What is the BEST finish?

Guys what is your opinion about Gun kote? How it compairs against moly resin? I need to refinish some receivers which have been welded and then parkerized and now the welded areas appear shadowy or darker because of the different filling. Thks...

Joe

We have been using Norrells exclusively for 2 years, everything Tony said has been my experience as well. I refinished one of my machineguns with Norrells over fresh park, I didn't think it would survive the heat but 3-4k rnds later it doesn't look any different.

Norrells is good stuff

So how exactly does Cerakote bond to the parent metal? The Cerakote has my interest. As I understand it that there are two types. A room temperature cure and a thermal cure?

I have used Duracoat and Norrels and Gunkote and Industrial Hard Chrome. It has been my experience that Norrels and Gunkote (both fine coatings) are very similar in make up and characteristics. Duracoat is as mentioned two part epoxy paint and it is quite durable only because it seems to go on thicker. Industrial hard Chrome is the end all be all of Fire Arms finishes but it is quite permanent. If you need to do any work on the gun, you have to have it electrically "un plated."

IPSC_GUY

SIERRA II ALPHA

member3941.png