2 3/4" 3" mags

if this topic has been covered, sorry. but i have to ask. trying to fire 2 3/4 shells from a 3 inch mag. i got the springs right where it will eject. the problem is feeding the shells will hang up going into the chamber. i guess you could call it the feed ramp. it catches on the top. not all the time but i'd say 60% of the time. is there a mod to the mags to make the shell ride more forward in the mag ? it just seems if the shell was setting a little more closer to the chamber all would be good. ordered some 3" shells will give them a try. would be nice to get the shorter shells to work. thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

i bought my first saiga, an s20 a few months ago. NIB, BHO, 2.75" and 3" mags. the 3" mag already has the right (high) feed angle. so far i've only shot 2.75" shells through both mags with absolutely no problems. bought a $22 box of remington nitromag 3" #6 shot, and haven't even tried them yet.

i guess they corrected the follower angle on the new 3"ers

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...