So how many of us saiga owners also own .50's (BMG)???

I'm currently trying to haggle with a guy over his Anzio 50 single shot. $2200 a good price? I really want in on this .50bmg stuff before its banned. Have you seen Anzio Ironworks mag fed 20mm?

post-6253-1217422442_thumb.jpg

I dont know anything about that mag fed 20mm, but it looks like a fine firearm. I like tactical type 50's ("easy" to transport), that thing doesnt look so easy to carry around.

2200 for an anzio might seam a little steap to me. if it comes with a scope and some ammo then not too bad of a deal, but if thats gun only, i think it might be a little much. brand new i think they are currently 2k-2400. 2 years ago when our money was worth more, they were also all over GB and i think they were down to 1400-1800. so thats probably what that guy paid. like I said, if thats a package, its a dair price, if its not then keep looking or see if he will come down to about what he paid.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have one yet, but I sure would like to get one before it's too late.

Here's one that a friend of mine built. It's a BLAST to shoot! He's got another one he built on an AK Receiver that is totally BA! He doesn't take it out as much because of the huge heavy barrel and tripod, but it was the first one I ever shot and I think I like that one better. But of course....it's an AK! (well sorta..)

Anyway here's his "little .50"

post-1293-1217597037_thumb.jpg

This is a pretty cool pic of one of my buddies firing it for the first time. I love the way that thing clears every bit of debris in a ten foot circle around the shooter! Stand behind it around ten feet back, and it feels like it blows you back too. I can't imagine what that 20mm must be like! He really enjoys letting other people shoot it and filming them. Hopefully one day I'll get those videos....hint hint... :blush:

post-1293-1217597134_thumb.jpg

I don't have one yet, but I sure would like to get one before it's too late.

Here's one that a friend of mine built. It's a BLAST to shoot! He's got another one he built on an AK Receiver that is totally BA! He doesn't take it out as much because of the huge heavy barrel and tripod, but it was the first one I ever shot and I think I like that one better. But of course....it's an AK! (well sorta..)

Anyway here's his "little .50"

post-1293-1217597037_thumb.jpg

This is a pretty cool pic of one of my buddies firing it for the first time. I love the way that thing clears every bit of debris in a ten foot circle around the shooter! Stand behind it around ten feet back, and it feels like it blows you back too. I can't imagine what that 20mm must be like! He really enjoys letting other people shoot it and filming them. Hopefully one day I'll get those videos....hint hint... :blush:

post-1293-1217597134_thumb.jpg

Ya, half the fun of owning one is letting other people shoot them. My favorite "tragets" to shoot are those small disposable camping propane cylinders. walmart usually has em an sale 2 for $4. I take one of those and tape a piece of 1 inch thick steel plate to it. then shoot it with API. that thick plate lights the api up and lights the propane. makes for about a 7-8ft dia fireball. add a garbage bag of stoich mixed oxy/acetaline over the propane tank and you have some seriouse hardkore american freedom going on. hahahaha.

CJG

Wow that does sound fun. :devil: I'll tell him about that. We were mainly blasting gallon water jugs for cheap easy reactive targets. Funniest thing I ever shot with it was this huge pumpkin that I cut a small hole in the top and filled with water. That thing made the prettiest 25 foot orange halo I ever saw..lol. Got that on video, it was awesome.

Speaking of shooting steel with it, here are some pics of a bullet he managed to stop with a chunk of steel.

The clean pass through was a miss on the first plate (he had them stacked). It landed safely in the backstop.

The one that hit lower pierced the first plate and stuck in the second. Pretty awesome firepower. :eek:

post-1293-1217599547_thumb.jpg

post-1293-1217599593_thumb.jpg

post-1293-1217599614_thumb.jpg

post-1293-1217599708_thumb.jpg

post-1293-1217599719_thumb.jpg

I have the Barrett 82A1. My wife got it for my birthday this year..... It was a complete surprise, although I had dreamed of owning one for over 3 years. We went to the gun shop to get some ammo. As we were leaving she went back in to see if she could "use their bathroom" and came back out with 2 guys carrying large boxes... The gun store guys were as wide eyed as I was when I opened the case..

