Whats the best shotgun (non saiga)  

211 members have voted

1. 1. Alright, SO what is your thoughts on best non saiga 12 gauge gun?

• Mossberg 500
    • Remington 870
    • Mossberg 930 (autoloaders)
    • Remington's autoloader
    • the Benelli autoloader
    • FN police tact

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Winchester 1300 Defender.   I've used the M1014 and it wasn't bad...would have preferred a saiga because the mag option makes slug changes easier. The M1014 does allow for 9 rounds in standard 2 3/4

Key     because that lazy shotgun ain't going to hold itself up

Ithaca M37 Bottom feed - bottom eject ALL STEEL construction No disconector on pre-1976 models (post '76 can use earliers trigger groups) slickest pump action around

Posted Images

The Benelli Supernova pump. Best grip ever, best sights ever, best loading ramp ever, best chamber possible (2.75-3.5"), chromed, and it's also the cheapest "tactical" factory pump. Cheaper than the Remmy by like $100.

Winchester 1300 Defender.

I've used the M1014 and it wasn't bad...would have preferred a saiga because the mag option makes slug changes easier. The M1014 does allow for 9 rounds in standard 2 3/4 shells though.

But the Winchester's action is smooth as silk and it too is built like a tank.

I like to sit there sometimes and just stroke it (I mean the shotgun you pervs!)

• Like 3

I've seen way to many Benellis spit out their mag springs to be comfortable with them.

That being said, if it goes bang when you pull the trigger, that's good enough for me.

Before my S-12 I carried a Mossberg 590.

Still have it too.

heh, guess i left out winchester and some others, but thanks for the heads up, i'm tryin to figure out a SHTF shotgun besides the S12, i'll grab a S12 when i can, but i need a quick cheap tank to toss in my truck and keep around the house, plus everyone knows the familar sound of the pump action (even tho i prefer semi auto...)

Winchester 1300 Defender.

I've used the M1014 and it wasn't bad...would have preferred a saiga because the mag option makes slug changes easier. The M1014 does allow for 9 rounds in standard 2 3/4 shells though.

But the Winchester's action is smooth as silk and it too is built like a tank.

I like to sit there sometimes and just stroke it (I mean the shotgun you pervs!)

I like the way the Winchester's bolt screws into the chamber like the M-16 does. To me it seems like a much stronger design when shooting a steady diet of hotter ammunition.

I still prefer the 870. I have carried the same one for 18 years and it has never had any problems and is still going strong. My S12 replaced it last year and It seems to be a durable so far as the 870 was.

I used to sell Mossbergs at a local Dick's Sporting Goods and so many of them came back! I have little faith in them now.

I'm curious, what was the major complaint? I have owned an 835 and an 870, I currently own a 500 slug, a converted s-12, and a Charles Daly semi-auto. I never had a problem with any of them.

I am going to have to go with the Mossberg 500/590, I have a 590 that serves me very well. I also have an 870 a great gun as well and rock solid. I have shot just about everything on the list quite abit except the FN. They all have there merits I just prefer the reliability of a pump gun with mucho capacity.

-E

THe only mossberg I have ever heard of having problems were the 835s, I had one blow up in my face, not fun!

Edited by Norseman
Where is the who cares option?

Because after the saiga .... seriously ... who gives a fuck

well obviously somebody does, otherwise people would not have responded.

870 gets the nod for HD.

Yeah. That's why this little patch of joy on this forum is titled "Other Weapons - SHOTGUNS (non-AK based)".

I'm going to have to agree with gunny. I love my 1200 defender. The mossbergs I've held and used had a cheap feel to them and a gritty pump into action feel. I've owned an 870 and it jammed, and I've used OTHER 870's that have jammed so I'm no longer a fan of them. I've never used the other 3 so I have no REAL opinion of them. Although macbeau has a nice suggestion with the Ithacas too.

I'm going to have to agree with gunny. I love my 1200 defender. The mossbergs I've held and used had a cheap feel to them and a gritty pump into action feel. I've owned an 870 and it jammed, and I've used OTHER 870's that have jammed so I'm no longer a fan of them. I've never used the other 3 so I have no REAL opinion of them. Although macbeau has a nice suggestion with the Ithacas too.

I had an Ithaca model 37 with the extended magazine. Keep the trigger pulled and just work the pump and blast away. Mine never gave me any trouble but after years of service some of the others started having feeding problems. When they would try to chamber the first round, they ended up with five unfired shells at their feet. The only Mossberg I've had any dealings with had severe problems feeding after the first round. I don't know what model it was and never really cared. I grew up with 870's and the saftey is in the wrong place on the Mossy. It should be on the trigger guard behind the trigger where God intended for it to be.

Only time my 870 ever jammed is when I put a Remington factory synthetic stock on it. I sold that off and put the wood back on. All is well. The Mossberg semi-autos were coming back with cracked forends and the 835's jamming after only 1 round on 3 1/2" mag ammo being used! Every single one we sold for a loooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggg time.

so my fiance bought me the new "Tactical Teddy". He's supposed to help you sleep better at night or something. His accessories were pretty cool.

DSC00474.jpg

looks like Pedo Bear is making a stand......

i got a browning bps...for the bottom eject (like macbeau for the ithaca) as well as a ithaca deerslayer.

the bps will jam only after its been filled it with dirt, found that out in texas after a dumb ass "conservation" officer came out to us in our blinds in a field hunting geese.

also have a benelli superblack eagle, love it...never jams, no kick, and easy to clean.

so my fiance bought me the new "Tactical Teddy". He's supposed to help you sleep better at night or something. His accessories were pretty cool.

DSC00474.jpg

looks like Pedo Bear is making a stand......

haha, you got me. Sick but still funny. I knew somebody would give me shit for posting it.

Actually, this is my pedo gun. I keep it in a glass case that reads "Break Glass In Case of Pedo".

Edited by sharkbit