75 grain Wolf...

is this stuff any good? i just found some and thats 10 grains more that usual...has anyone shot this shit? I'm just wondering if it shoots well...i plan on getting some if its good stuff...

The 75gr Wolf is just repackaged Prvi Partisan 75gr ammo. Very good stuff and very accurate. Not sure how the Saiga is going to like it though. What is the twist rate of a .223 Saiga barrel anyway?

Actually, I'm shooting 75gr rounds, which seems to group "better" out of my Saiga. Now, I say that with the caveat that I'm getting about 3-4" groups at 100 yards, with a crummy Tasco scope, and your mileage may vary. I can't shoot steel case, core, or bimetal at my range, so I can't attest to most surplus rounds which tend to be 55gr. But I'm constantly testing different grain weights and have spanned the range of 40 something Hornady & Rem varmints; 55gr RemUMC, PRVI, Ultramax, American Eagle, etc.; to varying BlackHills and Federal in the 60s. I believe Saiga 223s should be a 1:9, but mine happens to enjoy 75s more. So far I've been sticking to Wolf Gold Match and UltraMax.

I was under the impression 62 gr. was about max on the Saiga .223 - some say the twist is 1:7, others say 1:9. I haven't tried any 75 gr. , but my feeling is it's pusing it. I do like the 62 gr. in mine.

62gr runs fine in mine too, although the 55gr is more accurate for me.

Some saiga 223's are 1in7 twist and some are 1in9 twist, mine is 1in9 and shoots the 75 grain decently, but the 62 grain is more accurate. my buddies saiga 223 is 1in7 and his 75 grain load groups are much better than mine. To tell what twist your rifle is use a 243 bore brush (or even a 223 brush if its tight and turns with the rifling) on a free floating handle, mark the rod with a dot (marker) and push the bush it in till it makes one full turn, measure if the rod went in 7 inches or 9 inches. A dowel rod wrapped in tape till tight in bore works good too, I hear.

Edited by GreenEye
Some saiga 223's are 1in7 twist and some are 1in9 twist, mine is 1in9 and shoots the 75 grain decently, but the 62 grain is more accurate. my buddies saiga 223 is 1in7 and his 75 grain load groups are much better than mine. To tell what twist your rifle is use a 243 bore brush (or even a 223 brush if its tight and turns with the rifling) on a free floating handle, mark the rod with a dot (marker) and push the bush it in till it makes one full turn, measure if the rod went in 7 inches or 9 inches. A dowel rod wrapped in tape till tight in bore works good too, I hear.

I don't like to use bore brushes (or dowels w/ tape) I wish there was a way I could just contact RAA w/ my serial # and get an awnser on my bbl twist. But , I guess I'll have to if I really want to know....

My personal advice is to avoid Wolf ammo. It has some seriously nasty fouling, and AK's, with that big gas tube, retain a lot more fouling than others. They're time-consuming enough to clean without it. S&B is good, cheap ammo that won't give you cleaning nightmares.

My personal advice is to avoid Wolf ammo. It has some seriously nasty fouling, and AK's, with that big gas tube, retain a lot more fouling than others. They're time-consuming enough to clean without it. S&B is good, cheap ammo that won't give you cleaning nightmares.

wait just a second!!!!!

you CLEAN your AK?????!?!?!

:eek: