anyone ever refinish a glock?

bought a 27 parts gun everything is great but what i usually use is aluma hyde 2 and it wont cover tenifer finish.. which is a teflon so considering a bake on teflon or a long day of bead blasting which i dont think is going to go deap enough into the slide.. any ideas?backup planis to maybe just hard chrome the dam thing.

bought a 27 parts gun everything is great but what i usually use is aluma hyde 2 and it wont cover tenifer finish.. which is a teflon so considering a bake on teflon or a long day of bead blasting which i dont think is going to go deap enough into the slide.. any ideas?backup planis to maybe just hard chrome the dam thing.

Whats wrong with the tennifer

The black color you see is just an oxide coating over the Tennifer. Tennifer is a surface hardening procedure, and goes down into the metal a few thousandths of an inch. It is so dense that it resists rusting just fine all by itself.

I have Duracoated a Glock, slide and all, but it was for the shop to sell, so I haven't been using it.

• 3 weeks later...

well i have tried aluma hyde 2 and it peeled right off... i have now bead blasted the sucker and duracoated it... it dont like that finish either so it went back to the blasting bin... so now i got the great idea of dumping it into the parkerizing tank.. guess what it took got a nice fuzzy matte black finish.. i am no metal expert but what i am thinking is that the tenifer hardening and parkerizing is somewhat similar to the original garand hardness with the 8620 steel used in the receivers. so after cleaning degreasing and several bead lblasts,, and a nice park bath the finish came out just about like my original garands with a nice deep coal black finish... actually an armorer refinish in the 50's i think.. my other m1's have the grey anyway the parkerizing stuck and i am at the point that it aint broke so i am done fixing,,, took it to the range and ran about 400 rounds through it finish is still there through muzzle blast and heat so .. . i 'm done...shoulda just parked the dam thing to begin with.....although the paints i was trying do adhere well to pakerizing , hmmmmm? should i?

If it's a flashy "gat" look your goin' fer Aro-tek does all kinds of "trick" work to Glocks including refinishing and "custom" porting. My buddy has a G21 that cost 1800$ that he uses for duty. I think a Glock is pretty much perfect from the factory. A bit of trigger tuning and night sights is about all it should need. There's somthing to be said for beautiful simplicity.