WTB ORF AR15 Mag Adapter

I sold 6 of these this year, one sold for $110 and the rest sold for over $150, the highest I got for one was $220. They are not made any more and are getting harder to get every day. There are rumors of several vendors going to make these some day, so if $150+ is what you consider gougeing, then maybe you should wait and hope the rumors are true.

I sold 6 of these this year, one sold for $110 and the rest sold for over $150, the highest I got for one was $220. They are not made any more and are getting harder to get every day. There are rumors of several vendors going to make these some day, so if $150+ is what you consider gougeing, then maybe you should wait and hope the rumors are true.

I'd be willing to pay up to 150, but more than that I would consider gouging. Any idea why they are no longer made? Is ORF out of business?

ORF was selling them at $75 before they ran out (old stock item). All I can say is take you time hunting them down, possibly try contacting Stanley at Promag, or Promag in general-they were rumored to be in the process of making their own??? Also hit the Galil boards as that's what they were designed for. Anything can be found, even at a fair price-unfortunately as gun owners we tend to eat our own when it comes to making a buck.

I can't find these things anywhere, not even on Gunbroker. If anybody as one they are willing to sell (and won't gouge me on the thing) please PM me.

Did they stop making these things or what?

you know, i have a box full of those ( maybe 20 or 30), but i guess i would be afraid some one would call me names, so i guess i will just keep them for a while. :rolleyes: not for sale.

I can't find these things anywhere, not even on Gunbroker. If anybody as one they are willing to sell (and won't gouge me on the thing) please PM me.

you know, i have a box full of those ( maybe 20 or 30), but i guess i would be afraid some one would call me names, so i guess i will just keep them for a while. :rolleyes: not for sale.

Do you really have 20-30 and are refusing to sell or are you just messing with me? If so, all I can think to say is that this is pretty uncool. But hey, I have met few gun owners that don't think about themselves and only themselves, so I guess that just puts you in the majority.

Edited by Virtuoso

Do you really have 20-30 and are refusing to sell or are you just messing with me? If so, all I can think to say is that this is pretty uncool. But hey, I have met few gun owners that don't think about themselves and only themselves, so I guess that just puts you in the majority.

yea, i really have them ( maybe more, but not sure). no, i don't want to sell them , i use them for trading. yes, i am messing with you on this. yes, i am very "uncool" ( i am a retired grumpy old man). when you post that your afraid of being "gouged" you must keep in mind that when people buy gun stuff that the market is going to change. when the items become scarce the price will go up. that is the way it works. so either you pay the going price or you do without. if i think the price is to much for an item i don't say anything. i just go somewhere else or do without it, but i don't complain about it.

i was a gun dealer for 25+ years and i had people complain about being charge for doing transfers or my price was to high. i just asked them to go somewhere else. ( they quickly found out i was the cheapest in the area and almost always came back). again, i just told them sorry go somewhere else. it works both ways.

Edited by sgt ron

yea, i really have them ( maybe more, but not sure). no, i don't want to sell them , i use them for trading. yes, i am messing with you on this. yes, i am very "uncool" ( i am a retired grumpy old man). when you post that your afraid of being "gouged" you must keep in mind that when people buy gun stuff that the market is going to change. when the items become scarce the price will go up. that is the way it works. so either you pay the going price or you do without. if i think the price is to much for an item i don't say anything. i just go somewhere else or do without it, but i don't complain about it.

i was a gun dealer for 25+ years and i had people complain about being charge for doing transfers or my price was to high. i just asked them to go somewhere else. ( they quickly found out i was the cheapest in the area and almost always came back). again, i just told them sorry go somewhere else. it works both ways.

I am a small business owner myself and I completely understand where your coming from. I have actually snatched product from a customers hand put it back on the shelf and told them to get out, I wasn't there to take their shit.

That being said, you've got four posts and your being a grumpy old man here already, and taunting too. There's paying market value then there's "gouging" as in when you see an ad on gunbroker for $1500 for a converted S12. You can buy one for less than $600 and $100 of parts and an afternoon of work gets you the same gun-so $1500 is gouging. You're right you don't have to pay, but if others see that and no one calls "gouging" on it then you get the speculators in the game who buy up everything in sight and try to turn a massive quick buck. Its the kind of thing that drives gas prices up even higher.

Yea, I know, it's the free market system. But the individual can get screwed if you're not careful and that was the way I interpreted the OP's post.

Just say'n,

When I said gouged I meant I wouldn't pay more than 150 bucks for one. This thread was meant to invite offers, and as you said if your offer was too high I would simply say thank you but I cannot afford that. Now if you feel that what you would name as your price would be considered by the community to be absurdly high, unfair, etc, then I would think that would say more about you and your price than me.

But hey, they're your parts and you'll do what you want with them, just remember what goes around comes around.

I am a small business owner myself and I completely understand where your coming from. I have actually snatched product from a customers hand put it back on the shelf and told them to get out, I wasn't there to take their shit.

