Hey, Cobra. . .or whomsoever, I have been trying to upload pics to my own album, but the pics won't upload. It's been a while since I have been on the forum, so. . .is there something I need to do that I didn't a year ago? I click on the "add image" button, the I select the image from my computer, and then, after a bit of a wait, I get a blank page and no image was uploaded. Has the process changed?

I apologize for posting this dipzoid post here, but I could not find a link for such problems. Please help.

Thanks bros.

Welcome back. Boy did you drop back in at a busy time...

Ya need to make sure the images are not bigger than say...800 pixles, or 100KB I think it is. You should be getting an error message saying that.

One way to post them is to upload them to a hosting site like "Photobucket", then link to them using that Image tag button.

The way I do it is click the "Browse" button, and then upload the already resized images straight from my hard drive.

I use a program called Picasa (free download) to import, edit, and resize them.

I'm moving this post out of the 12 ga section. I think we even have a sticky already about this.

Welcome back. Boy did you drop back in at a busy time...

Ya need to make sure the images are not bigger than say...800 pixles, or 100KB I think it is. You should be getting an error message saying that.

One way to post them is to upload them to a hosting site like "Photobucket", then link to them using that Image tag button.

The way I do it is click the "Browse" button, and then upload the already resized images straight from my hard drive.

I use a program called Picasa (free download) to import, edit, and resize them.

I'm moving this post out of the 12 ga section. I think we even have a sticky already about this.

Thanks bro. But I have not exceded the size you mentioned, and I cannot figure out to save my life how to post on photobucket. I have an account, but there is NO link for "upload." So, I can't figure out how to upload without a link. Thanks though. If you can help, please do.

Thanks much

You can use a pulldown menu in the upper left, or the clickable links in the middle of the screen. See image below, and arrows pointing to where I am referring to.

by the way, check the dimension on my image I attached here......My image KB size is larger than regular members, as a business member, I think, as well, but I cannot access a test account I used to use when I worked here to look at effects of changes and such that were made to the site and users, as well as other differences in account use, so I cannot say what your settings are as a regular user any more.

I do know that I had problems uploading ANY images, as I had been here since practically the beginning of this site, and as updates were made, some things were garbled, or did not transfer over, or something that has been ironed out since then, and I couldnt post ANY images. Im not sure it it was fixed in the database by hand by Makc or what.

Hope this helps.

post-83-1217302748_thumb.jpg

Hey, Cobra. . .or whomsoever, I have been trying to upload pics to my own album, but the pics won't upload. It's been a while since I have been on the forum, so. . .is there something I need to do that I didn't a year ago? I click on the "add image" button, the I select the image from my computer, and then, after a bit of a wait, I get a blank page and no image was uploaded. Has the process changed?

I apologize for posting this dipzoid post here, but I could not find a link for such problems. Please help.

Thanks bros.

You could have a firewall blocking the upload (java script execution), we just when through this issue with 1911. When you are trying to upload, do you have a little sign in the left bottom corner of the browser window that says java script error? What kind of the anti-virus/firewall software do you have?