Anyone have this? Tapco PG....The 20 rd. Surefire works Flawless.....

How can I tighten up the Tapco, it just sits & spins on the diff. set holes - I have it all the way out...Is there a way to tighten the little set screw so it doesn't move a little like it does?

post-7063-1217558091_thumb.jpg

Edit: BTW, I blew a guy away w/ an AR on the range today as I was breaking in the new Saiga....he was from Germany, my new .223 just blew him out of the water - we both had Irons - I was doing 1 1/2 " groups, (50 yds.) he was all over the place with the AR....LOL....

post-7063-1217557991_thumb.jpg

Edited by BullShark012
Anyone have this? Tapco PG....The 20 rd. Surefire works Flawless.....

How can I tighten up the Tapco, it just sits & spins on the diff. set holes - I have it all the way out...Is there a way to tighten the little set screw so it doesn't move a little like it does?

post-7063-1217558091_thumb.jpg

Edit: BTW, I blew a guy away w/ an AR on the range today as I was breaking in the new Saiga....he was from Germany, my new .223 just blew him out of the water - we both had Irons - I was doing 1 1/2 " groups, (50 yds.) he was all over the place with the AR....LOL....

can you clarify your question, what spins?

Screws coming lose, your best bet is blue loctite, if you want to take out the play in the length adjustments of the collapsable stock . disassemble stock and clean it with a solvent and then fill the position holes with epoxy. let cure, and then dill out the wholes with a higher tolerance to the locking pin.

Yes, it's the tolerance on the locking pin holes for the length adjustment. There is a little play there that allows it to wiggle back and forth about 1/8" or so and it makes some noise I'd like to eliminate as well. I was thinking the little screw on the end of the set pin could be tighted down, but it seems to just spin the pin and not tighten it.

Yes, it's the tolerance on the locking pin holes for the length adjustment. There is a little play there that allows it to wiggle back and forth about 1/8" or so and it makes some noise I'd like to eliminate as well. I was thinking the little screw on the end of the set pin could be tighted down, but it seems to just spin the pin and not tighten it.

yeah the screw doesn't tight it. you could either mod what you have like i mentioned above or buy a higher grade component.

Tapco isn't bad, it just not as nice as more expensive parts

disassemble stock and clean it with a solvent and then fill the position holes with epoxy. let cure, and then dill out the wholes with a higher tolerance to the locking pin.

Thanks, Leo...say do you know how to take that stock apart? The only screw I see is that same one on the adj. mechanism that just spins with the holding bushing...there is a tiny slot in the side just below the screw head, not sure what that's for??? (maybe insert something to hold the bushing and then back out the screw??) (My 1st time to use this type of stock.....)

yeah the screw doesn't tight it. you could either mod what you have like i mentioned above or buy a higher grade component.

The thing is. . .

. . . . a milspec no-name buttstock assembly + AK to AR adapter isn't that much more (if not less, depending on where you buy your stuff) than the Crapco T6.

The thing is. . .

. . . . a milspec no-name buttstock assembly + AK to AR adapter isn't that much more (if not less, depending on where you buy your stuff) than the Crapco T6.

okay, I get it. you don't like tapco

Well, I've already spent $100 on the 'Crapco' ...( It did screw right on BTW, with a little TLC...) Now I want to make it alittle better so it doesn't have that play in the position settings once it 'locks' in .... So how do I remove that screw that seems to be holding it all together??

I like the feel & look of the stock other than that.

disassemble stock and clean it with a solvent and then fill the position holes with epoxy. let cure, and then dill out the wholes with a higher tolerance to the locking pin.

Thanks, Leo...say do you know how to take that stock apart? The only screw I see is that same one on the adj. mechanism that just spins with the holding bushing...there is a tiny slot in the side just below the screw head, not sure what that's for??? (maybe insert something to hold the bushing and then back out the screw??) (My 1st time to use this type of stock.....)

