Anybody can cancel at anytime! Drum Update!

Dear Customers,

This is an update on the drum status. But first I wanted to go over some other things with everyone so please read the entire content.

Nobody has been scammed or robbed. Everyone that has asked for a refund has received it. There is a total of 3 orders that haven't been refunded yet. One came in Tuesday last week, one on Tuesday this week, and one on Wednesday this week. If you are one of these three rest assured you will receive it very soon. If you want to cancel your order send an email with a subject title of "Cancel Order", make sure you put that as a subject title. If it is anything else I can't promise I will catch the request.

Despite what I am hearing is being said, no one has put in a cancel request from weeks ago and not had it honored. No large orders have made a refund request. The 3 active refund requests are for 1 drum per order. That is 3 drums. Most of what you are hearing is coming from those that don't want to cancel and have made no attempt to do such. They are keeping their orders but complaining every step of the way about it. I am going to start pinpointing and canceling those peoples' orders myself and refunding their money. If they continue, in all fairness, they won't be getting an order filled from the first run and those drums can go to someone else with patience. I tried to make very clear on my site and everywhere I have spoke about the deadlines stated being tentative. I even have a check box to be clicked that says you have read all the disclosed info about ordering and such before an order is excepted by my store. And despite what I stated in those terms on my site... I have not charged one person a fee to cancel an order. I have never held anybody to the "can't cancel before dates" stated on my site. Any time someone asked for a refund they was issued it in full. Again, if anybody wants a full refund just ask as stated above. No hard feelings will be kept as long as decency is maintained when you ask. I do understand it has been a long time.

I know everyone is very ready to receive their drums. I understand that completely! But please know and remember that everyone combined doesn't want that half as bad as me. I spend damn near every moment of every day thinking of it in some form or another. I know that many question why it has taken so long. I know that many thought the same thing about the AGP mags. Many comments of "it's just a plastic mag... they should be able to make hundreds a day..." and stuff like that. I was one of them. I thought the same thing coming into the drum project as well. All I can say is until you take on the task you have just a vague idea of what is involved no matter what you think you know. And again I thought the very same things myself. But this process has shown me what a vague clue I had of what was involved and what was possible in putting a product together from scratch on the market before I did it. I would guess that mine and AGP's delays are from many, very similar reasons.

One subject I keep hearing is why I charged the remaining balance back in February. At that time I thought I was only a week or two from shipping. I knew if I waited to send out the second payment notice until I had the drums in hand that it would really complicate processing the orders. It would have taken a lot of time and effort to sort through who paid, who didn't, who ordered first, who paid first.... If I had known I wouldn't be shipping soon after I would not have charged the remaining balance. Even after it was done I considered refunding the second half but thought I would have to go back and recharge it again very soon after. And was afraid of further confusion, hassles, and problems from doing so.

I haven't been reading the Saiga-12 Forum for at least a couple months now. I know a lot of negative things was starting to be said and have since been told by others that it is pretty ramped lately. I do plan to start reading and posting again as soon as things get smoothed out. I miss coming to the forum a being apart. There are a few reasons I have been staying clear. One and probably the biggest is my nerves are a little thin from the whole process of bringing the drum to market. I don't want to lose my cool or be short in anyway with any of the customers or members there if they make a paranoid, attacking, inaccurate assumption, or how it should have happened type post. I know it is happening and once it does I will be refreshed and restored. Another reason I haven't been on the forum is I have been told and have relayed so many different deadlines that I was tired of what I corresponded not being met and accurate. Also, PLEASE, PLEASE remember that the saiga-12 forum owner or staff are not at all responsible for any of the delays. Please try and not make their jobs and lives any harder than they already are. They too are worn thin over the subject and don't have the option of not reading the forum as I have done. They and the members are a great group of guys and don't deserve to be put out over this. Please remember that anybody that is unhappy has the option to cancel their order for a full refund. That is the only option I have available. If you want to keep your order please do it patiently and know that everything I have and am is going into getting your orders shipped.

Now for the update on production. Last Thursday and Friday, the 17th and 18th of July, production was being run. We have run a total of 120 drum bodies. The injecting company recommended stopping the drum body production to have some of the handloads Armaloy coated. The handloads are the 11 pieces of steel that form the tower of the drum. They said that the wear showing on three of the handloads would greatly reduce the life of these handloads if they wasn't hardened further. They should be ready to continue injecting the drum bodies next week sometime after the coating is complete. The other components of the drum like the cover, gear, and such is scheduled to start next week. These components are open shut molds and should be run simply and quickly. Regardless if the drum bodies are being injected again next week or not I am hoping to be able to at least ship the drums I can assembly with the 120 bodies that was made last week. Again, I don't have the other components to assembly the 120 drum bodies yet but hopefully will late next week. If I do have to start shipping the 120 before others bodies are being injected again they will be shipped to the first placed order back on August 15th of last year. And again, if so, just because you ordered on the first day, please don't automatically assume you are one of the first 120 ordered. A few hundred sold that day in just a few hours.

