Need Rec. conversion shop SAIGA 7.62x39

I have a friend that almost bought a century POS and I told him to just get a converted Saiga - problem is that the shops that I have dealt with are

either too expensive or real busy.

Who would you reccomend for a basic (AK103 style) conversion that would be timely and priced right ($200-$300)?

I have a friend that almost bought a century POS and I told him to just get a converted Saiga - problem is that the shops that I have dealt with are

either too expensive or real busy.

Who would you reccomend for a basic (AK103 style) conversion that would be timely and priced right ($200-$300)?

You're not gonna find a Saiga, converted to an AK103 clone, for anywhere near that price. Even most places I've contacted wanted about $600+ for an 103 clone conversion...............even with me supplying the factory Saiga.

If we knew where you lived, we might have other options for you.

With a converted Saiga, you have a brand new Russian AK in its original configuration. Something Century will probably never be able to offer. Classic Arms has the converted ones for as cheap as anyone I've seen, here:

http://www.classicarms.us/ around $549.00 i think.

but that is nothing like either (1) doing it yourself and gaining the experience and satisfaction; or (2) having one of the Pro, like those that advertise on this board do it for you. But just like was posted above, It will be much much more than $300, probably even more than twice that.

Third option is having one of the experienced "amateur" builders on this forum help you, like they said, if you live close enough by to get it to them.....

good luck!! Get the Saiga and you'll love it!!!!

Classic Arms has the converted ones for as cheap as anyone I've seen, here:

http://www.classicarms.us/ around $549.00 i think.

Please don't do that.

Have you SEEN those conversions?

They are the cheapest shiXX-work I've seen . . .

One can definitely do it him/herself and have a substantially better rifle when they're done.

Bummer..I have an AkUSA AK103K that I purchased for sub $600 awhile back (without correct FSB) and looking at the parts used I figured

Sub $200 in parts and 3-5 hours in labor $200-$300 would do another one.

Looks like Vector it is!

I would like to build one but my business sucks up too many hours right now