another PG nut question...

I finally got my pistol-grip nut, which I'm using to attach a CAA SAW grip (the one with grip inserts), but the bolt that came with the nut is too long (it's obviously for standard AK furniture).

So, of course, I head for the hardware store to find something that'll do the job. But not a single bolt size would fit the PG nut...am I just looking in the wrong place?

I finally got my pistol-grip nut, which I'm using to attach a CAA SAW grip (the one with grip inserts), but the bolt that came with the nut is too long (it's obviously for standard AK furniture).

So, of course, I head for the hardware store to find something that'll do the job. But not a single bolt size would fit the PG nut...am I just looking in the wrong place?

Hmm, I went to Lowe's and got one when I lost mine.

I'd suggest trying another hardware store or see if there is a speacialty bolt/fastener store in your area.

Thread size is 6mm, but the length I am not sure of.

louielouie

• 3 weeks later...

Just cut clean with a dremel. I've had bolts too long and it always works as long as you make sure you don't strip the nut. If it doesn't start right you can angle the thread a bit with a small file.

Edited by akDave

If you are going to cut it, screw the nut down past the place where you will cut it. After you cut it to the desired length, check the threads and clean them up wit a file if needed. Then unscrew the nut back off of the grip screw and you should not have any trouble getting it back together when assembleing it back on the gun.

• 4 weeks later...