"Chaos" Small tactical drum for Saigas???

:unsure: I know everyone is building large cap. drums, their cool and all but pretty big, and not very tactical.

Heres the thing, do you guys think there is a market for a small high quality drum, say like a 10 round Magnum, it would measure around 4" in diameter and be 1" shorter than a 5 rounder stick mag. Thinking price range would be arould $250.00 Input please!!!

:unsure: I know everyone is building large cap. drums, their cool and all but pretty big, and not very tactical.

Heres the thing, do you guys think there is a market for a small high quality drum, say like a 10 round Magnum, it would measure around 4" in diameter and be 1" shorter than a 5 rounder stick mag. Thinking price range would be arould $250.00 Input please!!!

$250 when a mag of the same cap is $50 is going to be a hard sell.

IMHO this is in the same lot as a double stack mag, except the double stack mag might be cheaper to make.

I couldn't see spending more than $150 on a 10 round drum.

I'd like to see an 11 or 12 round magazine, in "whatever" configuration.

USPSA only allows ten rounds, but it is a lot easier to seat a 11-round magazine (with 10 rounds in it) than a 10-round magazine with...10 rounds in it.

"Outlaw" matches usually have no capacity restriction, but they are usually (carefully) laid out in groups of four to six target to make things easier for the hand-feeders and tubers ;)

While I'd buy one at $250 to have in my gear bag, I would buy ten (for my own use) "plus-one" basepads for AGP mags...

Alex

If law enforcement would widely embrace the Saiga 12, I think it would be a really good idea. The 20 round drums are a bit big and heavy (when loaded) for clearing buildings. Unfortunately, while I like the concept, I don't think it would be profitable at this time.

dudes, picture this!!

a double stack drum....

best of both worlds!

Hey hey, ya feeling me!!!!!

40 rounds of sheer 2nd amendment freedom!!!

;)

Edited by Gunstar9

I have to agree that $250 is too much considering the price of AGPs and MD20s. Might go for it for about $150, just for kicks. While I'd be all in for a big run of double stack mags, the general consensus seems to be that it would be virtually impossible to get rimmed ammunition to feed reliably. Keep in mind that the R&D on the Saiga-12 magazines took longer than the actual Saiga-12 itself! I think this is why so few people get into the S-12 mag business. I'd also like to see some steel mags, but again the rimmed shells just make it about impossible for anyone to make stamped S-12 mags.

dudes, picture this!!

a double stack drum....

best of both worlds!

Hey hey, ya feeling me!!!!!

40 rounds of sheer 2nd amendment freedom!!!

;)

Cool, we could mount it on a riding lawnmower or something to propel it! Heavy

It is one of those GREAT ideas that just won't sell. A 50rb "beta-c" type would probably sell well, even tho it is totally tactically worthless - except for securing bridges and subways from Zombie infestations.

I like the concept but I don't like the price tag. I do feel the 10 rounders are ungainly and something shorter than the 5 rounder with 10 rounds of capacity would grab my attention. I sure wouldn't be buying many at that price though if I did. There have been rumors of a staggered 8 round box coming out and depending on it's price, that could kill it completely.

this would only be "useful" from a tactical shooters' standpoint, that does not shoot competition.

Maybe Gabe should comment? He works with saigas for a living from a security standpoint.....

or is my logic off, here?

nah Cobra, think an actual LEO part......it might sell, considering how many LEO have our guns, now.....en masse part? well, wont sell, but for people to WORK with....it very well might, man.....

I was thinking more in terms of what a destructive force 12 ga drums are on the forum here.

LOL, I got that from your post. Like having a baby except it goes on longer and there are more people getting emotional with each other... :ded:

who cares about the forum, with 20 round drums, the ATF will have the final say, anyway.......

as for a tactical lightweight 3" helical drum? I dunno, the cops might want that, if they select this fine 12 gauge from the offerings to the American public. Ask around, I back the "boys" up. I do not think that this is that unfeasible.

the 20 round drum is way too big for me. I am 6' 3" the 10 round AGP stick mag swings funny, so maybe, a part that can bridge that gap? hell, it might be worth 500$ in itself......

man, it would swing just right I tell ya, and not get caught on crap. best of both worlds, but I think Cam cant do it cheap, and we would have to pay for it. Want a drum to ban the saiga12? this might be it! :)

I am VERY VERY interested in what Gabe Suarez has to say on this..........

I care about the forum.

The ATF doesn't care about 20 rd drums.

It's an AK...they didn't invent AK drums to make the gun "swing" better. They made them to hold more rounds...a LOT more.

If you want a ten rd mag, it's much easier to carry, handle, and store, a stick mag, that is already available.

I believe Gabe is also a fan of regular stick mags...the "rock and lock" kind to be specific.

And I'm sorry but I would not pay $500 for any mag unless it was solid 14KT Gold.

ETA...Cameron I'm not trying to bash your idea bro. I just have a real aversion to seeing any more drum mags, whether they look like a freakin mountain bike rim, or a Penn real....that's just my opinion based on my experiences here.

If you want to make something that will turn heads, design and build a doublestack 12 ga mag...or any doublestack Saiga shotgun mag for that matter. The people will beat your door down.

they dont? news to me. I spoke to a number of industry leaders about this, as well as directors of the ATF about it.

dont say they dont care.....cause they do.....

a ten round compact helical drum for LEO only would sell.......

those "arms" sticking out of my gun? I dont agree...I prefer 5 round mag "gravity" if you care to swing the gun in any fashion that means your life to you (I take food, or did, until my move to Florida)

It works.

July 4th weekend is a sacred holiday to me. I apologise, but I must go do my personal life until next Monday.

-Ben Vampatella aka BVamp

reference - it is my grandfathers birthday, and this is how I remember him - http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showto...st&p=146933

Please do no disturb me.

I will speak to you all about business next week....

I posted this in a random spot, that means something. I think we should back this guy (Cameron Hadley).

give that link a read. I am a very serious American, as I know this man is, as well.

as for a tactical lightweight 3" helical drum? I dunno, the cops might want that, if they select this fine 12 gauge from the offerings to the American public. Ask around, I back the "boys" up. I do not think that this is that unfeasible.

I think it's a great idea other than the price tag on it. I'm guessing the rumored staggered 8 rounder would be much cheaper and a lot easier ergonomically to carry spares of. Of course, if that turns out to be vaporware... :wub:

If you want to make something that will turn heads, design and build a doublestack 12 ga mag...or any doublestack Saiga shotgun mag for that matter. The people will beat your door down.

It would sure turn my head though I'm somewhere in between you folks. I think any compact 8 or 10 rounder would be wonderful. I would prefer a stick mag but could live with a drum. It all comes down to what is reliable and constitutes the best bang for the buck.

+2 on the double stack mags.

Would probably cost the same or slightly more to produce than a 10 round single stack mag, but would involve more engineering to get it to function properly.

Edited by mib2nd

No.

I'm not sure there would be that much of a market for a 10rd drum at $250. I know I wouldn't buy one. But, if it could be brought down to $150, then you might be in business. Might not though. I agree that the double stack mag would sell like a motherf'er.

If you've got the itch to make it, then go for it! I love to see new products brought onto the market for these guns. Good old American ingenuity is always appreciated.