Whats the best shotgun (non saiga)  

211 members have voted

1. 1. Alright, SO what is your thoughts on best non saiga 12 gauge gun?

• Mossberg 500
    • Remington 870
    • Mossberg 930 (autoloaders)
    • Remington's autoloader
    • the Benelli autoloader
    • FN police tact

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Winchester 1300 Defender.   I've used the M1014 and it wasn't bad...would have preferred a saiga because the mag option makes slug changes easier. The M1014 does allow for 9 rounds in standard 2 3/4

Key     because that lazy shotgun ain't going to hold itself up

Ithaca M37 Bottom feed - bottom eject ALL STEEL construction No disconector on pre-1976 models (post '76 can use earliers trigger groups) slickest pump action around

Posted Images

WOW, am I the only one that finds the Beretta 1201FP in second place to my beloved Saiga 12??

My Beretta has all but a few times, with low brass rounds, choked on me. If you use 00/000 buck or slugs in either 2-3/4 or 3" she runs flawless...of course it's recoil operated not gas so it pounds your shoulder a little more too.

Been getting harder to find on the market too.

• 2 weeks later...

Remington 870 is the standard with more local, state and federal law enforcement agencies then any other shotgun and it has been like that for years.

I have a Stainless Steel Marine 870 Police Magnum with a Remington Folding stock and a Surefire forestock as the duty companion to my Stainless Steel DSA Para-FAL.

Both have served me well under rough conditions.

• 3 weeks later...

I have an 870! seems pretty durable and the model has been around for a long time...

But.. I voted for the Mossberg 500.. I think I like the placement of the Mossberg's safety, on the top/rear of the receiver, over the cross-bolt safety on the 870..

I've been at this for a little while. Sold'em all, an shoot damn near all of them. Still keep an old US issue Ithaca 37.........quick an clean. You need to figure out just what you want a shotgun to do. We need more info.........or you need to buy about 4 different ones for different applications...............just walk in an throw yer checkbook........I'll fix you right up......... :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...
Franchi LAW-12 , Lot of firepower. Moves alot of lead very quickly.

I almost picked one up, Unfired condition, early model, and unfortunatly, the original saftey. Unless you find one with the saftey "fixed" i wouldn't get a law-12.

I've got a Mossberg 500, but i've got a soft spot for the Ithaca model 37.

• 2 weeks later...
I almost picked one up, Unfired condition, early model, and unfortunatly, the original saftey. Unless you find one with the saftey "fixed" i wouldn't get a law-12.

Why? if it's unfired... and that rare of a gun who's going to shoot it anyway?

And as far as i remember they offer a free fix for them... or am I off my rocker here...?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Why? if it's unfired... and that rare of a gun who's going to shoot it anyway?

And as far as i remember they offer a free fix for them... or am I off my rocker here...?

Oh man, i can't believe i missed this...

Who buys a gun and DOES NOT shoot it?

as soon as i find some rounds that won't blow it up, i'm going to bust out my 1902 L.C. Smith

trailer queens, who needs 'em

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm new here, just visiting. Very nice site.

Best shotgun depends on the power you want to get I think.

When you shoot really high energy slugs like the right one

in picture #1, then you need Savage 210 bolt actin or NEF

Ultra Slug Gun, as shown in pictures 2 and 3. This is from our

12ga From Hell projects. Ed.

1212.jpg

sav12th.jpg

neflb.jpg

Mossberg

n29711115_35917334_5911.jpg

What heat shield is that? Does it give you any problems with the action cycling?

I have a Mossberg 500 just like it. The shotgun comes with the pistolgrip and heatshield installed, and no it does not get in the way of cycling rounds. It looks alot like the 590 minus the stock.

Edited by Wolverine
Mossberg

n29711115_35917334_5911.jpg

What heat shield is that? Does it give you any problems with the action cycling?

I have a Mossberg 500 just like it. The shotgun comes with the pistolgrip and heatshield installed, and no it does not get in the way of cycling rounds. It looks alot like the 590 minus the stock.

Oh, very cool. In the coming months I'm probably going to get a 500 for a nice project gun, so I've been shopping around for the various accessories etc.

Yah, but I think the company who does that fix is no longer around.

I got mine from RSR in the '80s when I was an FFL. It has the button safety and a vertical safety on the other side. The vertical safety will not disengage if the button safety is ingaged. The reverse is true for the former. Mine also has the modified buffer. This is the new trigger group. So that old lever safety must be a 1st production run I do not think there are many of those around. Website (spas12.com) states Benelli who imports the Franchi may deal with this. Never had a problem with this gun. Runs like a raped ape.

Yah, but I think the company who does that fix is no longer around.

I got mine from RSR in the '80s when I was an FFL. It has the button safety and a vertical safety on the other side. The vertical safety will not disengage if the button safety is ingaged. The reverse is true for the former. Mine also has the modified buffer. This is the new trigger group. So that old lever safety must be a 1st production run I do not think there are many of those around. Website (spas12.com) states Benelli who imports the Franchi may deal with this. Never had a problem with this gun. Runs like a raped ape.

I havn't heard from anyone going to benelli about a SPAS, LAW 12 or otherwise with good luck yet. Honestly i dug into it a little and the end result was i spent the money i was putting down on that shotgun, on other purchases. I got my mossberg and L.C. smith instead. Fit both purposes the original would have, function-mossberg, collectability-L.C. Smith

but if you come up with one of the newer trigger groups i would like to hear about it. That law-12 is still sitting on a shelf and i know where...

I'm sure yours runs great, i'm sure the one i was looking at would fire perfectly, but the nature of the saftey defect with the saftey lever isn't something i would jump into. If you can get a model with the updated saftey, i havn't heard a bad thing yet.

Edited by Nailbomb