Whats the best shotgun (non saiga)  

211 members have voted

1. 1. Alright, SO what is your thoughts on best non saiga 12 gauge gun?

• Mossberg 500
    • Remington 870
    • Mossberg 930 (autoloaders)
    • Remington's autoloader
    • the Benelli autoloader
    • FN police tact

What would be a better buy:

well used, older wingmaster

or

new 870 express?

Sometimes I see the older wingmasters in a similar price range than some of the new 870 express'. From what I've read the wingmasters are just built a bit better.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Winchester 1300 Defender.   I've used the M1014 and it wasn't bad...would have preferred a saiga because the mag option makes slug changes easier. The M1014 does allow for 9 rounds in standard 2 3/4

Key     because that lazy shotgun ain't going to hold itself up

Ithaca M37 Bottom feed - bottom eject ALL STEEL construction No disconector on pre-1976 models (post '76 can use earliers trigger groups) slickest pump action around

Posted Images

heh, guess i left out winchester and some others, but thanks for the heads up, i'm tryin to figure out a SHTF shotgun besides the S12, i'll grab a S12 when i can, but i need a quick cheap tank to toss in my truck and keep around the house, plus everyone knows the familar sound of the pump action (even tho i prefer semi auto...)

Get a westernfield 500 I got them round here for $120-$170 bucks, its a Mossberg so barrel swapping is an option...mine had a helluva barrel and multi-choke tube that made it very long for HD but I am ordering the shorter barrel this Christmas.

• 2 weeks later...

I voted Mossberg 500, but that's Mossberg's baseline pump. I wouldnt have one of those.

The Mossberg 590 is what the Military and LE use.

It functions the same as the 500 but It has the stronger internals.

This 590 was the 1st thing I bought when I moved away from home (I think I paid $330 for it back 10+ years ago)

Its the base 590 model, but just look at it...

IMG_0817.jpg

...Ultra Reliable 20" shotgun with a 9-Round tube (8+1)! ...How ya gonna phuck with that!

Although Im partial to the 590 because I own one, Im sure most all pumps are very reliable. Anyone with a higher shot capacity would be fine

the 590 internals are the same as the 500. the difference in the standard 590 is the mag tube and +1 capacity over the 8 shot 500. the 590a1 is the metal saftey button and the alloy trigger assembly with the heavy wall barrel.

with that said, ill take mossberg over the 870. i like them both but the real difference is in the internals. on the 870, the bolt carrier rides on the action arms and the bolt on top of the carrier. on the 500 series, the bolt and bolt carrier sandwich the action arms. i prefer this design than the 870's. i find the 500 is a breeze to take apart and clean. i dont need any tools to strip it down. both great guns though and will serve their purpose with great ease.

Edited by Captain Hero

Winchester pump, mines a cheap model 120 Ranger. I prefer it to any of the other ones I've shot. I bought a choke tube barrel for it years ago then I cut off the long full choke that came with it to just over 18in. Nice little HD shotty.

Edited by JTucker
  • 1 month later...

The Benelli Supernova pump. Best grip ever, best sights ever, best loading ramp ever, best chamber possible (2.75-3.5"), chromed, and it's also the cheapest "tactical" factory pump. Cheaper than the Remmy by like $100.

So far, I feel the same about mine. Only wish I could get a hold of the 14" canadian version with adjustable stock.

supernova.gif

• 3 weeks later...

ahh yes, the 1887. very nice.

terminator-2-judgement-day.jpg

it even comes in 10 gauge!!

...and it's a hoot to shoot in 10GA BP!

i bet it is man, ive always wanted a 10 gauge shotgun. an 1887 chambered in that round would literally be a dream gun. id buy one right now if i had the money

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

ahh yes, the 1887. very nice.

terminator-2-judgement-day.jpg

it even comes in 10 gauge!!

...and it's a hoot to shoot in 10GA BP!

i bet it is man, ive always wanted a 10 gauge shotgun. an 1887 chambered in that round would literally be a dream gun. id buy one right now if i had the money

Keep lookin' I found one. You might too. A lot of people need money right now, and bargains are there if the timing is right.

Edited by patriot