I am moving from Tallahassee, Florida to Baltimore, Maryland to take up a DoD job. Is there anyone on the board from Baltimore can give some intel on the city. Like where to live, what areas to avoid, and where the gun club is?

Moving to Ballimer? I am so sorry. Go to the Maryland Shooters Forum. Great bunch of guys there and plenty usefull info. I hang there sometimes. Anything you have that is on the old AWB is "listed" here in MD, and is treated like a handgun. 7 day wait, extra $35 (BOGUS) background check, one in 30 days. Also we have a CCW, but only politicians and people carrying large sums of money can get one. The proletariat must remain unarmed lest we revolt or something. STAY OUT OF BALTIMORE CITY!

Can't the DoD send you somewhere more enjoyable to work?

They have job openings in Iraq and Afghanistan that I'm aware of.

When you're done, you can move back to Florida.

Edited by nalioth
Moving to Ballimer? I am so sorry. Go to the Maryland Shooters Forum. Great bunch of guys there and plenty usefull info. I hang there sometimes. Anything you have that is on the old AWB is "listed" here in MD, and is treated like a handgun. 7 day wait, extra $35 (BOGUS) background check, one in 30 days. Also we have a CCW, but only politicians and people carrying large sums of money can get one. The proletariat must remain unarmed lest we revolt or something. STAY OUT OF BALTIMORE CITY!

nearly all my guns except my 444 marlin are Assault weapons.

Can't the DoD send you somewhere more enjoyable to work?

They have job openings in Iraq and Afghanistan that I'm aware of.

When you're done, you can move back to Florida.

Most likely they will be me sending overseas.

Iraq, beautiful country

post-9412-1215881805_thumb.jpg

See if they will send you to Dayton, Ohio to check on Wright Patterson A.F.B. or D.C.A.S.R. Dallas. Baltimore????? :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: Some things make "working for a livin'" untenable and that is one of them. My sincere condolences if you actually go there. Here is who will be watching as you try to build you guns....

post-3915-1215951814_thumb.png

Edited by 1911

Here in PRM (Peoples Republic of Maryland) assault weapons are allowed with no real restrictions except on SALES. Transporting a loaded firearm is a big no-no. Going to or from training, range, hunting etc. is OK but DO NOT STOP FOR GAS OR MILK.

Stay out of S.E. D.C. especially at night. You will be robbed or killed. Same with Baltimore City. Balt. Harbor area is safe.

P.G. County is a mess. Montgomery County is Liberal Heaven. Southern Anne Arundel County is God's Country.

What G O B said is 100%.

Lots of water here but only two Public access spots. Learn to love crab feasts. Summer is like Florida. Winter is like Michigan but sloppier. The other two seasons are confused.

Traffic sucks.

The Government is Liberal and quite corrupt.

PM me for details on anything and tell me the town you'll be employed in. I'm guessing Ft. Meade area.

Here in PRM (Peoples Republic of Maryland) assault weapons are allowed with no real restrictions except on SALES. Transporting a loaded firearm is a big no-no. Going to or from training, range, hunting etc. is OK but DO NOT STOP FOR GAS OR MILK.

Stay out of S.E. D.C. especially at night. You will be robbed or killed. Same with Baltimore City. Balt. Harbor area is safe.

P.G. County is a mess. Montgomery County is Liberal Heaven. Southern Anne Arundel County is God's Country.

What G O B said is 100%.

Lots of water here but only two Public access spots. Learn to love crab feasts. Summer is like Florida. Winter is like Michigan but sloppier. The other two seasons are confused.

Traffic sucks.

PM me for details on anything and tell me the town you'll be employed in. I'm guessing Ft. Meade area.

Great, so I get to pay extra in taxes to support the people who will rob me because I will not be allowed to defend my self or property.

What G O B said is 100%.

Traffic sucks.

Great, so I get to pay extra in taxes to support the people who will rob me because I will not be allowed to defend my self or property.

EXACTLY! It really isn't as bad as we paint it - it's Worse! :angry2: But we ARE fighting the good fight here. Only a few laws are fashiso-communist and we are working on those. Worst is no CCW for honest citizens, followed by assaut weapon regrestration/assault pistol ban and limits on capacity of mags that can be x-ferred in state. The price of living is HIGH here but there is $$$$ to be made. Besids someone needs to moove here to take my place when I escape!

What G O B said is 100%.

Traffic sucks.

EXACTLY! It really isn't as bad as we paint it - it's Worse! :angry2: But we ARE fighting the good fight here. Only a few laws are fashiso-communist and we are working on those. Worst is no CCW for honest citizens, followed by assaut weapon regrestration/assault pistol ban and limits on capacity of mags that can be x-ferred in state. The price of living is HIGH here but there is $$$$ to be made. Besids someone needs to moove here to take my place when I escape!

Oh well, the money is nearly triple what I am making doing research at FSU. If I bring my weapons do I have to register them or is it only if I buy one there?

York Co Pa is right up I-83 from that area of Maryland, and once you cross that state line you get to keep your freedoms (well most of them)

That's my only input, well that and the day I went to Inner Harbor with the ex we rode the light rail into the city. I've never missed my pistol more in my life.