Surefire front forearm

Gilbert's is taking pre orders on the Saiga forearm. This is made by "SGM" (Surefire gun mags, not to be confused with surefire) if they receive enough interest (preorders), they will go into production. They should be receiving a sample within the next couple days, and will be shooting pictures of it. They have them listed for both 12GA and rifle.

004512.medium.jpg

I received an email today from them as I had a few questions.

"We have toyed around with the type of finish, and the glass

content of the unit to produce an outstanding finished product. We are all

very excited about this product, and you will see new pics very , very soon."

They have a large quantity of preorders so far but every bit helps! The Russian forearm if you can find one is around $55, and gives you the one lower rail. The Halo is anywhere from $250-350.

$79.99 aint too bad considering! I'm looking forward to it.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wrote about this in the following thread...which is pretty buried by now because I am still waiting for my forearm to come in so that I can write a review about it.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=28072&hl=

Before I ordered I spoke to someone at Gilbert's and they assured me that they had them in stock in their warehouse and that they were just waiting for the packaging to come in so that they could ship them out. This was just about a month ago. I said hell, I don't care about the packaging wrap it in newspaper and drop it in a box.

It will be pretty sweet once it finally comes in.

I saw that a while back. Pretty interesting. Then it seemed to have dropped off their web page for a while but now it pulls back up.

3 forward quad rails with a smooth rear gripping area. It looks a bit simplistic and blocky in the CAD drawing. I am eager to see what an actual sample looks like mounted on a shotgun.

Once they put up real pics i'll consider it for my X39, their gun mags are great, the front fore grip looks promising, but we'll see...any word on a preorder # before production? or a deadline at least?

Edited by Vultite
I saw that a while back. Pretty interesting. Then it seemed to have dropped off their web page for a while but now it pulls back up.

3 forward quad rails with a smooth rear gripping area. It looks a bit simplistic and blocky in the CAD drawing. I am eager to see what an actual sample looks like mounted on a shotgun.

Yeah that CAD drawing doesn't make it look too awesome. I think it's going to look pretty good in person.

No idea on preorder amount or cut off date. He did say he had a lot of preorders so far which is good considering I haven't seen too much talk about it, but I'm hoping the power of the saiga 12 forum can generate more interest and get the project flowing.

Will: Yes that's for the s12, but there is also a rifle version that will be made pending the interest.

Edited by lammy

I am not slighting their project, but anyone can sketch out a new handguard. The trick is in building them. There is really no more this handguard then an idea as this point. It is just a potentiality, nothing to get excited about it.

I take back what I have said. I just checked their blog on their site and this is what I found. I'm starting to think I got fed a line of BS when I called and they said they were in stock. I don't mind waiting for production, I just hate thinking that it is in the mail....

https://www.gilbertsguns.com/site/blog/index.html

We Are Now Taking Back-Orders On The New Saiga Tri Rail Forearm For Rifles & Shotguns

Saiga Tri Rail Forearms For Saiga Standard Rifles (Expected Delivery 8/21/08)

Saiga Tri Rail Forearms For Saiga Shotguns (Expected Delivery 8/21/08)

that looks pretty nice...I'm considering doing a conversion of my own...now that i have job security! LOL...they busted a bunch of people at work for drugs...let like 50 people go because of it. i was scared i was going to get laid off a few days prior...look who emerged from the smoke!? I was going to do a .223 but i got a call today about a NIB S12 for $525 so...that looks like a nice rail set-up and its not too pricey either!

Yeah, it looks like a factory replacement part,... US Style,.

Let's see it mounted,..

or better yet,.. send me one and I will take pics of what it looks like,..on a sweet s12

Agreed. It would be nice to see on a gun. I will say that after seeing it in prototype form I'm a LOT more interested.
Edited by Gas Giant

Update from GilbertsGuns Blog:

We Are Now Taking Back-Orders On The New Saiga Tri Rail Forearm For Rifles & Shotguns

Saiga Tri Rail Forearms For Saiga Standard Rifles (Expected Delivery 9/5/08)

Saiga Tri Rail Forearms For Saiga Shotguns (Expected Delivery 9/5/08)

• 2 weeks later...