Romanian PAR-1 Pump Carbine

post-10790-1219452464_thumb.jpgpost-10790-1219452433_thumb.jpg

post-10790-1219452410_thumb.jpgWell here's a little oddity which still shows up for sale here in the PRK on occasion. This is a PAR-1 from Romania which showed up during the Clinton AW ban. I put a Tapco stock and PG on it and it will take standard AK mags. It's a little strange to see no gas tube but it works great and totally california legal because it's not a semi auto.post-10790-1219452381_thumb.jpg

Its the lack of a gas system (no gas hole in the barrell and no cycling action) that makes it so accurate. They only cost $200, so converting it to gas is more trouble than its worth and the converts have a bad reputation for reliability. Besides, its a cool oddity.

I just saw one at Big five,and the are pretty clean. The first thing to go is the butt stock for sure! :lol: I think I need one. Its got a pretty smooth action too, and the price is right.

You guys did a nice job on those. :up:

Thanks!

They are really fun just to get the heads doing a double take out at the range!post-10790-1220470150_thumb.jpg

I would like one, too, but it seems they're mostly sold only in California ( no surprise ).

I hear you. It would make a good trunk gun. J&G had them advertised a few months back for $180 and I was going to get one...I wish I had now. The best thing about it is that if I decide I really don't like it I can always make it semiauto again. :devil:

I have a par 3 and love it for plinking,I also made my own version from a "G" kit to use here in Pennsy for deer season where law states a manually operated centerfire cartridge with no more than 5 rounds with a detachable magazine for big game........nothing about fixed bayonets :ded: My friends are asking me when the pump action 1919 is going to make an appearance?....HMMM.....here is my pump"G"

100_0153.jpg

100_0156resize1JPG.jpg

I have a par 3 and love it for plinking,I also made my own version from a "G" kit to use here in Pennsy for deer season where law states a manually operated centerfire cartridge with no more than 5 rounds with a detachable magazine for big game........nothing about fixed bayonets :ded: My friends are asking me when the pump action 1919 is going to make an appearance?....HMMM.....here is my pump"G"

100_0153.jpg

100_0156resize1JPG.jpg

Maybe I'll have to make my own just for laughs. What did you do to block the gas port? Perhaps I can do one with a shut-off valve to make it go pump or auto, ala SPAS-12. How did you tie in your forend to the gas piston? Sorry for all of the questions.

Thats the first thing i thought of as well, semi/pump, you could use the gas block from a Yugo m70 and shorten the grenade sight into a usable switch, it would be a little tricky to keep your pump forearm from wacking you in the hand in semi, but you could have it ride up a little on springs into an L shaped slot slot in the gas tube, and have somewhere for it to catch on the shaft of the piston, maybe using something like an m92 or galil style piston.

m92_gas_pistons.jpg

AK-P53-B.jpg

Be a little trickier to do it on a shotgun, but that would be the cats meow, certainly.

Edited by ReverendFranz

100_0153.jpg

100_0156resize1JPG.jpg

Maybe I'll have to make my own just for laughs. What did you do to block the gas port? Perhaps I can do one with a shut-off valve to make it go pump or auto, ala SPAS-12. How did you tie in your forend to the gas piston? Sorry for all of the questions.

Surly,I shaved off the sling swivel to make room for the slide.I turned a slug that fits the gas block snug and pinned it in place with a threaded sling swivel.Made a new double slotted gas tube.cut off the piston and made new longer one that i pressed on p-shaft,drilled and tapped 4 holes that the slide attaches to with a piece of brake line tubing that fits the slots in the gas tube.I left the charging handle on which makes it nice to cycle by when i plink with the cheapo bipod..hopes this helps...kman

100_1478.jpg

Edited by kmanator