to pawn for cash... I wound up taking a hit on it, but the mortgage got paid, and I got a rash of shit because she "didnt like me to have to sell my guns... they are mine and I worked hard to buy them, etc..etc..etc..." so... with that logic in mind... a month and a half later, when there was a cash surplus... I had a few toddies, and got on gunbroker... and a couple mouse clicks later, just spent about $1100.00 on a brand NEW AR15... well, needless to say a week later the spanish inquisition was there wondering about the bank account debit... and that I have enough guns, and why did I buy another one, blah blah blah... yadda yadda yadda... at that point I just politely refreshed her memory about what she said when I SOLD the receiver... to be responsible to pay bills... and she really had nothing to say at that point... :up:

Another time, a friend of mine wanted to go to gander mountain... asked me to tag along... I had NO INTENTIONS to buy anything!!! I had NO NEED for anything... and I told her that as I walked out the door... she said "dont spend too much" I replied " I have no intention of spending ANYTHING! There is nothing I want or need right now... dont worry!"

They say that "truer words were never spoken" well... certainly NOT in this case!!! I totally jinxed myself!!!

So we get to gander mountain... looking around the gun section, and this very unique forearm piques my interest... it looks vaguely familiar... but I cant place it... my mind thinks to itself... "this CANT BE what I think it is..."... so I pick it up off the rack... and SURE ENOUGH... IT *IS* what I thought it was... a Ruger TNZ 10/22, new, unfired, but a "used" trade in... I would not even PUT IT DOWN... I had my friend bring the clerk over, as I wouldnt let go of it, till I KNEW it would be mine...

some paperwork, and $400.00 later... it was... VERY shortly thereafter I got a phone call while I was in the store... I was asked if I spent any money... I replied "a little bit"... when the issue was pressed... the proper response was "a few hundred... but I bought it for you!!! and you will love it!!! "

It was already a done deal, the cat was out of the bag and that was that... so it wasnt really an issue there either... but an amusing story... :lol:

:smoke:

For the most part I have to sell something to get something, which sucks. However, my wife doesn't know the combination to the safe, so I can get away with a little bit. Also, I don't make a habit of having all the guns out at once. Since one black rifle looks much like another to her, she usually doesn't realize if one is new. I dislike being even a little sneaky, but I dislike being severely browbeaten over nothing even more.

I have a "double-money" policy. Every dollar I spend on a gun has to be doubled and put into the savings account.

I buy a $500 saiga, I gotta give her a $1000 check for the savings.

My guns cost 3x what yours do, count yourselves lucky.

I have a "double-money" policy. Every dollar I spend on a gun has to be doubled and put into the savings account.

My guns cost 3x what yours do, count yourselves lucky.

Ya know what? that aint to crazy sounding.... "let your addiction secure your future"..

I have a bad habit of spending double the cost of the gun on ammo.....

Just break them in right from the get go. On my way home the other day I passed the wife up on the road going in opposite dirrections as I was leaving the post office. The only thing I go there for is Postal Money Orders (you know what that means) and she knows it too. Well, 30 seconds later the cell phone rings and not a word about it....we talked about dinner plans. PRICELESS :beer:

"Hey honey!!! Check out the GREAT DEAL I just got from this guy at work!!!

$50.00 for a new unfired Saiga!! He needed the cash BAD, something about a girlfriend, and the clinic, and his wife cant know... I dunno... something or other... Anyways... Heres your $150.00 check... I am going shooting... Love you, see ya!! "

Sounds SIMPLE to me!!!

Especially cause your "friend" at work is a real HORN DOG, and can NEVER keep it in his pants... and always hooks up with some skank ho.. and picks up some clap or something...

You dont happen to work with Gaddis, do ya?!?!?

:smoke:

Man, I can't get away with anything. Ever. Don't have enough guns to hide new ones in the old ones (One rifle, one shotgun, one pistol) and the apartment is way too small for new firearms to just "find" their way into some dark corner. Also, my wife is like a hawk when it comes to watching the bank account. Eh, maybe someday when I'm not a poor student anymore I'll be able to pull off a few shenanigans.

Well just this morning my wife asked me what the price of ammo was and if I planned to purchase more, I told her I did intend to purchase more ammo, she replied, no problem. She's also been asking when will I be able to get her a .22LR..

She knows what is going on with my licensing problem so she figures "If you can't buy guns then at least buy us some ammo"... :wub:

Edited by MD_Willington

I am blessed with a wife who once traded an old motorcycle for 2 Mausers. She understands and agrees with the need for firearms, and that they are an investment in the future as much the money that goes into the 401K.

Unless I am trying to buy something that we REALLY can't afford, and then she just tells me we need to hold off on that one.

Poverty sucks!

See...ya need to tell them upfront. The ex knew about my obsession, even encouraged it (chi-com drum for 1 yr, making me go to the gun show with her, etc).

Henceforth why I stole Ageis quote :)

I was thinking about the "A friend of a friend hit hard times" and had to sell his fav,... I told him I would sell it back for the same price if he ever wanted it back,...HAH!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

and the other line that works fr me better than naught,.. is the truth! it Works too!

like "It's my birthday for goodness sake"!!

or "Thanks for the awesome 4th of July day present honey!"

or "I sold some things I really liked,.. to get ONE more new one,..."

Here I go again, I just bought a case of 7.62 ammo tonight for 190.00 for my Norinco and a few boxes of ammo for my Saiga 12, they are sitting in my truck waiting for the wife to go to bed.......no shit eatin grin tonight, just waiting.....LOL. I learned my lesson quite well. Can't wait to get my father's 1917 30-06 Eddystone tomorrow, she can't say anything about that, it is free and it comes with a gun cabinet for all my other babies....LOL. By the way, the ATF was at my local gunstore poking around to see what is going faster, guns, or ammo. They are trying to get an idea if we customers are stocking up or not....just an FYI. I don't think we are the only ones worried about the gov't taking our rights, I believe the gov't is worried as well.....that we are pissed and worried about the future of our great nation. Oh well, we'll see what happens. Have a great night guys!!