Do it yourself trigger job on a PSL...

I put in a tapco g2 double hook, all I had to do was cut a slot for the second hook. A single hook should go right in. I don't recall having to do anything fancy at all. A very nice 3 to 4 lb pull. So nice compared to the original. I had my barrel cryo treated at 300 below and it pulled my groups in a bit tighter as well.

There is a really good gunsmithing DVD out there an the AK style rifles that details turning a "stock" trigger group into a 2 stage trigger. I'm just waiting for some free time to modify mine.

You might be referring to the AGI (American Gunsmithing Institute) video on AK triggers. With a little bit of skill and some basic tools you should be able to modify an AK trigger to 2-stage. You just need to be careful and be sure you know what you're doing before you start so that you don't make it an unsafe trigger. The video goes into detail on that point. I recommend it, very informative.

There is a really good gunsmithing DVD out there an the AK style rifles that details turning a "stock" trigger group into a 2 stage trigger. I'm just waiting for some free time to modify mine.

You might be referring to the AGI (American Gunsmithing Institute) video on AK triggers. With a little bit of skill and some basic tools you should be able to modify an AK trigger to 2-stage. You just need to be careful and be sure you know what you're doing before you start so that you don't make it an unsafe trigger. The video goes into detail on that point. I recommend it, very informative.

Bingo! That is the one.

I would SERIOUSLY just SPEND the cash... either a G2 single hook for $35.00 or double that for the Red Star... and get a very nice trigger without any hassles or worries, and one that will drop in and WORK...

Sometimes a few extra bucks is worth the reduction in headache factor... ( But thats just my preference... :up: )

Good luck either route ya go...

:smoke:

Bingo! That is the one.

+1

Very good video.

• 3 weeks later...
I would SERIOUSLY just SPEND the cash... either a G2 single hook for $35.00 or double that for the Red Star... and get a very nice trigger without any hassles or worries, and one that will drop in and WORK...

Maybe it's just me, but I had a red star in my PSL and I couldn't get it to perform well. Don't get me wrong; I like the RSA adjustable trigger. I probably have 5 of them between ones in my AKs and ones sitting in my parts bin waiting for a "host" down the road. But for me the PSL just didn't like it. I imagine that given enough time and tweaking I could have made it work well eventually but I ran out of patience. In my opinion the higher-buck solution might not be the best one in every case. Given the heavy recoil of the PSL I think a properly 'smithed 2-stage that isn't adjustable may be a better bet. It's less likely to need further tweaking once you have it where you want it.

I sold my PSL eventually but if I had one now the first thing I'd do is get a G2 and set it up as a 2-stage.

• 3 weeks later...