Hi-Performance Pistons

do the US made gas pistons fit the S-12? or does anyone have ones that do?..just curious..i kinda like the cleaning groove , larger dia. rod , and concave domed piston design of the US made pistons...and it certainly wouldnt hurt to know if these would fit if i was to have a problem with my original one...being of a mechanical background , maybe i just like taking things apart and jazzing em up.. :unsure: ( used to build street rods back in the 70's & 80's ..lol.. , had a 10.00sec.ET street '75 GTO 455 once :super:..but only once :devil: ..lol.. )..this would probably qualify as one of those , "chrome valve covers 'cause it looks faster", kinda mods.. :smoke:..i was thinking of taking mine into work and spinning it down on a lathe myself . but i dont want to try it unless i know i have a back-up... and , if i have a back-up , i would be better off saving the original part , AND the machine time , considering the price , and the fact that the US made rods are thicker and stronger than the originals.....

Edited by Silverfox
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't think a US gas piston is needed in the Saiga. The Saiga uses a tappet similar to the M-1 Carbine and that tappet is what pushes the gas piston and bolt carrier. The dirt grooves on the Saiga are machined into the tappet and a grooved gas piston would be unnecessary on the shotgun.

On the other hand, I see no reason why a rifle gas piston wouldn't work as long as it has the same OAL and threads.