I'll take my camera to my shop and take photos and do a write up on how to take a t6 part. I sell tapco, but I also sell Ace Stocks which are much nicer.

grab the spring loaded leaver with a pair of pliers and pull down until you reach the stop, then slide off to the rear of the gun.

Oh, and yes - I use tapco on my personal gun.

223 heavy pinned barrel version.

Arsenal FCG

Tapco Stainless steel piston

Tapco T6 Stock

Tapco fore grip

Ergo Grip

11 degree target crown

14x1 LH threads

YHM crush washer

Tapco ak74 style break

an Old steel Surefire Saiga Magazine

pivot pin holes are welded an blended.

my finish on the bolt carriage is high polished black oxide

the gun finish is hi-temp black paint .

Tapco stocks aren't bad and I am willing to put my money on it

Order either a conversion or a complete rifle from my website with a Tapco Stock and mention this post, I will:

Discount $29.99 for the AK Original Style Buttstock

Discount $49.99 AK Folding Stock

Discount $49.99 AK T6 Collapsible Stock

These discounts make the tapco sock free with your purchase. So if you don't like it, you can take it off and try something else and it cost you nothing.

www.vikingkittyarmory.com

grab the spring loaded leaver with a pair of pliers and pull down until you reach the stop, then slide off to the rear of the gun.

Thanks, prob. was I was pushing up on the lever like you do to re-set to a diff. length.

Pulling Down recesses the pin enough to slide it right off - didn't even need the pliers.

Edited by BullShark012
if you want to take out the play in the length adjustments of the collapsable stock . disassemble stock and clean it with a solvent and then fill the position holes with epoxy. let cure, and then dill out the wholes with a higher tolerance to the locking pin.

Well Leo, I tried the Epoxy solution - NOT THE WAY TO GO. It doesn't solve the prob. Reason is, come to find out, most of the 'play' is in the LEVER mechanism - Not much you can do about that!

And on top of that, someone might get Injured on Recoil, thinking they fixed it ok if they try this!

I was checking the secureness after even drilling the holes back out to orig. dimensions and if you didn't get it back just right, you can slam your hand against the stock & It will Collapse! (I can just see someone with a huge cut on their eye or forehead, especially if they had a scope mounted if they/I had fired it!)

Don't try this at home kids......

Edit: Leo, it did tighted up the slop just a little though, Thanks good try....

Edited by BullShark012

The thing is. . .

This is the one from CAA. It's got the right trunion cut built in for AK and the extension tube is aluminum. It feels like you are holding something meant to be on a rifle

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa91/dy...on/100_0610.jpg

This is the one from CAA. It's got the right trunion cut built in for AK and the extension tube is aluminum. It feels like you are holding something meant to be on a rifle

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa91/dy...on/100_0610.jpg

.... but it's not US made.

As long as you don't use any other foreign-made parts in the rest of your conversion, then you don't need it to be US made to be compliant.

And having had a TAPCO T6 and the CAA stock (currently on both my Saigas) the difference is worth it to have an Israeli-made stock on your Russian rifle in the US!

Jim

The CAA is nice, but doesn't fit the 'Non-Conversion' Plan.

On the Tapco T6, It can also be alittle weak in the PG area - it may start to wiggle some (they only use a small dia. wood srew to secure it to the trunion area of the plastic Tapco.) I would suggest anyone using this stock, to put some contact cement on the contact points of the PG to the Tapco - do this after using it once, so you will know what I mean.

Edit: to tell you the truth, I like the Tapco (sort of), but I'd spend about $30 more and get the ACE Non-Folder (unless you can afford, or want, the Folder for $185) If you are putting this on a 7.62.

The recoil on the 7.62 will prob. be too much for the Tapco (crapco) in the long run. I have the ACE Folder on my 7.62, and the Tapco on the .223. The ACE is solid and all US, Tapco is a little weak and all US. But I'll make the Tapco work on my .223 - I like it for the .223. (But if I had to do it over again, I'd just spend $30 more and get an ACE Non-Folder for the .223, I know it would last)

Edited by BullShark012