DPH Arms Beryl Mount with pics

We got the samples in today and here are the pics as promised. We tried to stick as closely as posible to the original Beryl design but we also wanted to make it user friendly with NO gunsmithing required.

The mount is connected to the rear site base with 2 hardned and pointed screws which will make a small indentation into the metal and act as a pivot point. The screws then have "set screws" that lock them into postion. We were originally considering using a "spot" drill bit to create a deeper indentation for the points to sit in but now that we have it in hand we are not sure that it will be needed. Testing will let us know.

The quick disconnect on the back does not require any alterations to the rear trunion. It is a separate piece that sits in the trunion and is held down with the rear stock screw. That piece has the "male" locking tab for the quick disconnect to mount to. I will get more detailed pics and post them.

As for price, we are working on that and I hope to have something very soon.

Scott

DSC00317-3.jpg

DSC00318-2.jpg

DSC00326-2.jpg

Thanks guys, we have worked hard to get this right. We are right were we need to be. There are a couple of "tweaks" that we need to do. The rear trunion on the Saiga is not as deep as the Romanian guns so we have to fine a way around that and also we need to find out how many different variations there are in the rear trunions from country to country.

Scott

Looks like you have a winner there :victory:

Your site usually has a notification tab on products. Will you do that with this item and/or post it here when we can place an order or get on a list?

Uh, any ballpark guesstimation on pricing ??? not that we would hold you to anything :P

Is this for 7.62 only, or is the 308 Saiga a possibility as well?

Cheers,

HarvKY

Wow....sign me up!

just what i wanted for my .308 I assume it will work on that?

Thanks,

When ready to sell, suggest you make a contribution to the forum (forum rules, advertising requires a contributor status, or business membership) - suspect that was Makc's point......but i should not try to speak for him.

regardless, nice looking product!

I fully understand that you have to pay to play, we have intentionally not advertised anything for sale. We are simply trying to get all the feedback that we can to ensure that this thing is as best it can be.

I went back and checked all of our post and all we have ever done is respond to questions being asked by members and also asked for some feedback in reguard to R&D work. If I have misstepped I appologize!!!

Scott

If I'm not mistaken, that is a plastic copy of our original Beryl mount. Thiers is made out of some type of polymer and ours is machined out of a solid block of aluminum.

Scott

Plus, theirs doesn't look like it has QD capabilities. Which is a HUGE plus on your product, in my book.

I just received my rear rail system today. But on the instructions it says I have to disengage my rear iron sight, which don't make me a happy camper at all. To makes matters worse, it also says in big bold letters, "Warning; Sight will flip up at Mach 1 speed, may cause injury."

On your rail do you have to remove the iron sights or does it fit with it or what?