i'm trying to well not trying to but ....sight in my scope on my ruger 10/22 and i was wondering what i should sight it in for and how far....the bullets say about 3.25 inch drop at 100 yrds and i want it to be accurate so what do yall think would be better having it shoot a little high at say like 25 yards so it would still be on or a tad low at 100 or just like dead on at 25 yards or what would yall recomend to get the best out of it i dont shoot it often over 50yrds so i'm not sure what i should do...right dow its dead on at 25 yards....anyone have any input....ohh and sorry for no periods lol

all of my 22's are sighted for 50 yards. if i shoot farther, i adjust the scope or sight. good gunnery skills are partly knwoing where to hold on the target when the distance is changed, and when there is wind.

Personally, I would sight it in for 75 yards.

Then shoot it at 100 yards, and also at 50.... note where the bullet hits for BOTH...

I am willing to bet that at 75 yards, you will STILL be almost dead on at 50... if not just a C-hair high... and will still be relatively CLOSE at 100 should you ever need to "reach out and touch something"

If you *NEVER* shoot more than 50 yard shots.... zero it for 50... and consider it good-nuff!

It will not be too far off at 25, if you zero for 50... maybe a touch high...

Oh.... BY THE WAY....

When you say you "want it to be accurate" remember one thing... a Ruger 10/22 is NO sniper rifle.. its not going to be SUPER accurate unless you have ACCURATE ammo...

I have found that my 20 yr old ruger still gets about a 1" group at 50 yards with CCI stingers, or similar high velocity, DECENT ammo.

The cheap 7 bucks for 500 round stuff.... well... figure on 2 inch or more groups at 50.... its not as precisely made... so it is not as precise in the shooting.

NO matter HOW STEADY you can hold the gun!

• 2 weeks later...

Why shoot 100 shot when you can shoot 500 for the same money? Bang for the buck, mean anything?

Realy," accuracy is as accuracy does " , Forrest Gump

sight it in for 50 or 75 , doesn't matter, you may change this as your shooting distances and requirements are realized and/or change.

the cheap stuff does group bigger...i use stingers sometimes but i like to shoot minimags when i'm trying to shoot the gun good and yeah i've noticed that the ruger is kinda like an ak its only so accurate...the groups spread when the barrel gets warm...just like my saiga

ya know, Wolf makes some 22 rimfire. they have three grades i believe. ten bucks a brick, 25 a brick, and 50 a brick. you might consider trying some of that stuff. I had some of the more expensive stuff about a year ago, and i tell ya, you can pick a quarter off 5 for 5 at 50 yards with that stuff. kind of pricey though. cabellas has some odd 22 rimfire as well for sale.

• 2 months later...

that stock is from the rearly 90s before the ban i think its a cherokee or something but it might just be what the model is called...its pretty solid and works good that gun is very light and the stock is sturdy but when folded it has a little play but its alright....

Bro on my 10/22 I use CCI mini mag but I find that this thing likes

the REM .22 golden bullet bonus pack and for 8 bucks for 550 rounds

give me the same tight groups like the mini mag about ¾ and some times

½ at 50 yards all depends how I feel that day on the range.

I use a Tasco 3x9x40 cero at 50 yards and at 100 adjust like 3 ½ inches high

at there it goes.

I think the rifle can do better with a better shooter, must of the time

like to make cans dance on the grass.