RSA Trigger Groups

I know the G2s have to be modded to not interfere with the BHO and the hammer usually has to be modded to not cause excess drag on the bolt carrier, but do the RSAs have to be modded as well, or do they drop right in without any modifications at all?

They have to be modded when you introduce a bolt hold open lever.

You also "sometimes" have to take the dremmel out and polish the axis pins diameter down a little bit so they go through the holes of the trigger group.

Past that, its a nice group and you can really tune it well and then set it in place without much worry at all for it changing. I would strongly suggest not adjusting it so loose that you fire (slip) when releasing the trigger (it can happen if you go THAT loose). Just take the bolt/carrier out and play with the trigger group and make sure you leave enough tolerance for the sears.

One side thing that's a little bothersome is that it doesnt drop in like a G2 (has a cross bushing). Essentially there's a holding pin in there and when you drive your axis pin through it will push out the place holder pin.

Another thing is the safety lever. You will LIKELY have to modify your safety lever catch so that it clears the disconnector...but still catch the sled. But once you do, its more or less one way trip. Dropping a G2 back in there things wont line up again with that safety lever.

Get a spare lever.

~S

All in all. Its not a bad group and I have it on a few of my AK74's or RPK 74 etc.