I have created by own magazine pouch. The magazines are stored bottom down. About 1/3 of the magazine sticks up above the pouch. The pouch contains 3 magazines across the front belt line.

I have an extended magazine release. And a magazine well.

When I want to change a magazine, I hit the aluminum extended release lever, at the same time grabbing the new magazine with my left hand. I turn the gun about a quarter turn to the see the mag well hole.

Stuff in the magazine. If you haven't grabbed the magazine low enough, you hand will prevent the magazine from seating. It is important to hold the gun as close as you can to shooting level, as after the reload, all you have to do is rotate the sight into you vision and pull the trigger.

Shot to aimed shot best time 1.99 seconds.

Without a magazine well, I have to hit the old magazine with my left fist containing the new magazine (because the old magazine will not drop out) and then rock and lock with my left hand.

Shot to aimed shot bet time 2.59 seconds. The problem really isn't the difference in time, the problem is I can't seem to get better than 3 out of 4 error free reloads.

Dean Makkos claims 1 second reloads without a mag well. I would normally say he is full of it, except his "Rumore" competition gun has the shit beat out of it from practice reloading.

Edited by oldandslow

A mag well would be nice but I am moving on and going to work on my Rock and Lock treating my Saiga like it's an AK using the fresh magazine as a tool to release the old magazine.

I do plan to put a LRBHO device on my gun at some point.

• 2 months later...
I have created by own magazine pouch. The magazines are stored bottom down. About 1/3 of the magazine sticks up above the pouch. The pouch contains 3 magazines across the front belt line.

I have an extended magazine release. And a magazine well.

When I want to change a magazine, I hit the aluminum extended release lever, at the same time grabbing the new magazine with my left hand. I turn the gun about a quarter turn to the see the mag well hole.

Stuff in the magazine. If you haven't grabbed the magazine low enough, you hand will prevent the magazine from seating. It is important to hold the gun as close as you can to shooting level, as after the reload, all you have to do is rotate the sight into you vision and pull the trigger.

Shot to aimed shot best time 1.99 seconds.

Without a magazine well, I have to hit the old magazine with my left fist containing the new magazine (because the old magazine will not drop out) and then rock and lock with my left hand.

Shot to aimed shot bet time 2.59 seconds. The problem really isn't the difference in time, the problem is I can't seem to get better than 3 out of 4 error free reloads.

Dean Makkos claims 1 second reloads without a mag well. I would normally say he is full of it, except his "Rumore" competition gun has the shit beat out of it from practice reloading.

I wasn't aware that there was a magwell currently available. Could you provide any more information on it?

Holy moley that was fast. What was the third action for? It's like you're flipping something on the left side of the gun or something. I've watched it 8 or 10 times and I still can't figure it out.

1: pull trigger and click.

2: rack bolt.

3: click something. sounds like the trigger again, but it involves the left hand.

4: grab new mag and knock old one out.

5: insert new mag.

6: rack bolt.

Curiously,

Acer

ETA: I thiiinnk I've got it. It's you hitting the mag release. Your trigger finger never leaves its spot.

Edited by acer_saiga308

Acer he's going through a training exercise where he's clearing a malfunction (like a misfire or dud round), swapping mags for a good one, and getting back to rockin and rollin.

That's outstanding man!

Like she says.....OMG! lol

• 1 month later...
Here's mine....

With my Tromix Saiga with magwell, handmade Kydex magpouch, and magazines modified according to my friend Greg Queen at Carolina Shooter's Supply, 1.30-1.5 seconds, shot to shot on target. Video to follow soon!

I thought I recognized your alias from when I used to haunt the SASSwire and CasCity.

I shoot my S-12 plenty quick, but I need a LOT of work on the reloads.

I speed load my mags same way but i do a up and under reach around to my baby, not over the top, i guess its preference. I will make a video soon of me with my Saiga 12 maybe with my Ak too, but there is already a lot out there with the AK. Or you could just use an MD20, if that is the case no zombies left to reload for >.> Plenty of time to get ready for wave 2! LOL

I'm still a newb in with the gun, had it for like 2 months now. Here is few vids from today's dry-fire practice. And no, those aren't live rounds in the magazine.

Edit: Yeah, I definitely need a extended magazine release. First one is with cycling the action, second without cycling, though i did mess up bit on inserting the magazine.

saiga_1_.wmv

saiga_3_.wmv

Edited by aessu
I'm still a newb in with the gun, had it for like 2 months now. Here is few vids from today's dry-fire practice. And no, those aren't live rounds in the magazine.

Edit: Yeah, I definitely need a extended magazine release. First one is with cycling the action, second without cycling, though i did mess up bit on inserting the magazine.

Hi fellow Finn!

I was about to call you a cheater cuz we american bastards cant have nice toys like your Saiga.... or is that the new vepr?

Hi fellow Finn!

I was about to call you a cheater cuz we american bastards cant have nice toys like your Saiga.... or is that the new vepr?

It's a Spetsnaz Saiga-12k in it's factory config except for world's ugliest compensator. It's gonna be looking totally different after I modify it the way I feel perfect for competition. Gonna get a custom rear trunnion with threads for AR-buffer tube, picatinny mount for Eotech in place of the normal rear sight as it's now too back, VFG, mid-barrel comp and few other mods...

Go ahead and get a magwell, as it will most likely speed up your reloads significantly. AGP mags can easily be modified to fit and lock in the magwell. I did the mod with a file and a knife. It's pretty pricy, but if it would who decides, worth every penny. After you try it once, there is no coming back.

Edited by aessu