Some what off topic but S12 related:)

When I was growing up my grandfather always had a gun rack in his truck window. Usaully had a shotgun or a 22 there in the window. I just don't see it anymore? Is it not legal or has the pride in carrying not what it used to be? I actually thought of throwing my old 870 in the back window of my truck:) I would be afraid someone might steal the saiga 12! They cost too much to chance:)

It's a shame we don't see gun in the back of pickup windows but it's possible that it's an invitation to thieves. What you may want to do is take the rifle or shotgun only when you go to shooting if you don't intend to stop anywhere.

It's the world we live in today. I used to have the gun rack in the truck, one over the fireplace and the glass door gun case in the living room or den. Now it's a pistol in the console and a one ton safe bolted to the basement floor.

Edited by I'mYourHuckleberry
I read somewhere it was a safety issue. Have to stop quick or get into an accident, a rifle flying through the cab would not be good......................

didn't you see "shoot 'em up"? it has to be good because 2 handguns flying through a FRONT windshield was good... DUH

In the old days you could leave your truck with guns in the back window gun rack overnight in most any parking lot in most areas of the US, and the truck and guns would not be disturbed in the am.

My old man had a gun rack and it was never bothered, even though he went to about the seediest bars in this area.

My 90 year old aunt used to go on vacation and leave her house doors unlocked so the neighbors could come use her phone back in the 50's and nothing was ever stolen from her house.

Now you run into walmart to get some milk and come back out and someone has stolen you wheels and tires.

That is the main reason people no longer do it IMO

We have a lot more low down thieves in our society these days.

you can put your guns BEHIND the seat if you want,some people even make a rack behind the seat if your not going to put alot of junk back there,most newer fullsize trucks have a large console big enough for a couple of pistols,if you remove the tray/floor you can fit the 223 keltec pistol with the mag removed

I was going to put a roof mount in my car to keep one overhead but a good post I read kept me from doing it. The breakdown of it was:

A guy has a rifle in the window of his truck. A car behind him slows down as the guy parks in his driveway. The car sits there a second and drives away. A week or so later someone broke into his house and a bunch of guns were stolen. I'm just as well off taping $100 bills to my rear window.

I wouldn't... I don't leave anything of value visible in the passenger compartment; less incentive for some crackhead to bust my window.

Plus, you have to be careful with local laws when driving around with visible firearms. Can't drop your kid off at school, can't take a friend to the airport, etc.

• 2 weeks later...
I actually thought of throwing my old 870 in the back window of my truck:) I would be afraid someone might steal the saiga 12! They cost too much to chance:)

Consider throwing in an AK-47 made of GLASS just like this one:

post-2027-1220007886_thumb.jpg

source: A study of Kalashnikov Vodka (offkalashnikov Museum Virtual Tour site)

Edited by acca47