.308 Saiga Bullpup

WTF?

Wow!!!

what can I tell ya , one of my customers decided he had to have one and I had to build it . He was allway's such a nice young man , quiet , you hardly knew he was living there...

The bullpup kit from K-Var was the starting place , although by the end of the build most of it was in the trash can . I really hated the sight set-up , gave up on "hetero'ng" it and replaced it with the s/s piccatinny . That gave up a proper cheek weld and line up with the sight . 16 in. bbl and 28 overall .

Oh sure,

Show this off just after I purchased a .308 Saiga!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

insidious little bastard , ain't I ? :) No , you go with the direction you were talking about , only thing I would add would be the '74 fornt sight assy and flash hider . You know you can come by the shop if you need a hand or a different set of tools to break...

insidious little bastard , ain't I ? :) No , you go with the direction you were talking about , only thing I would add would be the '74 fornt sight assy and flash hider . You know you can come by the shop if you need a hand or a different set of tools to break...

See you soon.

And I'll snag that Saiga x39 and we'll bullpup it!

See you soon.

And I'll snag that Saiga x39 and we'll bullpup it!

heh , just cause I did one don't make me a fan of the thing's LOL . But if you think you got to have one.....

heh , just cause I did one don't make me a fan of the thing's LOL . But if you think you got to have one.....

I'll do the work.

You sit there and drink a beer and make sure I don't turn it into a pooch screw!

I'll do the work.

You sit there and drink a beer and make sure I don't turn it into a pooch screw!

Just how many pooches have you screwed Will? :haha::eek::lolol:

Great looking build Red Stick, you got that assembly line set up for it yet? :angel:

I'll do the work.

Just how many pooches have you screwed Will? :haha::eek::lolol:

Great looking build Red Stick, you got that assembly line set up for it yet? :angel:

yeah right ? LOL , I dunno , might . build this thing 5 different way's before I could look at and say " Well , I guess it's not to gay . For a bull pup anyway " LOL Does seem a shame to waste the "T&E" [trial and error] for just one gun although I've done it before [JEFF!!!;)] . I do get the mechanic's of the "pro" argument , full length bbl w/ SBR portability . And it is handy as hell in a tight spot . i dunno , maybe after i play with a few more
Is it too late to turn the Grendel AK into a bullpup??? Naw, I need to come up with something REALLY challenging the next time! :rolleyes:

You're damn right it's to late :) I got your hinged cover welded up and the HK sights on . Got the magwell tack welded in . I want to shoot out the rest of the rounds and then it's time to paint :)

Will, that is really something that you are on to there. Excellent idea and execution but since the guns you made me I would expect no less. I can really appreciate your creatism. I might have to get you to make a bullpup that takes 7.65x25 with a soumi drum. If it can be done I would expect you would be the one to develop it. Oh, my .308 and 5.56 continue to run great. Thanks!

That would be cool to SBR like this:

24vmuxu.jpg

I never really thought about it until I saw the pic of that girl shouldering that one but the length of pull on these AK bullpups is REALLY long. Looks like it would be very awkward.

Also, I have a feeling that with .308 recoil and how far back that rail and sight hang someone is gonna be getting kissed in the face by the back of that red dot.

Edited by DTakas
That would be cool to SBR like this:

24vmuxu.jpg

I never really thought about it until I saw the pic of that girl shouldering that one but the length of pull on these AK bullpups is REALLY long. Looks like it would be very awkward.

Also, I have a feeling that with .308 recoil and how far back that rail and sight hang someone is gonna be getting kissed in the face by the back of that red dot.

my biggest problem with the bull pup design is that it requires compleatly unshouldering the weapon to change mag's . Course , I have the same problem with the AK . The balance on the bullpup is to the rear , in your shoulder . that makes it very handy for movement , not so sure how helpfull it would be trying long range shooting but i don't think that's what my customer had in mind for this rifle . I only shot 40 rounds , and that at 25 yrds , so my experiance is limited . Couldn't say anything about other bullpup's as this is the only one I've ever shot .

Will, that is really something that you are on to there. Excellent idea and execution but since the guns you made me I would expect no less. I can really appreciate your creatism. I might have to get you to make a bullpup that takes 7.65x25 with a soumi drum. If it can be done I would expect you would be the one to develop it. Oh, my .308 and 5.56 continue to run great. Thanks!

Thanks U.S. , glad to hear you're still shooting :)

howd you get that trigger so far forward?

Nice setup,gotta be fun to shoot

Started with one of the K-Var kit's . Had to machine a flat into the barrel to allow clearance , we had re-worked thier trigger , but it was still a bit tight .