Im thinking down the road a bit about getting a diff upper in another caliber, BESIDES PRICE of ammo....which would you guys/gals get?? We all know the lethality of the x39 in close quarters use. The 6.8 of course is the "midrange" designed for accuracy and punch....although not quit the punch of the x39, its an improvement over 5.56.

Opinions??

http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=105850810

this is the only thing i would buy. i was just looking at these tonightand talking to Manta abiut them...i DONT LIKE AR's, but this is the only AR "style" i would get...since it IS a .308 and all...i hear they like to jam....hmmmm....typical AR....

you will need a different lower (AR10) for a 308 upper.

I would go with a 6.8 spc, .458 socom or a 50 cal Beowulf. 762x39 you will do best with a saiga.

SWEET!!!!! Did not know that.So are the mags modified AR mags?

all you need is a 5.56 lower, infact there is no such thing as a 6.8 lower.

Do you need a 6.8 lower? Can you use a 5.56 lower?
I priced out a complete 6.8 upper w/ accessories I can offer you from LMT. See PDF

no they are specifically made for the 6.8, it just they fit the same in the lower.

SWEET!!!!! Did not know that.So are the mags modified AR mags?
all you need is a 5.56 lower, infact there is no such thing as a 6.8 lower.

Do you need a 6.8 lower? Can you use a 5.56 lower?
I priced out a complete 6.8 upper w/ accessories I can offer you from LMT. See PDF

• 2 weeks later...

leo@VKA mentioned the .50 Beowolf and the .450- and it turns out Cabelas has assembled uppers free floated barrels and magazines for about $750.00 as well as the .204 which is my personal favorite. The .50 Beowolf kit is from Alexander arms and the .450 is from Bushmaster. The .204 is from DPMS and I am using the same basic configuration with a high rise upper. It consisantly shoots .5" groups and I hate to say it but I was in the middle of a Saiga .308 conversion when I first shot this and never touched the .308 again- it's still in the closet ready for the trigger to be installed.

RSH

well, if i was going to go bigger, .308, cheaper and more easily accessible then 6.8, but I HATE DI uppers, if you can afford it, get a piston upper in 6.8 or .308 or even X39....DI has really put a bad taste in my mouth, i cleaned my old DI gun thoroughly after every shoot but i felt it wouldn't do the job if i really needed it....i won't ever have a DI system again

• 3 weeks later...