That being said, you've got four posts and your being a grumpy old man here already, and taunting too. There's paying market value then there's "gouging" as in when you see an ad on gunbroker for $1500 for a converted S12. You can buy one for less than $600 and $100 of parts and an afternoon of work gets you the same gun-so $1500 is gouging. You're right you don't have to pay, but if others see that and no one calls "gouging" on it then you get the speculators in the game who buy up everything in sight and try to turn a massive quick buck. Its the kind of thing that drives gas prices up even higher.

Yea, I know, it's the free market system. But the individual can get screwed if you're not careful and that was the way I interpreted the OP's post.

Just say'n,

And you interpreted me exactly as I intended.

Also, if you are selling a product you bought for $75 (probably less since you bought in bulk), and market price is $100-$150, and you are selling them for 250-300, you are dick, plain and simple. You are screwing up the market and artificially increasing price to a level that is unacceptable through manipulation of supply. Once again, obviously they are yours to do as you like with, but what goes around does come around and you are setting yourself up to be screwed in the future do to your greed.

Edited by Virtuoso

Just say'n,

Also, if you are selling a product you bought for $75 (probably less since you bought in bulk), and market price is $100-$150, and you are selling them for 250-300, you are dick, plain and simple. You are screwing up the market and artificially increasing price to a level that is unacceptable through manipulation of supply. Once again, obviously they are yours to do as you like with, but what goes around does come around and you are setting yourself up to be screwed in the future do to your greed.

what are you reading? go back and re-read all my post, maybe read all the words.

here is what is said.

"yea, i really have them ( maybe more, but not sure). no, i don't want to sell them , i use them for trading. yes, i am messing with you on this.".....................

they are not for sale. i will say it one more time " they are not for sale" i use them for trading to people that have stuff they bought earlier and there stuff is now usually worth more. it's a wash on the pricing. i don't care what the price is now, it just helps me get what parts i need.

just because you have waited until the prices are high now on something it is not the sellers fault. it is no ones fault but your own. a few months ago you could find them for around $100.

i hope that you can find what you want, but each day the prices seem to be going up. if you can wait another week or so the price of them will be well over the $200 mark, if you can find one.

good luck in your search.

Edited by sgt ron

Honestly I am unaware as to why you responded to this thread unless it was to taunt me your excessive ownership and lack of willingness to let go of one. I asked if anyone was willing to sell me one of the adapters, not who owned them and didn't want to sell one. In that respect, you are merely being a dick. Its akin to someone placing an ad for a roommate, someone calling them and telling them that they have a roommate and then hanging up. You are not contributing, just being annoying.

I don't care if you have more than thirty if you aren't going to sell one to me, and I don't know why you would think I or anyone else on this board would.

Let refocus this thread to what it was originally intended, who has one and is willing to sell it?

Edited by Virtuoso
Honestly I am unaware as to why you responded to this thread unless it was to taunt me your excessive ownership and lack of willingness to let go of one. I asked if anyone was willing to sell me one of the adapters, not who owned them and didn't want to sell one. In that respect, you are merely being a dick. Its akin to someone placing an ad for a roommate, someone calling them and telling them that they have a roommate and then hanging up. You are not contributing, just being annoying.

I don't care if you have more than thirty if you aren't going to sell one to me, and I don't know why you would think I or anyone else on this board would.

Let refocus this thread to what it was originally intended, who has one and is willing to sell it?

my response was about the "gouge " comment which you made in your first post. as this is a "discussion thread section", not a "wanted to buy section" i was having a discussion. you have totally missed the discussion point. with that i am sorry if i hurt your feelings, that was not my intention.

i will not have any more discussion with you over this and let it be. i hope you are able to find what it is your looking for at a price that you are willing to pay.

have a nice day.

I have sold these for some serious money this year, I made as much as I could on them, I would have made more if I could. NOW you say that makes me a DICK, why? because some fool like you waited too long to get them cheaply???? Or because you are a Newbie to the game and desperately want one at last years prices???? Or maybe you think because we are all shooters here we are like brothers or kin???? When was the last time you did anything for me?????? Sounds to me like YOU sir are the DICK, for numerous reasons. PLAIN and Simple, PAY UP, SHUT UP, OR WAIT to find one in a yard sale on the cheap.

Edited by GreenEye
I have sold these for some serious money this year, I made as much as I could on them, I would have made more if I could. NOW you say that makes me a DICK, why? because some fool like you waited too long to get them cheaply???? Or because you are a Newbie to the game and desperately want one at last years prices???? Or maybe you think because we are all shooters here we are like brothers or kin???? When was the last time you did anything for me?????? Sounds to me like YOU sir are the DICK, for numerous reasons. PLAIN and Simple, PAY UP, SHUT UP, OR WAIT to find one in a yard sale on the cheap.

Once again I must ask, why exactly are you posting here? Unless its just to be an asshole, then you have nothing to contribute.

