100yd range report

hey guys, I'm sure this has been posted before, but maybe we should do it again?

anyone care to post pics of there range results?

I don't have a scope mounted yet. I'm waiting for DPH arms to release the new beryl rail, apon which I will mount my newly aquiured millet dms. So I'm using my irons till then.

last weekend I went out and shot my converted 16"x39 at the 100 yd range, using golden tiger ammo.

So I'm kinda near sighted, and at 100 yds the target looks like a blurry black dot. needless to say I can't tell if I've hit anything until they let us go up and check the target. I have to admit I was surprised when I saw this! I can't wait til I get the scope on there and see what it can really do!

100yds-irons.jpg

anyone else have any pics?

thanks,

r

Actually, I'd say that's pretty good shoot'in at 100 yds. 'specially w/ Irons.....I will tell you, from my experience w/ 7.62 you might tighten it up just a bit, but not a whole lot, your going to have some flyers with the ammo most of us use. Most of these guns are 3-4 MOA guns.

Thanks for the response guys :)

I was reading on another board that this would be acceptable for an ar15 with irons?! that does not say much for the highly touted, highly priced AR that we all hear is so much better than our cheap innaccurate sheetmetal "toy" guns.

Come on folks post your range pics! I know you guys are a lot better shot than me. let's show them what our cheap commie cr#p can do!

this can be the thread that we refer them to when they start telling those fish tales!

nice job, thats about right with standard sights, have you checked out the beryl type mounts at gilberts? they even have one from surefire...and i dunno about that being acceptable with AR's, i always shot fairly well with them, 1-2 inches with irons at 100 yards, but thats not stock irons either so i dunno...

Edited by Vultite
nice job, thats about right with standard sights, have you checked out the beryl type mounts at gilberts? they even have one from surefire...and i dunno about that being acceptable with AR's, i always shot fairly well with them, 1-2 inches with irons at 100 yards, but thats not stock irons either so i dunno...

I've seen the other beryl mounts. they look cool, but you have to unscrew them to clean the gun,and you have to remove the rear iron sight.

this is the beryl I'm talking about

berylprotoandquad.jpg

this is not yet released, but should be any day now. It's a quick release fold up, and lets you keep /use stock iron sights as well, just like the real deal. I'm not sure, but this looks like the best thing going at this point. I wonder if we could get DPH to comment on it?

post-7063-1217782969_thumb.jpg

This is my new saiga .223 @ 50 yds. w/ stock Irons, the day I outshot a guy w/ an AR with Irons. Ammo was Brown Bear 62 gr. HP.

nice shootin!

I would have to give the advantage to the saiga 223. not only is it accurate, but it can eat all the cheap russian ammo you have, and only get cleaned once a year.

the AR only likes the expensive stuff, and needs to be broken down every couple hundred rounds to be cleaned .

SHTF? I'm takin my saiga! case closed :)

this is the beryl I'm talking about

berylprotoandquad.jpg

this is not yet released, but should be any day now. It's a quick release fold up, and lets you keep /use stock iron sights as well, just like the real deal. I'm not sure, but this looks like the best thing going at this point. I wonder if we could get DPH to comment on it?

Yeah, THATS the one I wanting to hear some feedback on !

Someone please buy and report to us

Yes, Im wanting someone else to be the guinea pig

Cheers, HarvKY