Sneaking in the goods! How to bring new guns in

what I have seen work, for a delay with the woman of the house, is have your buddy bring it in and leave it after a day of shooting. leave it outside first, and just say you had fun today and "I love you" as many times as you can muster in 2 minutes, then go do the damn deed, and she will forget ALLLLLL ABOUT IT.....

when its been in the house for 6 months, well, oh well, right?

that is dishonest, and underhanded, but it will get your gun in. (I do have a conscience)

Just break them in right from the get go. On my way home the other day I passed the wife up on the road going in opposite dirrections as I was leaving the post office. The only thing I go there for is Postal Money Orders (you know what that means) and she knows it too. Well, 30 seconds later the cell phone rings and not a word about it....we talked about dinner plans. PRICELESS :beer:

and oh yeh, to add on to the above, if you get BUSTED?? she gets to buy something too!

sorry to hear that! how unslick of you!

I have found that preperation is the key. I will start hinting vaguely months in advance. That way she only gets a little mad each time and the eventual purchase goes fairly smooth since she has already got most of "it" out of her system a little at a time.

I go with the investment angle. My wife *somewhat* indulges my hobbies - Honda CRXs and guns - so when I point out to her that my insurance company now values my '90 CRX Si at $10,000 replacement value, and I paid $1200 for it four years ago, she tends to agree that I was right when I told her the market was bottomed out on those cars.

Likewise, the Saiga 7.62x39 that I picked up for $150 back around '99 now sells for $320 or more. Given the new AWB authorization bill that's making its way through the House, she's actually convinced that an AK of some sort, or a PSL Dragunov knock-off WILL be a solid investment. And she thinks I got an absolute steal buying a Mosin Nagant M44 for $79 a couple weeks ago! :)

I haven't quite got her sold on the idea of a 50-cal sniper rifle... but she readily concedes the point that once they're outlawed (and I have little doubt that they WILL be banned, which is part of why I want it) the prices will skyrocket.

Mike

Firearms are better investments than gold.

Amen to that, the next best thing is vintage stereo stuff....LOL......I am in the doghouse for that too....but that is a whole other forum. I must say though, I have a surplus in both areas (money wise) :beer: , so why complain. I invested a quarter of the value in both areas, she loves the sound of my house system, so maybe I just need her to shoot some guns and get her to appreciate them as well. eh?? eh?? LOL.

I think the wife has as much fun with it as I do.

Most of the time, anything over 300-400 dollars IS discussed...

So we are not dealing with "big money" when I do something sneaky......

So other than getting "tisked" at, and a few days of no booty,

She normally assigns me to some unsavory task I have already put off for far to long.

Did I mention, I'm gonna be sanding and polyurethaneing the tounge and grove pine in our 18x24 addition over the 4th... Cathedral ceilings as well...

that is worth far more in woman value than the 170 I spent on the damn 10/22 and Tapco furniture...

Man, I can't get away with anything. Ever. Don't have enough guns to hide new ones in the old ones (One rifle, one shotgun, one pistol) and the apartment is way too small for new firearms to just "find" their way into some dark corner. Also, my wife is like a hawk when it comes to watching the bank account. Eh, maybe someday when I'm not a poor student anymore I'll be able to pull off a few shenanigans.

I hear you. My wife takes care of the finances too. I can't get away with much unless I sell something I already have to get the money. Even then, I get in trouble if she finds out. This is true even though we make almost the same amount of money and put at least $10 into savings for every dollar I spend on firearms-related purchases. The situation has not improved much over time. She just doesn't understand the "hobby." I hope your wife eases up on you in the future.

Well now-I must have the catch of them all....My wife is always trying to find guns that she thinks I'd like. She loves the look of evil weapons, I think more than I. She is presently trying to get me to get a .50. I've told her no as I'd prefer to be more practical. One thing is for sure; she loves AKs. She knows what to look for too-last aquisition was a Molot AK. Have nine AKs now. Kind of wish she'd get into 1911s as I want a Para Super Hawg in .45 super. She already got me a second S12 and she's going to convert it her way. I created a monster when I introduced her into the gun frenzy years back. And all the home invasions and stuff on the news fuels her desire for more guns and ammo, ammo, ammo. Irecently bought a second safe because of her. Kinda like a runaway locomotive!

My wife knows they are an investment, which is a good thing since she knows guns well enough now to recognize most of them, even the black ones. Mostly, it's discussed first, and if the moneys there, then it's no big deal. The only time it's not discussed first is if I sell something to buy something, which ends up a wash anyway, and it's still no big deal.

She claimed the AK I got in trade when I sold my Glock, and tries to take a 1911.

I'm pretty much where I want with guns anyway, so there's not much I'm after anymore. She's seen the prices of ammo, so that hasn't been a big deal either. The main thing has been to pay the bills first. She's bought me guns more than once.