Am I the only one who didn't know?

I just received my Tromix stock yesterday for the upcoming 7.62 conversion. I'm not bashing Tromix or anything, but am I the only one who didn't realize that the Tromix stock wasn't made of aluminum or similar material like the Ace stock? I opened the box and was pretty surprised to see the plastic style composite material stock. Every picture I've seen of it makes it appear to be a metal-like material. Seems like Tromix.com and other websites who sell the stock should include a little more information about it. Just a heads up for anyone thinking about ordering the stock and don't realize it's a composite material. It's also got a not-so-pretty seam to it, I guess where the 2 half's are joined or bonded together. It's a sick looking stock, shape wise, but not at all what I expected for the price. The 'pad' on it is also pretty much just for looks, as it's made of a similar hard plastic or composite type material. :unsure:

Just a little info for anyone who didn't know. This information would have helped me make a proper choice had I known before buying. If it was about half the price (it runs $80+) it would be worth the money, in my opinion.

tromixStock.jpg

Edited by KC913

i thought it was metal or aluminum as well. I was planning on buying 2 of them, 1 for s12 and one for 7.62. Thanks for the info, I think I'll go with Ace

maybe they accidently shipped you a cheap paintball version :-D

Edited by DamDanger
maybe they accidently shipped you a cheap paintball version :-D

Haha.. thats pretty funny. A friend of mine said it looked like a paintball stock when he saw it today. :unsure: I'll never tell him what I paid for it. :eek:

It is a steel-reinforced poly stock. This is the 3rd generation design...Tromix developed the stock wprking directly with the manufacturer, Lage industries. We've sold thousands without failure.

I have one on my Tromix (ealier version) and it is great with no issues. I had Tony put a limb saver on mine as well. Folks brag on their tupperware pistols and I use "plastic" magaziones from Russia. It doesn't dent, is extremely resilient and works well. To each their own.

I have a number of different Ace stocks on different Saiga builds and like them a lot, but FWIW, I think my favorite for both aesthetics and function is the Tromix "Scope Model" stock. Unless you plan to shoot irons I don't believe there's a better stock for the Saiga rifles.

JMHBOO

guido2 in Houston

Edited by guido2

It always looked like plastic to me. I'm actually suprised that anyone would think it's metal. I don't know how the quality stacks up, but my BT MP5 stock was $245 (and it has a molding seem as well), and those dorky Choate stocks are going to $150 (also with the seem), so $85 seems like a deal in comparison.

I just received my Tromix stock yesterday for the upcoming 7.62 conversion. I'm not bashing Tromix or anything, but am I the only one who didn't realize that the Tromix stock wasn't made of aluminum or similar material like the Ace stock? I opened the box and was pretty surprised to see the plastic style composite material stock. Every picture I've seen of it makes it appear to be a metal-like material. Seems like Tromix.com and other websites who sell the stock should include a little more information about it. Just a heads up for anyone thinking about ordering the stock and don't realize it's a composite material. It's also got a not-so-pretty seam to it, I guess where the 2 half's are joined or bonded together. It's a sick looking stock, shape wise, but not at all what I expected for the price. The 'pad' on it is also pretty much just for looks, as it's made of a similar hard plastic or composite type material. :unsure:

Just a little info for anyone who didn't know. This information would have helped me make a proper choice had I known before buying. If it was about half the price (it runs $80+) it would be worth the money, in my opinion.

tromixStock.jpg

I have a new ace stock from group buy I will trade you for it. :smoke:

I'll admit I always thought it was metal until Tony told me it wasn't. So long as the balance is good, I don't think it matters. Plastic also doesn't rust which is handy when you live in Florida...

Edited by Glocker
The TROMIX/Lage stocks are virtually indestructible....., so the quality speaks for itself !! They don't unjoint and fall apart (as I hear tell some of the Ace stocks do.........)

At $85, they are a deal !!!

It seems sturdy and built just fine, it was just a shocker to see what they were made out of. Expecting a metal stock and receiving a composite stock kinda took me by surprise. The hard composite pad also was unexpected. It's a good looking stock, it just would have been nice to know a few more details before ordering it. Guess I can only blame myself for not asking questions before ordering. :rolleyes:

They look like a composite to me and i have a few on Redjacket builds. Will put them on the ACE folding mechanisms and they fit perfect. The stocks are as solid as metal, look better I think and fit me well. Will mentioned the buttpad may come loose which they did but re-expoxy fixed that and they have not come back off. They are not screwed on.

do they fit the S12 also? i bought one with a folder and dont really like them that much...after the stated "looks like an expensive H&K stock"...i got to thinking that would fit me S12 perfectly. i guess i haven't even got the shoty yet so mabey i should handle it first...

i dunno what the fuss about plastic pieces are about, as long as high quality plastics are used, they are much stronger then steel could ever be, High density plastic can be much much stronger then steel. I do agree though, the pics looks like a painted metal piece, but if it works and is lightweight, why not use it?

i dunno what the fuss about plastic pieces are about, as long as high quality plastics are used, they are much stronger then steel could ever be, High density plastic can be much much stronger then steel. I do agree though, the pics looks like a painted metal piece, but if it works and is lightweight, why not use it?

does tromix make one that doesn't require the ace adapter?

does tromix make one that doesn't require the ace adapter?

Both the Ace and Tromix fit the gun the same way; you either need to use the Ace bolt-in adapter, or the Tromix weld-in plate. The hinge has the same pattern so you can use it or not at your discretion. I don't recommend the Tromix plate unless you are very skilled welder.