Who sells a inexpensive black AK stock?

I have that stock on my S12 currently. It's just fine. It is a bit short but I don't mind it. It does put your cheek close to the dust cover and I feel the dust cover and spring tab hit my face every once in a while on recoil. :haha2:

Thanks for posting that link. After a bit of research I am going to spend a little more and get a K-Var stock. I want the NATO length:)

If you're planning to add a recoil pad you may want to consider getting a shorter stock as recoil pad (depending on which one you get) will add an inch or so to the length.

I ordered this one:

http://www.k-var.com/shop/product.php?prod...=283&page=1

I want the NATO length

I've got a Kvar Nato length on my 7.62x39 and it is 1/2"-1" short of being perfect for me. I'm about 5' 11". Adding a pad to it would make it a little better, but I'd worry about it catching on my shirt while shouldering it. I wish I could have tried the extended Nato first. Keep in mind the Warsaw length and Nato length stocks were made with body armor and cold weather gear in mind. Neither of those is a worry of mine.

I have the tapco stock on mine, and it works great. Funny i just ordered this recoil pad today.

New AK But Pad Combat Style

New Release! Slip over pad for AK rifles! Combat designed pad adds 1" to the stock length. Pad absorbs recoil and plants firearm firmly against shoulder for non slip firing. When the going gets tough,

http://www.tickbitesupply.com/ak.html

Have any pics of the limb saver installed?

It's still a little roughed, but it works pretty good. I will eventually grind down the top to be even with the stock. 10 rnds of 3" 1 buck and my shoulder didn't even feel it. My cheek was a little sore from the top of the stock coming up but my shoulder was just fine. lol

100 rounds of bird shot at clay and I'm ready to open up another box and shoot another 100. :killer:

The trick to grinding the shape is to use a belt sander with 80 grit and a lot of WD40. Once the shape comes in the rubber portion can be polished with a fine grit (600) and a lot of wd 40 (not to mention a LOT of time) but honestly show car quality itsn't my thing.

post-9800-1218836497_thumb.jpg

Have any pics of the limb saver installed?

It's still a little roughed, but it works pretty good. I will eventually grind down the top to be even with the stock. 10 rnds of 3" 1 buck and my shoulder didn't even feel it. My cheek was a little sore from the top of the stock coming up but my shoulder was just fine. lol

100 rounds of bird shot at clay and I'm ready to open up another box and shoot another 100. :killer:

The trick to grinding the shape is to use a belt sander with 80 grit and a lot of WD40. Once the shape comes in the rubber portion can be polished with a fine grit (600) and a lot of wd 40 (not to mention a LOT of time) but honestly show car quality itsn't my thing.

Great looking gun! I may have to rock the limbsaver! They are kinda pricey for a peice of rubber though! Very nice work though! How did you attach it?

Great looking gun!
Thanks.

I may have to rock the limbsaver! They are kinda pricey for a peice of rubber though! Very nice work though!
It's a very soft yet strong rubber with a air chamber inside. Much more effective than the old school recoil pad on my decades old pump shotgun.

How did you attach it?

like this.

Step:

1)Remove the 2 screws and the stamped metal back plate from the stock.

2)I clamped down a sheet of 80 grit sand paper on my bench, then worked the back of the stock completely flat. Pay close attention because if you just go ape--it you're going to end up crooked.

(pic link)

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?act=At...st&id=20916

3)Once flat I had to drill down the screw standoffs because I need the adapter plate to fit inside the stock so the limbsaver will be flush.

note:This could be skipped if you wanted to add another 1/8" length. You would just have to spend more time shaping the adapter plate since

it's going to be visible. You would also want to paint the adapter plate.

(pic link)

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?act=At...st&id=20915

4)Get a piece of aluminum plate. I think 2" wide and 1/8" thick is what I used but I don't really recall. I spent more time shaping and hand fitting than measuring...

5)Make the adapter plate-Cut and shape the adapter plate, drill the holes to mount the adapter plate, mark the plate for the limbsaver screw holes and drill a pair of nice small pilot holes. Thread the holes with the provided screws. Oh yeah, and make counter-sinks with a larger drill bit so the screws going through the plate into the stock don't interferer with the limb-saver fit. (I had to counter sink as deep as I could, then carve out a little clearance in the limbsaver, and grind down a little bit of the screw head to get the desired fit).

(pic link)

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?act=At...st&id=20914

6)Shape the grind to fit limbsaver using a belt sander, wd40, and an 80 grit belt. I got this method from gunfixer (thank gunfixer :up: ) and let me tell you there IS NO OTHER WAY! You have to be very careful because if you dig in and let it get at all hot it starts pulling chunks out of the rubber and will completely screw the finish, wasting your $40 limbsaver. Fortunately there is a LOT of material to be removed so you should get the hang of it before you get near the final shape.

The first time is a learning experience. Having done it once now I think the second time would be easy.

Edited by hobbyshooter