It was a good deal CDNN had a package that included the Barrett 82A1, Swarovski 10X Scope, cleaning kit, hearing protection, 80 rounds of ammo and a HK calender for $8500 delivered.. Also came with a coupon to get another 10rd mag from Barrett for free..

When I told my dad I was getting married, he said "It will either be the best thing for you or the worst thing for you. No middle of the road with marriage".

I'm sure I made the correct decision...

Cobra 76 two,

that "home made " looks too much like a Ligmac Ultralite 50 AR upper with a harris bopod

the "build " is push the two pins on the AR lower out , probly a new hammer and spring and push the pins back in now you have a 50

it is not nice to try and fool a pro :nonono:

Edited by belt fed frog
I have the Barrett 82A1. My wife got it for my birthday this year..... It was a complete surprise, although I had dreamed of owning one for over 3 years. We went to the gun shop to get some ammo. As we were leaving she went back in to see if she could "use their bathroom" and came back out with 2 guys carrying large boxes... The gun store guys were as wide eyed as I was when I opened the case..

It was a good deal CDNN had a package that included the Barrett 82A1, Swarovski 10X Scope, cleaning kit, hearing protection, 80 rounds of ammo and a HK calender for $8500 delivered.. Also came with a coupon to get another 10rd mag from Barrett for free..

When I told my dad I was getting married, he said "It will either be the best thing for you or the worst thing for you. No middle of the road with marriage".

Evidently you did make the correct decision! That's one heck of a birthday present!

Boy I can see I'm hanging out with a crowd with some deep pockets!

My converted S12 and my Romak 3 are the most expensive weapons I will ever own, and are the most expensive weapons that anyone I know have ever been around.

Oh well, at least I got to play with some fun stuff while I was in the Army.

She have a sister?

You guys have all seen this BS right? The infamous "heat seeking bullets" idiocy? Can't remember if this was already posted on this forum or not. Stupid politicos.

Cuz apparently, "incediary"="heat seeking". :scorn:

Oh and I love that opening splash graphic: ".50 caliber terror!" with the pic of the Barrett and a jetliner in crosshairs. Such pathetic fear-mongering.

ChevyMan: You lucky SOB.

Edited by DistalRadius

My converted S12 and my Romak 3 are the most expensive weapons I will ever own, and are the most expensive weapons that anyone I know have ever been around.

One mans floor is another mans ceiling. No matter who you are or how many toys you have there is always somebody above you. Paul said that he had learned to be happy no matter what state he was in. (I guess that includes NY :) )

Great B-day giht Chevyman. Did you have to earn the money for her to get it for you? :lolol: That's how it works here and it works mighty well!

Cobra 76 two,

that "home made " looks too much like a Ligmac Ultralite 50 AR upper with a harris bopod

the "build " is push the two pins on the AR lower out , probly a new hammer and spring and push the pins back in now you have a 50

it is not nice to try and fool a pro :nonono:

Siwwy wabbit! Twix are for kids!

My mistake, I know he built the AK one, so I assumed he had custom built this one too when he said the barrel came from overseas somewhere. I wish I could get him to join up here and post some stuff. He's got some really cool toyz. :smoke:

post-1293-1217609999_thumb.jpg

Cobra 76 two

see if he will let you take some pic i would be Veeery interesed, there are some very cool homemade designed actions out there and i would be intresed on his design solution ,making an action is not an easy task .

what you guys and gals are to AK`s and Siaga`s i am to everything 50 BMG rifle or beltfed .

you friends barrel is more than likely than not a Lothar Walther from Germany

Edited by belt fed frog

I believe he did say it came from Germany. Yes I've been trying to get pics of the AK-50 from him for a few years now...lol...and the video of the pumpkin blast. I only see him when we get together for the big shoots and he always has a different new toy to bring. The barrel on that AK one is about 4 to 5 feet long and around 2 inches diameter, from what I remember, with a big tank brake on it. The tripod is also huge so he doesn't take it out too much. It's got a removable stock and a PG with a big scope on it. The breech unscrews from the rear for each shot. I'll bug him some more and see if he will send me some pics.

