Kalinka Optics

If anyone is thinking about ordering from this company I suggest that you don't. Here is my story with them:

I ordered a scope and mount from them on Jul 13th 2003. Their policy states that orders are usually delievered between 10-17 days. After 17 days I emailed them to find out what was going on with the order. No Reply. Two weeks later I again emailed them to find out what had happened to the order.. Their reply was most products are delievered within 10-17 days. Now I am little upset I email them again and they tell me that the order had problems getting through customs but it would be delievered on the 21st of Aug. Well the 21st came and went no order. the 22nd came and went no order. I emailed again and they told me the order was sent to the WRONG address. They finally tracked it down and had the guy that it was sent to in error mail it to me. I received it on the 6th of Sept. and it was damaged with parts missing. Now they will not even respond to my emails. As a matter of fact I am tracking all emails sent to them and they are deleting them without even opening. I am sure that I have emailed them at least 100 times since I recieved the order and all are returned unopened. My only alternative is to contact a lawyer and see what happens then. I hope that no one has a problem with them as I am having. They also state in there order area 100% customer satisfaction. What a laugh. :evil::evil:

A bunch of the guys over at AK-47.net have had troubles with Kalinka also. They are all suggesting we use Freedom Optics or Tantal. Tantal's out of stock on a bunch of stuff though. I also hear that Night Vision Web is okay.

Please note that I personally haven't bought from any of these guys and am not giving a personal recommendation.

If anybody wants a good place to order scopes online..Try P.R.'s Trading Post.I was looking & comparing prices on an IOR 4x14-50mm Tactical side focus...with the MP8 ret...& this guy was the cheapest.I ordered the scope..paid for it...& while it was enroute to my front door...Don..the owner found a place online that was about $12 dollars cheaper than his stated price...He without a word from me...knocked off $21 more dollars...Offered to mail me the money..or take it off my next order....I think I'll be buying from him again!..:-)

..Just sited in my new IOR scope this weekend...A really great piece of glass!!!...

Kalinka is based out of Belarus if I recall. I ordered my PSO-6 from them a while ago, and other than having to wait three months due to their slow-boat-THROUGH-China shipping method, I got my scope and it was as-advertised.

To be fair, importing things like scopes for AKs into the US isnt what it used to be.

Still though, no excuse for lack of contact. I was made well aware that my shipment could be anywhere from 60-100 days from order, so I realy didnt bother with it.

Tantal has EXCELLENT customer feedback, although pricer, and harder to get ahold of, I hear great things from that guy...

• 3 weeks later...