Chaos Saiga 12 Quad Rail!

Hey Cameron,

I got my Tri-Rail and what a beauty! This thing fits perfect without modification on a regular s-12. I have HK sights on my tromix and have been grinding to make it fit like you said I would. I have one side done and now working on the other.

I need to touch up the black that I'm filing/grinding. What should i use to get a close match?

Really, really, really nice precision product! :big_smile:

I have an previously installed Halo for sale if anyone is interested. I can send pics upon request. $275 shipped anywhere in the continental US.

Thanks,

Dave

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Cameron,

I got my Tri-Rail and what a beauty! This thing fits perfect without modification on a regular s-12. I have HK sights on my tromix and have been grinding to make it fit like you said I would. I have one side done and now working on the other.

I need to touch up the black that I'm filing/grinding. What should i use to get a close match?

I have an previously installed Halo for sale if anyone is interested. I can send pics upon request. $275 shipped anywhere in the continental US.

Thanks,

Dave

Just a little flat black, mask the area, so you don't over spray! And thanks for your kind words, I could never get tried of hearing that. :super:

I got it. Pretty nice, but it doesn't fit with my existing HK sights. It interferes with the front sight. It will work on the s12 I am having Etac build, that is if I ever get it. Also, its nice that the front has that screw mount, but what keeps the rear up tight since it doesn't have the little lip that slides into the receiver like the stock grip? It seems pretty tight, overall I would recommend this product, looks good.

CJG

There is a lip that fits up to the receiver, if yours is missing the back key PM me, it looks like this!

S12railkey.jpg

Also if your sights are not going to allow you to use a Quad, then check out Chaos Tri-rail, I don't want you to fill like your stuck with something you can't use until you get your other gun back, so, if want, you can trade your Quad for a Tri and I'll refund the difference. Hope this helps!

Thanks for the quick reply. I have the tri rail not the quad rail. Is the tri rail supposed to have that key? if so then mine doesn't. No worry on me using it, it will just go on my etac that doesnt have HK sights, or I will grind it to fit with the HK sights on my current gun.

CJG

I got it. Pretty nice, but it doesn't fit with my existing HK sights. It interferes with the front sight. It will work on the s12 I am having Etac build, that is if I ever get it. Also, its nice that the front has that screw mount, but what keeps the rear up tight since it doesn't have the little lip that slides into the receiver like the stock grip? It seems pretty tight, overall I would recommend this product, looks good.

CJG

There is a lip that fits up to the receiver, if yours is missing the back key PM me, it looks like this!

S12railkey.jpg

Also if your sights are not going to allow you to use a Quad, then check out Chaos Tri-rail, I don't want you to fill like your stuck with something you can't use until you get your other gun back, so, if want, you can trade your Quad for a Tri and I'll refund the difference. Hope this helps!

Thanks for the quick reply. I have the tri rail not the quad rail. Is the tri rail supposed to have that key? if so then mine doesn't. No worry on me using it, it will just go on my etac that doesnt have HK sights, or I will grind it to fit with the HK sights on my current gun.

CJG

PM me your Shipping Info, so I can send you a rear key, sorry for the mix up, your next order you'll receive 10% discount!

^_^ Here is a picture of the final product......

Tri-Rail on Tromix with Hk sights. It took much grinding on both the tri-rail and hk sights, so it's not for the faint of heart, or anyone without a Dremel tool and a big sack. lol I had a hard time getting started grinding on a $1500 Tromix, but once I got started I got over it. hahaha.

Thanks for the support Cameron! Looks Sick!

Dave

post-8485-1224735595_thumb.jpg

^_^ Here is a picture of the final product......

Tri-Rail on Tromix with Hk sights. It took much grinding on both the tri-rail and hk sights, so it's not for the faint of heart, or anyone without a Dremel tool and a big sack. lol I had a hard time getting started grinding on a $1500 Tromix, but once I got started I got over it. hahaha.

Thanks for the support Cameron! Looks Sick!

Dave

Dave,

Your welcome . Thats one fine weapon you have there, you did a hell of a job!!!!

The new rails are a little shorter, around 0.050 shorter, so hopefully on the up coming match ups, people wont have to grind or trim, but if they do, it will be a lot less. :super:

Those rails look very nice. Awesome product, Cameron!

One question...do you plan on ever coming out with a model that will fit the 8" barrel saigas? If so what kind of time frame are you thinking?

Not at this point, I'm tied up with production, and development, but if you guys with shorties could provide accurate measurements, I would be willing to look into it.

Hey thanks Cameron....

I used some flat black paint which matched good, but it comes off when cleaning with solvent. What did you use on the rail that is permenant. I don't want to have to repaint every time I clean it.

Thanks,

Dave

Edited by superdavemfb
Hey thanks Cameron....

I used some flat black paint which matched good, but it comes off when cleaning with solvent. What did you use on the rail that is permenant. I don't want to have to repaint every time I clean it.

Thanks,

Dave

The rails are Hardcoat anodized, not something your going to use at home! You need a cold cure duracoat like finish product, that can stand up to the solvent. I don't use any of these type of products at this point. I wouldn't use any bake on, unless you plan on striping both rails back to metal!

I just put a deposit on a 3 rail with the vented upper. What's the lead time on these? I paid with paypal under "darincraft."

3 1/2 weeks out!

Great! Hate to ask a question that had probably been answered. 3.5 weeks is a lot sooner than I imagined.

Hey Cameron,

Thanks,

Dave

Just a little flat black, mask the area, so you don't over spray! And thanks for your kind words, I could never get tried of hearing that. :super:

Cameron,

Thanks for the Quad rail I bought mine back in August and had it shipped here to Hawaii. Let me tell you I think I'm the only one on this Island that I know of with that type of quad rail. It's mean lookin. or like how we say here in hawaii Slang "Da Buggah is Sick!"

patience, my friend patience. Great things come to those who wait and from what I have seen of Cameron's work and business etiquette, it will be worth the wait. I think he had to shelf the rails for a couple of days while he improved the CQC. I'm drooling at the mouth waiting for my 3 rail too though. :super:

The Chaos Rail systems on right on schedule, 1 1/2 weeks out!

Sweet! Thanks Cameron. Any idea of when the clean outs will be back and ready with the new mod?

I'm posting CQC updates here!

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=30957

• 2 weeks later...