One mans floor is another mans ceiling.

How very true 1911, but it sucks living under the 12 illegal immigrants that rented the basement of the outhouse and subleased me THEIR basement! :lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

At least I can laugh about it.

Like I said, I got to play with some neat stuff in the Army, it wasnt mine but it still went BOOM for me :) From a Abrams with 105mm cannon inc M240 MG and M2 machine gun and then on to M728 Combat Engineer Vehicle (CEV) with 165mm demolition cannon w/machineguns to 40 lb C4 cratering charges, 75mm recoilless rifles, and bangalore torpedoes in the guard.

Ahhhhh the good old days. :super::super::super:

And I really do enjoy watching you guys with the great toys. Just makes me a little wistful is all.

She have a sister?

Nope... She's an only child... If she had a sister, I convert to Mormon and marry her too.... lol

One mans floor is another mans ceiling. No matter who you are or how many toys you have there is always somebody above you. Paul said that he had learned to be happy no matter what state he was in. (I guess that includes NY :) )

Great B-day giht Chevyman. Did you have to earn the money for her to get it for you? :lolol: That's how it works here and it works mighty well!

Well, we both work so it all comes out of one pool of $$... We've spent a lot restoring her 72 Chevelle convertible. Maybe she wanted to even the score. But seriously, I got it as an investment I can play with. I dont see the prices of them going down anytime soon.

I dont have deep pockets,i just had to sell off a few other guns that werent as worthy of the 50BMG....I figure nows the time to get one...and the Bohica was priced right for what it is :devil: I already had the AR15 lower and stock so that helps. The company that i bought my AP ammo was $2.35 a round,which is a pretty good price,ive paid close to that for 50 AE,.500mag and 300 WSM rounds.

At least you gyus can get .50 ammo, my gun store hasnt had any 75mm ammo since 1945!post-12042-1217408028_thumb.jpg

Nice howitzer, Italian? Japanese?

its ww2 japanese, it was left on rabaul island after the japs got what was coming to them, it eventually found its way to new zealand.

Edited by second shooter

Thats the same 50 I have. How many rounds do you have through yours? any issues? Mine was really close in price to your but came with the leupold mark 4 4.5x14. all the same accesories, but i didnt get the case of ammo. Thats a reasonable price you paid for that. So far i have not gotton mine to a long range yet, but I hope to in the next couple months, I am like you, bought it for investment purposes but also a toy in the meantime.

CJG

50's are my favorite iron by far. Current collection consists of a Maadi Griffin, McBros Tac-50, Barrett-82A1, Barrett CQ, 2-M2HB's, 3-M3HB's. The attached video link has shots of a few of my favorite fast shooters but FA Ma Deuce is the star of the show. It's an addiction. Once you go over to the 50BMG darkside, there is no going back :horror:

http://media.putfile.com/MGSHOOT

Edited by jerrytofdallas
50's are my favorite iron by far. Current collection consists of a Maadi Griffin, McBros Tac-50, Barrett-82A1, Barrett CQ, 2-M2HB's, 3-M3HB's. The attached video link has shots of a few of my favorite fast shooters but FA Ma Deuce is the star of the show. It's an addiction. Once you go over to the 50BMG darkside, there is no going back :horror:

I know what your talking about... You have a very nice collection, I bought the barrett last year, and then wanted something a little more accurate, so thats when i ordered the EDM windrunner this year. And I cant make up my mind if i should get a M2HB or not. If i had one of those i would pretty much have it covered. ultimate accuracy to something that really throws it out there. I could not afford to feed the belt fed .50 that much ammo, but then again i keep thinking about the investment side of it. Your M2's and M3's, did you build those or have them built? TNW or KMP triggers in those? If I am going to get a semi M2 I think i would have the guy at KMP build it since CWA seams to be out of the business currently.

