My BRAND NEW CONVERSION!!!

I just did my 1st Saiga conversion. Worked out well but I still have to go to the range and test out the accuracy, I was a little bit rough on the receiver (during removal of the hammer pin). But no abuse, just learning step by step...

The rifle balances nicely now and is NOT a handful. I wanted it to be as compact and 'tight' as possible. Was able to shorten the overall length with the TOUGH RPB Ind. krinkov 'style' FIXED stock by another 1.5 inches or so...

I found that the trigger guard weld and the steel is WAY TOO TOUGH, get a drill bit made from Kryptonite, seriously...

I found the bolt hold open to be a PAIN IN THE ASSS!!!! I left it off for now as the rifle is in full functional form, just that it is "97%" complete. :unsure:

I also have a bench grinder and I found that instead of hacksawing the rear part of the trigger guard that sticks out, it was ALOT and I mean ALOT easier to just grind it down instead!

Well, anyways, I found it to be a fun but challenging. Now however, it is easy to do since you get over that learning curve thing. :smoke:

The Dinzag FCG works very well and smooths out the trigger and lightens it by about 45% from stock -imo. I am also in FULL 922r compliance and NJ mag capacity compliance, as ALL paper work will accompany the rifle wherever it goes, (I know....NJ:rolleyes:). In NJ, PG are allowed except NO folding stock. Folding stocks (w/ pistol grips) however, ARE allowed on shotguns. Was a NICE 12 gauge Mossberg M500 pump for sale at the store where I got the Saiga in Vineland, NJ (heat shield, M4 stock, PG, etc...). EXCELLENT folks & selection at that store! :wub:

Thanks to:

Dinzag for the FCG, vented gas tube, pistol grip & nut/screw

gunmallusa.com aka RBP Industries (E1 - Krinkov 'style' FIXED stock)

Sure Fire mags for the 15-round NJ legal mags :rolleyes:

UTG for the quad rail front handguard

CAA 'shorty' front grip

KZ for the front sling mount

Home Depot for the carbide drill bit :devil::devil::devil:

Well anyway, here are the pics! hehe :devil: :

DSCN0925.jpg

DSCN0927.jpg

DSCN0928.jpg

DSCN0930.jpg

DSCN0931.jpg

Federal 922r compliance: 8 US made parts (minimum 4 needed), out of 14 total parts.

NJ magazine cap compliant, 15-rds MAX.

Edited by quikz
Who did you get the sure fires from?

I got it from dph arms a WHILE ago...

Also, sorry bout thinking of putting stuff up for sale, forgot it was a no-no, still a newbie here!

Edited by quikz

I already had the UTG out on the range and have approx. 250 rds thru it with the UTG on the gun ONLY.

NO PROBS AT ALL. SOLID fit. Gets REAL hot!!! i just used some gloves, adding to the fun factor -imo. :devil:

This is a poorly done PHOTOCHOPPED representation of what this setup might look like with a hypothetical 30-rd mag, I DO NOT HAVE 30-rd mags in NJ:

***ALTERED PHOTO. NOT REAL 30-rd MAGS in this pic!!!!***

DSCN0925a.jpg

***ALTERED PHOTO. NOT REAL 30-rd MAGS in this pic!!!!***

Thanks,

Edited by quikz
Quikz, great looking conversion. Those are Surefire mags right? If so, where'd you get the mag coupler if you don't mind me asking.

Sorry, but I forgot :unsure: where I got them from exactly....lol.

I think if you search around for these Sure Fire mags online, you may find a dealer that offers the mag couplers along with the Surefires, like DPH Arms(?)

These mag couplers are designed to fit these Sure Fire mags ONLY. They "can" fit other mags, but will not be a perfect fit. The Sure Fire mag couplers have slots in them to fit the grooves in the Sure Fire magazines ONLY, of ANY capacity.

Edited by quikz