err I mean advice.......Buddy has a mossberg 12ga pump riot gun. Basically just a pistol grip. Gun is nothing fancy to look at but isn't run down either. Is it worth $50? He has somebody offering him that for it and said he would sale it to me for that first if i wanted it.

jeff

Edited by knutz

I would take it in a heart beat,

err I mean advice.......Buddy has a mossberg 12ga pump riot gun. Basically just a pistol grip. Gun is nothing fancy to look at but isn't run down either. Is it worth $50? He has somebody offering him that for it and said he would sale it to me for that first if i wanted it.

jeff

mossberg 12 gauges don't run down on value much, he can sell it for about 100-150 bucks easy if its in good shape. $50 bucks sounds like its been used in a crime ;)

Ummmm.... it's only a crime if you get caught isn't it??? :unsure:

Seriously though.... Just got home with it. Thanks for the replies guys. I've got 2 mossy 20 ga pumps that were gifts when I was a kid. those and the double barrel 20 ga I have are the only shotguns I have so I didn't know if it was a good deal or not.

The gun isn't perfect but it cycles pretty smooth and seems to fire rather well. It's got some noticable signs of wear where it ejects and where you load it on the bottom. But i don't think I got hurt for $50. Worst comes to worst I turn it into a project and try refinishing or duracoating it.

jeff

Hah!

FFL it to me for $85 and make a cool profit!

I am serious,..

-GG

OK since you, scoutjoe and sicktooth have started the bidding I'll list my minimum that I'll take for the gun and the bidding can start from there.

I'll accept no less than

2 good egg laying hens

40 feet of barbed wire

3 shampoo bottles in the handy travel sizes

4 slightly used P235 LT tires

2 Holiday Inn towels

Saran Wrap

A jar of vasoline

Two pounds of butter

and the June 1974 issue of Playboy. :haha:

The scary part is I could get that ENTIRE LIST sans the chickens from my dads house in about a half hour ( Thats to search through the piles to find a '74, June, issue of playboy... )

Id bet thats the size of tires he has on his full size van...

The butter is easy...

The vaseline?!?!? :unsure: I dont wanna know!

I *KNOW* for a fact he has LOTS of "holiday Inn" towels... some have a green stripe, some dont... some have the lettering in cursive, on others its standard text...

:smoke:

The scary part is I could get that ENTIRE LIST sans the chickens from my dads house in about a half hour ( Thats to search through the piles to find a '74, June, issue of playboy... )

Id bet thats the size of tires he has on his full size van...

The butter is easy...

The vaseline?!?!? :unsure: I dont wanna know!

I *KNOW* for a fact he has LOTS of "holiday Inn" towels... some have a green stripe, some dont... some have the lettering in cursive, on others its standard text...

:smoke:

Sounds to me like your dad is damn fine human being then.

As for the rest of ya'll on this thread, you gotta do a little better on the bidding. C'mon... maybe each one of you could provide at least one thing on my list and then you all could be part owners of the gun. Then you could just take turns shipping it around to each other. :lolol: