What scope are you using on your .308? im building a sudo-Saigunov right now and need some first hand references on POSP scopes. i haven't the first clue on which one to get, let alone what power and from who. i just want it to look somewhat authentic.

ANY INPUT WILL HELP

What scope are you using on your .308? im building a sudo-Saigunov right now and need some first hand references on POSP scopes. i haven't the first clue on which one to get, let alone what power and from who. i just want it to look somewhat authentic.

ANY INPUT WILL HELP

i went with the 8x42. through tantal's. email him and he will send you info on all the scopes available. good luck

post-7934-1217045216_thumb.jpg

2.5-10 x 42 illuminated IOR w/ MP8 FFP reticle on IOR VEPR side mount.

It's Romanian (eastern bloc)

guido2 in Houston

Badass guido2! Let's see photos!

Hello, us_dragunov

I tried to capture an angle showing how the IOR mount sets the scope low and centered over the receiver. The dustcover can be removed, but just barely. I've never had an issue with losing zero when removing/replacing the mount, however.

-When you're 52 with "marginal" eyes, good glass is not a luxury!

guido2 in Houston

post-3965-1217155372_thumb.jpg

post-3965-1217155637_thumb.jpg

post-3965-1217155393_thumb.jpg

post-3965-1217155413_thumb.jpg

Google "automats in action" and you'll get Tantal's site that has loads of pics & info.

LG

Tantal has an interesting scope, 1P21, has anyone tried one? I emailed him for a price a couple of days ago but so far no response.

1p21_500.jpg

I've got a 2-6x24 POSP, on my .308, and absolutely love it.

Saiga1.JPG

The 1P21 is a TANK! Its a very cool scope, and calibrated for 7.62x54R, but I think more suited for a PKM than a Saiga. It must weigh close to 3 pounds. Here is mine on my PSL......too much scope for the rifle, but very interesting features (Automatic bullet-drop compensation as you zoom).

328153ddf24b3c01524cfcf3525704fd0fe2237.JPG

I've got a 2-6x24 POSP, on my .308, and absolutely love it.

Saiga1.JPG

The 1P21 is a TANK! Its a very cool scope, and calibrated for 7.62x54R, but I think more suited for a PKM than a Saiga. It must weigh close to 3 pounds. Here is mine on my PSL......too much scope for the rifle, but very interesting features (Automatic bullet-drop compensation as you zoom).

328153ddf24b3c01524cfcf3525704fd0fe2237.JPG

HOLY SHIT...that things HUGE

• 4 years later...