Also, selling them at market price and selling them well above are two totally different things. Market price is fair (and as far as I can tell about 150 bucks right now). If you are doing the latter than you are an asshole, plain and simple. Taking advantage of other people because they don't know any better is not right, regardless of how much money you can make off of them.

You are not a dick for making a profit, you are a dick if you cheated in doing so.

And thanks for helping me out JK. I contacted him and unfortunately its already sold.

Edited by Virtuoso

Once again I must ask, why exactly are you posting here? Unless its just to be an asshole, then you have nothing to contribute.

Also, selling them at market price and selling them well above are two totally different things. Market price is fair (and as far as I can tell about 150 bucks right now). If you are doing the latter than you are an asshole, plain and simple. Taking advantage of other people because they don't know any better is not right, regardless of how much money you can make off of them.

You are not a dick for making a profit, you are a dick if you cheated in doing so.

And thanks for helping me out JK. I contacted him and unfortunately its already sold.

What a boo-hoo baby you are. Who made you boss of what market price is??? PLAIN and SIMPLE, market price is whatever the market will bear. Your whining is very pathetic, makes you look silly. If you were not so lame why don't you just go to gunbroker and you will see one right now that is only $120, sure to go up tho. But you are the whiny type who NEEDS others to do for you. You think that by selling something for what someone is obviously willing to spend is cheating them???? WOW, you are some piece of work!!!!

What a boo-hoo baby you are. Who made you boss of what market price is??? PLAIN and SIMPLE, market price is whatever the market will bear. Your whining is very pathetic, makes you look silly. If you were not so lame why don't you just go to gunbroker and you will see one right now that is only $120, sure to go up tho. But you are the whiny type who NEEDS others to do for you. You think that by selling something for what someone is obviously willing to spend is cheating them???? WOW, you are some piece of work!!!!

Do you honestly think I haven't checked gunbroker? At the time this thread was created Gunbroker didn't have any units on it. As far as market price being what the market will bear, yes, you are correct in that assessment. However, if people are choosing not to purchase at the price that is set, than that isn't market price.

Now if someone doesn't know what a fair price for something is, and you take advantage of that fact than you are cheating them, regardless of what they are willing to pay or accept. A good example are diamonds in Africa. The people that live there and dig up the diamonds do not know the fair price for them, and so they sell them far below market value. Now, just because they are willing to sell at that price doesn't mean they aren't being cheated, or that they "are just too stupid to figure out the difference". Someone is taking advantage of someone else, and that is wrong.

Look, this thread isn't to describe the finer nuances of exploitative economics, but rather to help me find one of these adapters and to hopefully pay no more than 200 bucks. If you don't want to help with that or if you just want to disagree with me then please don't post.

Do you honestly think I haven't checked gunbroker? At the time this thread was created Gunbroker didn't have any units on it. As far as market price being what the market will bear, yes, you are correct in that assessment. However, if people are choosing not to purchase at the price that is set, than that isn't market price.

Now if someone doesn't know what a fair price for something is, and you take advantage of that fact than you are cheating them, regardless of what they are willing to pay or accept. A good example are diamonds in Africa. The people that live there and dig up the diamonds do not know the fair price for them, and so they sell them far below market value. Now, just because they are willing to sell at that price doesn't mean they aren't being cheated, or that they "are just too stupid to figure out the difference". Someone is taking advantage of someone else, and that is wrong.

Look, this thread isn't to describe the finer nuances of exploitative economics, but rather to help me find one of these adapters and to hopefully pay no more than 200 bucks. If you don't want to help with that or if you just want to disagree with me then please don't post.

I will post whenever I feel like it, not up to YOU. If you want one of these bad enough buy one at the lowest price you can find, that is what MARKET price is at the time. Your analogies of diamonds in africa is so inacurate. I never made anyone toil for the mag adapters I sold. I started all of my auctions at $100 and where they went from there was only TRUE market price (what the market would bear). I described the items accurately, but beyond that I could care less if the buyer knew what he was doing, what he was buying, what it is used for, how much I originally paid for them, what price they were last year or the year before, ect...... The buyers may have bought them as a hair regrowth product, I DON'T CARE. I was not fooling anyone, cheating anyone, taking advantage of anyone, ect.

You are just a crybaby who wants one at last years price. You know what they are, how scarce they are, what they are used for, so either pony up or shut up and move along. You came to this board and made statements that people selling them for over XXX ammount of money are dicks and assholes, and compared them to the blood diamond buyers that exploit the poor blacks of africa. The price you want to pay is not allways the price you must pay for things you want, learn this and grow up.

Again like i said there is one on gunbroker right now with high bid of only $120 (how much more helpfull can i get ). There has not been many weeks this year when one has NOT been listed on gunbroker. Remember people don't allways spell right so search galil adapter, galil adaptor, mag adaptor, mag adapter, magazine adaptor, magazine adapter, ect.... you get the point.

Edited by GreenEye