Surefire front forearm

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just was notified by UPS that the forearm is on the way.

Me too!

Yay

All these "custom" Saiga 12 forearms are getting better and looking pretty good. I'm curious as to who has actually got some variant of the 800 AR front forends to fit an S-12 with some minor dremel or spreading work. Most likely of the fast install two part versions where you bolt the top rail part to a lower tri-rail part. Is every one of these on the market really just too small to fit?

here ya go the material is durable really rigid and feels strong as hell however it was a pain i thought to get on, it marred a bit of paint on the bottom part of the piston cover and i cant really tell if its all that secure without like a torture test. what im saying is it doesnt seem as if the securing screw is in the right place? i guess well have to see what other people say

post-11713-1222186257_thumb.jpg

post-11713-1222186269_thumb.jpg

post-11713-1222186281_thumb.jpg

post-11713-1222186290_thumb.jpg

post-11713-1222186308_thumb.jpg

post-11713-1222186316_thumb.jpg

post-11713-1222186328_thumb.jpg

the foregrip does have the screw in the same spot as the original grip. it slides down the barrel and fits really tight. i tried to post some more pics however its not letting me do it for some reason i dont really understand whats wrong. ill stay on it and see what i can do.

It is a very hard plastic. Seems to be very durable and very tight fitting. Had to use a plastic hammer to get it on. Zero movement and I think it would stay on even if you did not use the bolt to secure it. It is a bit long, but works out great with my Ultimak.

post-9063-1222203017_thumb.jpg

post-9063-1222203036_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I had ordered one of these over a month ago, and still not received one. I called Gilbert's and a guy told me that they had plenty to ship, but that they stopped sending them out because they were getting complaints that the quick-connect style rail mount light & laser holders would not latch on tight to the rails on this forearm, and they suspected the rails were not up to spec. If you use a screw-tightening type attachment like a vertical fore-grip then it works fine, but not the spring-loaded quick-connect accessory mounts. The guy at Gilberts said they had sent a bunch back, or were waiting for modified and resized versions to come in before sending anymore to customers. Anyone else hear of this?

Edited by dreadknight
oh freaking A that is sweeet. I cannot wait for my rifle one to come in. Been ordered for months now.

Clark and Queen, thanks for the pics guys.

+1! The pictures look great, and I look forward to someday receiving the rifle version I ordered a couple of months ago.