Again I am truly sorry this project has taken so long. I am truly sorry the projected deadlines was not able to be met. If you feel you need a way out of your order... just ask. If you want to keep your order... please except it for what it is and that I still can't give a solid shipping date.

And to the very large, vast, supporting majority of you that have waited patiently, some for over a year, I am deeply thankful and grateful. Drums will ship soon!

Thanks and All Apologizes, MikeD

The 120 completed bodies... 5 boxes, 24 each.

post-2662-1217029706_thumb.jpgpost-2662-1217029715_thumb.jpg

post-2662-1217029725_thumb.jpg

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike ,

i dont have a dog in this fight but i am out letting the worried people on a forum i frequent know what is going on and trying to sooth some feathers because i know what you are and have been up against :cryss: so keep on going and maybe some day i will order one if i can come up with the money :smoke:

Franks71vw orders have been identified and are being cancelled and refunded. Interesting enough I never received one request from him to cancel, only request was asking me to sell him more at the discounted price. Imagine that! He did have a couple different orders placed under two different names. Totaling 20 drums that will soon be added back to the my site. The first order was placed January 22nd and the second order was placed March 21st. Maybe on the second run Frank!

Excellent!

My conversion is about done now, I just need a handguard and muzzle device. I test fired it Sunday, it was great with the 10 rounder, but would have ROCKED with the drum.

Hopefully, the next time I shoot...but it is so stinking hot out now, it may be a while.

:up:

Franks71vw orders have been identified and are being cancelled and refunded. Interesting enough I never received one request from him to cancel, only request was asking me to sell him more at the discounted price. Imagine that! He did have a couple different orders placed under two different names. Totaling 20 drums that will soon be added back to the my site. The first order was placed January 22nd and the second order was placed March 21st. Maybe on the second run Frank!

Also.... Franks71vw ordered under Second Amendment Firearms! http://1919a4.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17331&page=2

Also.... Franks71vw ordered under Second Amendment Firearms! http://1919a4.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17331&page=2

Awesome. What a DOUCHEBAG!

I got tired of the whiners months ago and just quit reading the crybaby posts.

Anyone who has dealt with NFA, new production items or has common sense should understand that delays happen that are out of your control.

Mike, I hope you can figure out every one of the complainers and refund their orders.

If you have drums gathering dust just let the patient masses know and I am sure they will fly off the shelf.8)

Great news! Honestly I think most of the people (myself included) who were asking for a status or complaining would have been satisfied with an update such as this. Even a quick blurb once a month would have kept people at ease. I don't think everyone asking questions were 'whining' and I've seen lots of people get shouted down unfairly. With the new update, we can now all relax a bit.

Edited by Stealther

Mike,

Awesome job bro, got your back here in Texas. That fucker Frank got leaned on, for all of his bullshit. I even slapped him around over at Gunco, glad you found his bitch ass out. Now as before, Im just kickin back, waiting on them drums, beer in one hand, something soft, wet, and furry in the other. No worries mon.

Great news! Honestly I think most of the people (myself included) who were asking for a status or complaining would have been satisfied with an update such as this. Even a quick blurb once a month would have kept people at ease. I don't think everyone asking questions were 'whining' and I've seen lots of people get shouted down unfairly. With the new update, we can now all relax a bit.

I'm not going to start canceling like crazy or anything. I just found what Franks71vw from Second Amendment Firearms was doing to be completely unexecptable. Especailly when I double checked his orders and less than 50% of his total order amounts had been paid. And to quote him... he doesn't have nearly as many "dogs in this fight" as he claimed. And to try and openly tarnish me like he did everywhere he could... There is no way in hell he was keeping his order after that.

I do realize it has been a little over a month since my last update email and apologize. I was just trying to make sure it came with good news and was really hoping the other components would start this week. I had already had an update planned for today and it was totally over hauled after I was informed of the events today.

I hated to see Mike get run over by a bus so earlier today (After seeing a REALLY NASTY post) here by certain folks that decided to to bitch on other gunboards AND copy screenshots I did some investigating and found out who the bitchculprits are.

Thankfully the Moderators here and Mike have told these chronic whiners to go pump a gritty hole and Mike as he has stated has cancelled the whiners' orders.

MY thanks to those here that are registered on 1919a4.com and Gunco that put these whiners in their place.

And when I get my ONE drum I'll be the happiest Coastie on Earth.

Cobra, you are a Class Act.

Mike D. get-er-done then take a vacation. I recommend the Bahamas, and have a drink on me. Bill me now for all I care, I trust you :)