CHAOS muzzle brake

Hey, I have a couple of questions on the muzzle brake. Are the ports canted back? I.E. do the ports direct the gases back to "pull" the weapon foward? Why did you choose to use 7075? Most of the other brakes I have seen are steel. Is there any particular "care tips" for this brake? I.E. "don't use product Z with this brake." Sorry about being a PITA, I was just wondering.

Hey, I have a couple of questions on the muzzle brake. Are the ports canted back? I.E. do the ports direct the gases back to "pull" the weapon foward? Why did you choose to use 7075? Most of the other brakes I have seen are steel. Is there any particular "care tips" for this brake? I.E. "don't use product Z with this brake." Sorry about being a PITA, I was just wondering.

The ports are not directed back because it would have made this brake more costly during manufacturing, plus I truly believe there really isn't enough surface area on an angle or not

to make a difference, and it was my goal to make a low cost brake! As for using 7075 Aluminum, I wanted to make a really light brake, 7075 has characteristics close to that of steel.

During testing it showed really good wear resistance. It is Hardcoat anodized, just brush the inside when dirty!