Few conversion questions using Tromix parts

Going to be placing my order and want to make sure I'm getting the right stuff for my Saiga 12 Conversion.

First one is for the following

Receiver back plate?

Folding Mechanism

Stock Adapter

Which one of these should I be getting, also wondering any welding or funky shit required for installation of those?

Next the

Tromix Trigger Guard/DIY TG

I know using the DIY Trigger guard will be alot easier, is welding required for the reg Tromix TG or how is it installed? Might just go with the DIY TG since it comes with the grip nut already in place.

And finally

Tromix Galil Charging Handle

Does this need welding?

I think that's it for now

Hopefully everything else I'm ordering will be all I need and I'm not missing anything:

Tromix Shark Brake

Fire control group

Tromix Handguard

AK Saw Grip

Tromix stock

Receiver back plate?

Folding Mechanism

Stock Adapter

Which one of these should I be getting, also wondering any welding or funky shit required for installation of those?

The back plate is perfect for those who are confident in their ability to TiG. Otherwise use the Stock adapter, which bolts-in after an easy mod to clear PG nut..

I know using the DIY Trigger guard will be alot easier, is welding required for the reg Tromix TG or how is it installed? Might just go with the DIY TG since it comes with the grip nut already in place.

The DIY trigger guard is currently available only for the S-12.

The regular TG welds right to the reciever...again, good choice for those that can TiG weld.

Tromix Galil Charging Handle. Does this need welding?

Yep. A critical Tig weld for those that are supremely confident.

If I'm not mistaken, the Tromix stock fits on an ACE stock adapter. If you use an ACE universal receiver block for a stamped AK, I don't think you would even need to do any modifications to use the Tromix DIY trigger guard assembly. The folding mechanism would be an additional item. Keep in mind that the universal receiver block and the folding mechanism increase the overall length of pull, so you may want to compensate accordingly and get a shorter version of the ACE skeleton stock. It just depends upon the length of pull you want.

Edited by hogdog

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you will need some sort of adapter, be it a tromix piece or the ACE piece. You have to have something to replace where the factory stock bolts into the receiver (I believe this is called the "trunnion"), which will accept either a fixed stock or a folding mechanism.

hogdog is correct, the Tromix trigger guard works fine with the ACE universal receiver block.

DSCF1147.jpg

Be aware that there are (at least) 2 very different types of Ace receiver blocks that can be used to mount the same rear stock hardware.

There is the no-mod external block that is going to give you an approximately 1.5" block of aluminum sticking out the back of your stamped receiver. I have one, now its making a great/expensive paper weight.

Then there is the internal type that leaves only about an 1/8" plate exposed on the back of your receiver to mount your stock hardware but requires that you cut off and file flat the rifle's rear tang on the trunnion, and custom fit the block with some reasonable hand filing. The better choice for a tactical folder IMO, but say goodbye to ever switching back over to a factory style fixed rear stock because you will have removed the needed mounting tang!

I suggest that you look at the various picture threads closely. Some list what parts the builder selected.

Edited by Thor's Hammer