Centerfire Update

i called Centerfire today...guess what? well i was told NO MATTER IF YOU PAID FOR IT IN ADVANCE EVERYONE IS PAYING THE PRICE LISTED ON THE WEBSTIE. they are $530+shipping...mine was $15 so THAT wasn't bad. so if you think you beat the crowd and got a deal...THINK AGAIN. its all about supply and demand folks...they got us right where they want us. be willing to fork out the ca$h because i tried my damnedest to get the listed price from way back in March...the prices Centerfire is getting them for went up also, they cant just give them away...

there it is, take it for what its worth...

There probably are laws against bait and switch, but they may not apply in this instance. I'm not a lawyer, but if Centerfire was getting them for, say, $300 and selling them for, say, $399, and this shipment comes in costing them say, $450, and they now want $530, I don't think that classifies as bait and switch. After all, like Sicktooth said, they ain't gonna give them away. The price increase was unforseeable at the time of the pre-orders for this shipment.

It sucks, but it is what it is.

I am not sure if this counts as bait and switch or not. You would have to prove that they had never intended to honor the given price which may or may not be difficult to do.

However, if you paid for these in advance with a check, then US contract law clearly applies. As soon as they cash the check then a "contract to sell" has been established which has a hard and fast agreed-upon price. If they break that contract, they may then be liable for loss of "opportunity cost" as well. Since they send flyers to my house, that becomes a solicitation to sell which means my local County has juridiction for the case. They would be absolutely stupid to not honor the price for those that have pre-paid since the cost of defending the lawsuites remotely would be highly cost prohibitive.

As for those that just gave them their credit card number with instructions to charge it when the rifles shipped, not sure what the legal ramifications of that are. You might be SOL.

Standard BS Disclaimer: This is not intended to be legal advice. Talk to your local money-grubbing-bottom-feeder if you want real advice or head to your local law library and get the same info for free :devil:

I cant tell you all the actual price on the 12's to me as a distributor, but there is NO WAY with the new price schedule that the distributors did not have until just recently, that they can sell at 399.

I am not sure if this counts as bait and switch or not. You would have to prove that they had never intended to honor the given price which may or may not be difficult to do.

However, if you paid for these in advance with a check, then US contract law clearly applies. As soon as they cash the check then a "contract to sell" has been established which has a hard and fast agreed-upon price. If they break that contract, they may then be liable for loss of "opportunity cost" as well. Since they send flyers to my house, that becomes a solicitation to sell which means my local County has juridiction for the case. They would be absolutely stupid to not honor the price for those that have pre-paid since the cost of defending the lawsuites remotely would be highly cost prohibitive.

As for those that just gave them their credit card number with instructions to charge it when the rifles shipped, not sure what the legal ramifications of that are. You might be SOL.

Standard BS Disclaimer: This is not intended to be legal advice. Talk to your local money-grubbing-bottom-feeder if you want real advice or head to your local law library and get the same info for free :devil:

+1 on the LOC. I personally think that opinion is accurate. If they cashed it, it should be a deal and would cost them more in court (interstate commerce and small claims wouldnt be cheap) to argue against the agreement (unless they had a disclaimer or something). If its a hold, its like in escrow and either party should be able to back out if the circumstances change from the original deal.

As for proving a bait and switch...probably not that hard. Just show the advertisement and the disclaimers (if any). Thats shows the intent "at the time" of sale.

Most people work through this type stuff though....its minor really. All depends on how they worded the deal.

IF your check bounced, you could be sure they'd go after what you "owe" them (which could involve LOC as well)

Blah...Either way.... $530 is still a great deal on one. Its principle though.

Edited by whatmanual

Funny... $530 for a $350 gun. Someone making a little along the way? Can't be THAT much more to manufacture these today as they were a year ago. Looks like short shipping is creating more demand by limiting supply. Sure enough... Saigas are entering the world of Beanie Babies.

I have one on order with them and am considering just letting it go. Anyone want it? $600. LMAO :money:

I was looking at an auction on Ebay the other day, and it was in Canada. It was for like 30 bucks canadian, and I though ok, thats about 20 US, not bad.......... I was shocked to see that there was less than 20 cents difference between the Canadian cost and what it would cost in US dollars. The dollar is hurting right now.