CJG

I know what your talking about... You have a very nice collection, I bought the barrett last year, and then wanted something a little more accurate, so thats when i ordered the EDM windrunner this year. And I cant make up my mind if i should get a M2HB or not. If i had one of those i would pretty much have it covered. ultimate accuracy to something that really throws it out there. I could not afford to feed the belt fed .50 that much ammo, but then again i keep thinking about the investment side of it. Your M2's and M3's, did you build those or have them built? TNW or KMP triggers in those? If I am going to get a semi M2 I think i would have the guy at KMP build it since CWA seams to be out of the business currently.

CJG

Thank you. 1 TNW M2HB, 1 KMP M2HB, 2 CWA M3HB's with KMP internals, 1 John McGuire M3HB with KMP internals. John McGuire is a personal friend, so to avoid any bias I'll reference a quote from Hunter on M2HB.net forum that I agree with 100%.

JerryT

M2HB.net forum Quote:

06-15-2008, 09:45 AM

Hunter

Senior Member Join Date: Mar 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The M2HB is indeed the heavy ground version and the M3AC is the lighter AC version. However, true M2HB kits are almost extinct (looking at $5500+ for parts alone these days if you do find a set). So what has been occuring is taking the M3AC kits and putting on the M2HB barrel/support front end, putting on modified "M3" spade grips and M2HB sights. Doing this one ends up with what has been called M3HBs. Functionally the same as the M2HB, but does use M3 internal parts. M3AC kits are in the $3500-$4000 range (still need RHSP, machine work, and rivits).

For builders, TNW and Allied are really the only two large commercial operations running a business on these guns. The next outfit is Cental Wisconsin Armory (CWA) http://www.dragonm50.com/index.html , but the owner is on duty in Iraq presently. But his work is unapproachable and far above TNW / AA quality service. The next inline is John McQuire wcrifleclub@blomand.net who is a builder of top reputation for the 1919's; M2hb; M3HB weapons. He is a one man shop and it takes a while (months), but his work is also at the top end and in the same class as Ed's at CWA. Just doesn't get any better than these two guys. Both of these guys charge $1000-$1200 to just build your kit on your RHSP.

The last builder to consider is Sam Alvarez at T&S but he only builds on his own 100% RHSP and they are the cat's meow as well (right there with Halo's in fit/finish/engraving) but he also adds induction harding as the orginal GI plates were done. His costs are also 2x others. Since these are semi-auto and use 4140 steel, the extra harding of the plates tail ends are not necessary, but Sam is of a different opinion and his are the most faithful reproduction to the USGI original specs. He also only produces small runs and it may take months before he makes a run of plates. http://www.99main.com/~heavymg/

Hunter

I have the 82CQ version. They are expensive, but their are some sellers out there that will work with you as far as payment options. I have a really understanding wife. I still need to mount some glass but I don't need a scope for a thousand yard plus range. I just plan on plinking at around 300 to 600 meters.

post-1182-1217822548_thumb.jpg

White 3 Golf....check into the Super Sniper scopes.There rated for 50BMG and were originally contracted for the Navy i believe.I know alot of guys use them,can be had in 10x,16x,20x..and run around $300 bucks from S.W.F.A

I have the 82CQ version. They are expensive, but their are some sellers out there that will work with you as far as payment options. I have a really understanding wife. I still need to mount some glass but I don't need a scope for a thousand yard plus range. I just plan on plinking at around 300 to 600 meters.

post-1182-1217822548_thumb.jpg

Damm man, why the glum look? If I had that rifle I would have a shit eating grin from ear to ear :haha::haha::haha: