VIDEO: Sabot Slugs through a Saiga and Mossberg

Good times. Why is it guys with gnarly nicknames like The Mangler are always skinny guys. My friend Mark The Destroyer Robbins is 6'2 165lb toothpick. lol The camera panned and I expected to see some 250 pound dude that chews steel nails.

Edited by Blue Meanie

Hey man, no offense but when I looked up the slugs in question those are second generation sabot slugs. Yes, their safe to fire out of an un-choked smoothbore but they will tumble in flight because they are tail heavy and need a rifled slug barrel to stablize them. The groups will be a lot better if you stick with first-generation sabots that work in either smooth or rifled barrels and don't need a rifled barrel for proper stablization and tight groups. The Winchester BRI sabots and then some of the Brenneke sabot slugs are first-generation sabots that are still on the market. And for the 410 guys the Golden & Silver Bear sabots are also first generation sabots.

Just trying to get the word out that not all sabot slugs will work correctly out of a smooth bore the second-generation sabots will only fly nose first and group tight out of a rifled slug barrel or at least need a rifled choke.

Edited by turbo1889